Let's Chat: Mollog's Mob

PJetski

5 hours ago, PJetski said:

But I've already played Ironskull's boys? I thought I already did that?

Jokes aside this warband looks ridiculous in the best way. Really digging these oddball mechanics built straight into teams that we're seeing more and more of since Nightvault.  Mollog getting to move more than once a turn is going to be amazing.

Also awaiting a 0 movement Mollog due to Sudden Growth and Deathly Fortitude. The Stalagoth.

Although a part of me dies when I see awesome faction ploys that require hammer/crits to go off.. damn it Ironskull!

It's interesting that you cannot score Supremacy or Our Only Way Out. Seems like a really fun warband to play. I'm thinking of a very fast aggro deck build with Mollog. I really love how drastically different each fighter is. 

Duel of wits, spoils of battle, light armour, ready for action, come to mind to make the warband quick from the get go. 

Movement cards like sidestep, distraction, faneway crystal, hidden path all feel like great starts. You could use hidden path or faneway crystal and still charge after moving! 

1 hour ago, Bandit-94 said:

Mollog + Second Wind = awesome 

I'm nearly 90% Sure that you can't get a second (Uninspired)  or third (Inspired) charge off with this, as you are only treating the fighter as having moved. Whereas his card specifically is tied to tokens....

And because he is your leader, you can't use Tyrants Command either.

Potion of Grace however, That is certainly viable.

Edited by Desidus

Stalagsquig is going to be a pain for objective decks. The SC has the Champion to take it down but he is to slow to protect every objective. The gbs has their leader. The Thorns would get inspered fast if it is deployed on one of their objective and get some cleave early in the game. The Eyes... well, inspered K'rachis can help...

Stalagsquig and centre of attention look interesting. Since you can put the stalagsquig on any open hex, you can much more easily have a perfectly placed centre of attention 

also with the stalagsquig placed on any open he'd and the fast bat squig, you can score Extreme Flanks even easier 

Edited by Anthony225
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Desidus said:

I'm nearly 90% Sure that you can't get a second (Uninspired)  or third (Inspired) charge off with this, as you are only treating the fighter as having moved. Whereas his card specifically is tied to tokens....

And because he is your leader, you can't use Tyrants Command either.

Potion of Grace however, That is certainly viable.

of course, you can not do another charge action, but an attack after charging in the next activation yes.

make a charge and then bring close enemy models sure that mollog can no longer attack is an excellent bait :)

Maybe, we should also examin the weakness of this warband (as much I'd love to play this band).

I think they will have it difficult against fast decks (skaven, reavers, ...). Soo, maybe, get in some cards that increase movement.

Also play against warbands that use object based strategy and that play defensively, can be hard for this warband (I think).

P

I'm thinking:

- Moving his buddies up into support positions to assist the Krumpin'

- Moving his buddies away from danger to avoid bleeding Glory

- Killing enemy support stuff with his buddies (they're not actually that bad against things like Grots or Skaven)

- Moving his buddies to deny Objectives and cards like Denial

19 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I'm thinking:

- Moving his buddies up into support positions to assist the Krumpin'

- Moving his buddies away from danger to avoid bleeding Glory

- Killing enemy support stuff with his buddies (they're not actually that bad against things like Grots or Skaven)

- Moving his buddies to deny Objectives and cards like Denial

If you have Potion of Grace and/or Seize the day then you can make an additional move action. Then an Attack action if you are in base contact or within 2 hexes of someone. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, Bandit-94 said:

Frozen in Time on Mollog can crush this warband for an entire phase.

Potentially, but I don't think it'll suddenly be seen unless Mollog's starts winning everything. It's a pretty dead card against many warbands, and is still a 50/50.

This is a warband I'm super excited to try. I don't think it's overall super strong enough to take first at a Grand Clash, but much like Gitz it seems extremely fun. I think they've really nailed flavor for a lot of the Nightvault warbands.

• Like 1

I wonder if Shardgale will be valuable with Mollog? Really the only fighter you'd be worried about would be Mollog, but 1 wound wouldn't be to bad, especially if you could wound multiple other enemy fighters. Your other fighters should be fine with the wounds. It would also help Mollog to get inspired. I have thoughts of swinging his club to damage multiple enemies and then playing shardgale killing all of them. Shardgale could also be used to suddenly inspire Mollog making him able to charge again (assuming he already has 2 wounds) when your opponent may not have been planning around a double charge. 

I love playing aggro warbands (mainly play Magore, Zarbag, Briar, all with aggro-type builds) so will be interesting going from a large model count to a warband with a small count and focus on one model (Mollog).

I'm excited to see how much gameplay will be shaken up with the new relic upgrade (+1 additional glory on kill) as my FLGS has been leaning heavily towards mob-type armies (skaven, briar) in the past couple months. 

Currently thinking of using cards like cursed artefact/soultrap or similar to increase survivability (1 defense on shields is kinda hard to keep alive with all the cleaves going around, also not many methods to buff shields defense (i.e. acrobatic for evasions)). Also looking more into push cards or instant movement cards as I'm pretty sure sudden growth/deadly fortitude will be must-haves for Mollog. Can't wait to see all the other card releases to come up with a new deck!

New player so may be completely off with this but I think Agressive Defence could be an interesting card to use on Mollog. It would only work on high health but you could use it for a nasty surprise where you let a 3 damage attack through, inspire, and then immediately attack back in your inspired state. It's kind of risky and may require some other cards to make sure he doesn't get one shot afterwards but I can see it being a fun option.

I got a bit burned out with Shadespire, but this guy... This guy got me back into Nightvaults!

So... This is the first warband ever where I have trouble keeping the number of upgrades down while the ploys easily landed at a good number.
The fact that you got one big main fighter changes everything.

I'm thinking definitely Cursed artifact (-1♥, +1Def)
But should I double up with Cursed Shield? (-2♥, +1Def)
3 shields defense is SCARY, but it does leave him at only 4 wounds. 5 if he gets Fortitude.

I'm also thinking such overlooked upgrades as Vampiric Weapon, Blessed Armor and Regeneration might actually be worthwhile on this guy?

Basically I'm thinking he is already a beast, and just a couple of upgrades will be dedicated to improving his fighting skills.
But if he goes down, it's game over man! So survivability all the way!

What do you guys think? 

6 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

I got a bit burned out with Shadespire, but this guy... This guy got me back into Nightvaults!

So... This is the first warband ever where I have trouble keeping the number of upgrades down while the ploys easily landed at a good number.
The fact that you got one big main fighter changes everything.

I'm thinking definitely Cursed artifact (-1♥, +1Def)
But should I double up with Cursed Shield? (-2♥, +1Def)
3 shields defense is SCARY, but it does leave him at only 4 wounds. 5 if he gets Fortitude.

I'm also thinking such overlooked upgrades as Vampiric Weapon, Blessed Armor and Regeneration might actually be worthwhile on this guy?

Basically I'm thinking he is already a beast, and just a couple of upgrades will be dedicated to improving his fighting skills.
But if he goes down, it's game over man! So survivability all the way!

What do you guys think? 

I would be cautious of giving him -wounds for any reason. Your opponent (assuming they have played and know the game) will be going after Mollog because they probably won't be able to just let him be and ignore him. Every upgrade that lowers his wounds characteristic makes it that much easier for him to be taken out. Cleave gets through all that extra defense. Those upgrades also don't help get him inspired.

it'd probably be better to take deathly fortitude or sudden growth. 

Vampiric weapon I was planning on taking. He'd just need to kill a couple fighters to make it worth it.

regeneration, idk it's a dead card if drawn in the first round and a dead card if you draw it third round. 

My thoughts were illusory fighter to bring him back to safety after taking some fighters out. Also soultrap/tethered spirit seems like a nobrainer in case he does get taken out. Healing potion also for getting wounds taken off. 

I almost don't want to waste a spot on inspiration strikes because I feel like he will be taking wounds and I don't really like dead cards late game 

I think the swing potential of an early game Inspiration Strikes is so powerful that it's worth 1 slot in the deck  It's like equipping yourself with +1 damage on the makeshift club, +1 dice on your whirling club, and the ability to Charge with a Charge token. It also combos with Inspiring Leader, which seems to be an easy score in this warband.

It's even more important to have Inspiration Strikes if you plan on running a lot of healing cards. There will also be times where you have 1-2 damage on you but are at risk of being killed (big swings + ploys/spells) or you just want to play the healing cards so you can cycle your hand at the end of a phase. Similar to the Chosen Axes, I just can't see how Mollog can win a game without getting inspired. Similar to Steelhearts Champions you are relying on your enemy to inspire your Mollog, so it seems like a no-brainer to put the control in your own hand instead of your opponent.

Actually Inpsiration strikes does sound tempting. A double charge right off the bat would be awesome!

also, Cursed Artifact does actually seem pretty decent with Mollog. Going up to 2 defense would be good especially on the mirror match. Also great against warbands with little access to cleave.