Greenskin start collecting gone

SaJeel

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

They don’t repackage resin models mainly because they probably slowly getting rid of non plastic model to begin with and that they are not retailable in stores so I highly doubt they would repackage the wyvern. They would have to redo the model first

You're right. I was mistakenly under the impression that the Warboss on Wyvern was plastic.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, novakai said:

I highly doubt they would repackage the wyvern. They would have to redo the model first

They have redone the model! the new warscroll name is Megaboss on Maw-krusha 😜 I think it was very kind of GW to keep greenskinz and gitmob as allies in the gloomspite book. This allows people to keep playing with the factions. Long term thou i think they are donezo. They will probably be over pointed in the next GH and then the one after that removed entirely. If you take a look back at the GW faction previews for AOS2 you'll note that there is no mention of gitmob or greenskinz. Grots are mentioned as a combined force of giants, trolls, spiders, and moonclan and we then got gloomspite.

So the US store is just down to the Wyvern and Boarboys. While there's a non-zero chance they may actually repackage everything with rounds, the Start Collecting going away doesn't seem to be a great harbinger of that(as it wouldn't need to be reboxed). But the leaked price list for the Start Collecting price hikes had the Greenskinz box still listed, which would be odd if it was discontinued(assuming the leak is legit).

Would it be considered cheesey or in bad form to play Greenskinz using Bonesplitterz rules? Obviously not every Greenskinz unit has a Bonseplitterz equivalent, but a lot of them do.

I've accumulated a rather large force of Greenskinz models as part of building up my 40k Orks, and while I would like to keep them more traditional Greenksinz in appearance the Bonesplitterz seem to have much more interesting rules.

3 hours ago, gedrekt said:

Would it be considered cheesey or in bad form to play Greenskinz using Bonesplitterz rules?

This is my issue with GW stopping selling units but still having pointed warscrolls. In a tournament setting (and following the LVO player pack) I would take issue with this as a proxy since that model has a warscroll and you are using it as a different warscroll. 

If GW were to stop providing a pointed warscroll, greenskinz would be in the realm of “count as” which would be more allowed (there is some confusion if the 32mm orruk is a ardboy or sav boy).

Count as, conversions, and proxies are always difficult. In a causal game I’d have no problem at all. You should always ask your opponent in a causal game and a TO in a tournament game.

If you take a look at the FAQs there are 2 that are relevant. 1) empowers players that it’s okay to take issue with proxies 2) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: players can do whatever they want in any game as long as both agree.

8 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

If you take a look back at the GW faction previews for AOS2 you'll note that there is no mention of gitmob or greenskinz. Grots are mentioned as a combined force of giants, trolls, spiders, and moonclan and we then got gloomspite.

I would agree with you except that on page 210 of the core rulebook they wrote as much about Greenskinz and Gitmob specifically as they wrote about Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Troggoths put together.  Granted it is still only about half a page, but they still spent the time putting the allegiances in the core book.

I don’t think they would have done that if they did not have some long-term plan for them.  That said, we may not see it happen for quite a while.

There is always a chance they will get reworked in the future.  In all odds they are being phased out to make room for the new night goblin sets.  Perhaps common orcs will come back the day they decide to make a gorkamorka model to contend with Nagash Alarielle and Morathi.  But who knows maybe it is rebasing and we are worried for not.  Only time will tell.  For now I’ll focus on what I have to paint as of now and let things happen as they will.  Those orc boys sure had a good run I would say perhaps longer than any other set they have produced aside from perhaps the Eldar Guardians.

Optimism says it's a rebasing and discontinuing of the old models (resins and ****** boar designs).

It would be a shame if they scrapped the Greenies completely, the Warboss on Wyvern os probably the best hero unit Destruction has, if you're running mixed w/Orruks.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:53 AM, Icegoat said:

Those freeguild do have models the helmet is almost the exact same as one of the demigryph knights. I'm looking at him now. It is strange how in the literature demigryph knights seem to be shown a lot more than anything else. 

Seems like Horses have mostly been replaced by demigryphs.

I bought the Greenskin start collecting set right at the beginning of the year. I got it from my local Games Workshop, so I don't know if it had been removed from the site before or after that. I do know that the manager had taken a bunch of Grot stuff off the shelves.

Anyway, I finally got around to opening it earlier today (been busy with a bunch of Ogors and a couple of Realmgates that I bought at the same time), and it already has round bases in it. So, hopefully, they're just going to change the Boars. I don't know. Fortunately, I bought the set purely because it looks fun to paint.

59 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

I bought the Greenskin start collecting set right at the beginning of the year. I got it from my local Games Workshop, so I don't know if it had been removed from the site before or after that. I do know that the manager had taken a bunch of Grot stuff off the shelves.

Anyway, I finally got around to opening it earlier today (been busy with a bunch of Ogors and a couple of Realmgates that I bought at the same time), and it already has round bases in it. So, hopefully, they're just going to change the Boars. I don't know. Fortunately, I bought the set purely because it looks fun to paint.

All start collecting box have and always have had round bases.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, gedrekt said:

Would it be considered cheesey or in bad form to play Greenskinz using Bonesplitterz rules? Obviously not every Greenskinz unit has a Bonseplitterz equivalent, but a lot of them do.

I've accumulated a rather large force of Greenskinz models as part of building up my 40k Orks, and while I would like to keep them more traditional Greenksinz in appearance the Bonesplitterz seem to have much more interesting rules.

For me personally, I have no problem people playing units that are effectively dead(either no rules, or rules are compendium only). So Dwarf miners as Dispossessed warriors or Tomb Guard as Egyption themed grave guard are fine, and you can actually do some decent proxying and conversion to get a Tomb Kings army to make it a believable Legions of Nagash army, but I'm less a fan of wholesale count as another army to get better rules when the models in question are "supported".  Though as we start getting a bit more complete with battletomes, it is getting a bit more trickier deciding what is effectively dead and what should still be considered playable. So now I'd probably soften my stance on Greenskinz as another Orruk faction(though I'd personally lean more towards Ironjawz than Greenskinz just based on how the models look, plus there's a lot more 1:1 conversions) or Gibmob as the Moonclan side of Gloomspit Gitz.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, bsharitt said:

All start collecting box have and always have had round bases.

Sorry, I am relatively new to this hobby. A couple of people in this thread, mentioned rebasing as a possible reason for the sets' withdrawal. I assume, then, that I have got the wrong end of the stick.

This week's Made To Order is a bunch of old Orcs and Goblins stuff - and the copy definitely references Greenskinz in the same sentence as Ironjaws, in terms of using the models in current armies. 

IDK why they'd be doing a run of old Greenskinz-style Orc models if there are plans to just trash the army soon, but GW has done some wonky stuff like that before.

4 hours ago, Furious said:

This week's Made To Order is a bunch of old Orcs and Goblins stuff - and the copy definitely references Greenskinz in the same sentence as Ironjaws, in terms of using the models in current armies. 

IDK why they'd be doing a run of old Greenskinz-style Orc models if there are plans to just trash the army soon, but GW has done some wonky stuff like that before.

This seems like a perfect opportunity to move the army with these new / old models to a ‘Warhammer Legends’ PDF, and maybe soften the blow to those who’ve (perhaps unwittingly) picked up the last of these kits.

yeah the Greenskinz store page is starting to thin out now, the unit are slowly disappearing

4 hours ago, Furious said:

the OOP are usually for collector and hobbyist who didn't get the model when they where still in production, hence that why they said for your Greenskinz Collection and stating that the rules for them where in Legends

Sad but expected. GW splitted the orcs into 2 factions:

-Bonesplitterz - light armored berzerkers
-Ironjaws - heavy armored warriors

Most probably they will get some new models for their ranges instead of the old Greenskinz (technicaly they are both "greenskins"). "Greenskins" were left with some old models, also the boar riders were also present in Bonesplitterz in new form. Only sad thing was that they released the start collecting set including them... not a nice move to make new players buy discontinued faction.

14 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

I haven't seen this set before:

2041856509_ScreenShot2019-01-23at13_28_40.png.16b28d7d66ab716351187bb6f44c1427.png

Until it is no longer available. How could I miss it...

It was called Greenskinz Army, but consosted of Start Collecting Greenskinz + 20 Moonclan and 3 fanatics

It was there for a long time, but it was one of their no saving bundles.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

Looks like the WHFB Orcs and Goblins army is getting the full Warhammer Legends treatment. Can't imagine that's a great sign for Gitmob of Greenskinz.

they did one for Beastmen and Dark elves but technically the models and army for those two are still here in AoS. So I don't think the O&G Warhammer legends entry  phases out Greenskinz and Gitmob just yet unless they lose their pitch battle profile in the next GHB. Granted the future is sort of bleak for those two army still

Im hoping that Gitmob evolves into something fresh with the spirit still there like the ironjawz did. 

Also like to see them play more on the hobgoblin (Insert new IP name here) aspect they've mentioned back in the day. Maybe not such a weedy git like Moonclan but more mercenary in nature and not such bad warriors by Grot standards. 😉

GW did a pretty great job of turning the orc boar up to 11 with the Gore Gruntas so imagine goblin wolves AoSified. 

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Im hoping that Gitmob evolves into something fresh with the spirit still there like the ironjawz did. 

Also like to see them play more on the hobgoblin (Insert new IP name here) aspect they've mentioned back in the day. Maybe not such a weedy git like Moonclan but more mercenary in nature and not such bad warriors by Grot standards. 😉

GW did a pretty great job of turning the orc boar up to 11 with the Gore Gruntas so imagine goblin wolves AoSified. 

I think the Grotbag Scuttlers are going to be the new faction that going to represent the artillery part that used to be in the Gitmob (specifically the doom diver). There so much hints about them coming.

my personal prediction for Gitmob (lorewise not army range) is that they ended up being phased into as the Gnobalar and be part of the Gutbuster army

Archived