Squig Lore Question (Blingteefs)

Jazarith

I am waiting on my Gloomspite Gitz Battletome to get in but I have some models and I want to get started on my building and painting.  Before I do I would like to ask the Greenskin lore guys here if my idea is too far a stretch or if anything in the current lore goes against my idea.  Here goes.

I would like to start an army of Squig Breeders that are on the realm of Chamon.  These gitz have learned how to grow their squigs in and around certain types of ore deposits so that the teeth of their squigs are encrusted with or are fully gems and metal ore.   The higher ranking the goblin the more of a Bling-gob their mount has.  The Loonboss' Manglers will have one that has a glowing Wyrdstone mouth and the other an Ur-gold (going to paint it as gold-amber stone/ore) that they grew out of meteorites they found deep in the caverns they call home.  The robes are going to be painted yellow to signify they wealth the goblins in this part of Chamon have since they have learned to make squig teef so shiny.

The Realm of Metal, seems like, it would facilitate this as possible.

Does this fly in the face of anything in the lore on how squigs are grown?  Thank you for all the help you guys and gals can give.

I think that's a good idea and not too unusual since the battletome mentions arachnarock spiders having different silk in different realms, the spiders in chamon have metallic silk, and squigs are very diverse already. It seems entirely likely that feeding squigs realmstone or raising them in special areas would change them.

27 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I think that's a good idea and not too unusual since the battletome mentions arachnarock spiders having different silk in different realms, the spiders in chamon have metallic silk, and squigs are very diverse already. It seems entirely likely that feeding squigs realmstone or raising them in special areas would change them.

Great!  That's a good parallel with the spider silk.  The fungus is taking up the elements in it's surroundings and causing the squigs and goblins to have shiny teeth.

6 minutes ago, michu said:

If we can have metallic trees in Chamon, we can also have metallic fungi and metallic fungoid creatures.

I can get down with that logic.  I only wanted to make sure that my fun painting project could actually work in the world.  I won't be on the teef painting stage for a few days so if anyone else has anything to add I would like to hear others' thoughts on this sort of thing.

Squigs have always been one of those things in both AoS and 40k where they are so versatile and come in so many shapes and sizes that its borderline silly, that's just part of their charm. To say that there are some Bling-Bling Squigs with their pimped out grot handlers just fits right into the lore to me! 

Archived