Tomb Kings question

Saikological

Hey all, i have a question. Ive seen Tomb Kings have their own digital booklet with warscrolls, but how can these be used? Can you include TK units in an Legions of Nagash horde? Lets say i want to use a unit of skellie archers? How does that work? Are they allies? And is this legal in tournaments?

Hope you can help.

They are not allies, you can use them in generic GA: Death Allegiance (not worthy IMO) and the legality is questional as TK don't have updated points in new GHB and even in their digital booklet. You could probably use them if your opponent will agree.  There's also unofficial  battletome made by @Mengel Miniatures and IIRC GW let people use it in one tournament, but it's not updated to AoS 2.0. You can find it here http://theendlessdeserts.blogspot.com/. Right now it is probably best to use TK units as their LoN equivalents (Tomb Guard as Grave Guard, Skeleton Warriors as.... Skeleton Warriors, Liche Priest as Necromancer etc.).

They're still in the app so still perfectly legal. Back in AoS 1 they were quite powerful but as I understand it were nerfed a bit. Their points will now never be updated either.

Basically you just play Grand Alliance: Death, basically just gives you a 6+ ignore save to your heroes and all units within 10" of them. There is also a selection of Command Traits and Artefacts but only a few are any "good".

You cannot combine them with Legions of Nagash in any way other than using any other Death units you like because of choosing the Grand Alliance.

They're actually one of the largest compendium armies though, with enough rules to see them through I'm sure. Only thing they are missing is the named characters, as they all just use generic Warscrolls instead as per below:

Unit Warscroll
Arkhan the Black on Foot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Liche Priest
Arkhan the Black on Skeletal Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . Tomb King on Exalted Chariot
Grand Hierophant Khatep. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Liche Priest
The Herald Nekaph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tomb Herald
High Queen Khalida. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tomb Queen
Prince Apophas. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Scarab Prince
Ramhotep the Visionary. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Necrotect
Settra the Imperishable. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tomb King on Exalted Chariot

Sweet, thanks for the quick replies. 

I am currently just looking for cool mini's and to make my future army more complete, i thought it would be sweet to add some archers, chariots and maybe skull catapults. But if they can never be used, that would be a bit of a bummer. Great to hear they actually might see the battlefield one day 😉

They can be used, and arguably unless you are playing hyper competitive, they'll do just fine. Looking at the Tomb Kings stuff now and it seems to have a lot of internal synergy. Plus the lack of gravesites is augmented by the fact all the units have built in regeneration anyway.

Archived