Greenskin start collecting gone

SaJeel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, meet.the.doctor said:

Well, I am not at all into 40K but seems like there is some focus on Orks lately with Speed Freaks and new units (bikes or something). Usually when there are some cross system units like Chaos minis (Wrath and Rapture) they appear for both systems. Could be that they redesign the sculpt and release the whole Orruk, grots theme around some kind of mechanized units. Who doesn't love a pump wagon? Imagine those crazy machines with both races in AoS. Who cares about Grot sky pirates if it can be  a Whole Waaagh of scrap catapults, doom diver tanks and so on. Live the sky for stunties, shoot them down and give a proppa beatin'!

Besides Warhammer Orcs were inspiration for Warcraft ones so if I were in charge of that I would like to keep the kind of GW trademark of green orc in it's hooligan shape. This is something extraordinary ...and stays in 40K.

I've been wondering if they might re-design AoS Greenskinz Orruks and 40k Ork Boyz at the same time. Having the two kits be interchangeable between WHFB and 40k worked really well and was a great source of easy kitbashes and bits, which is important for horde armies that have a high level of individuality (unlike Tyranids, for example).

On the other hand there seem to be some differences in style between Ironjawz and other Orruks/Orks and it makes me wonder which way GW might go with things. The new Ironjawz Brutes look different to the old green gorilla proportions of other orks/orruks. I thought they might release the new 40k Orks with a look similar to the Brutes, but they look more like traditional GW orks to my eyes.  I'm probably overthinking this.

(I personally like the green gorilla look, and while I'm not against new sculpts I do hope they stick with that aesthetic.)

Yeah I'm not sure that they wil be reworking the 40K Boyz any time soon...the time to do that would have been the Codex drop a couple of months back?

I totally agree on the gorilla physiology though.  It's really distinctive. 

I have a couple of Boyz kits on sprue, I'm planning on magnetizing the arms for dual purpose Orks / Greenskinz.

There goes my plans for continuing my destruction army for a while.  I guess I’ll hqve to wait and see what new factions they come out with as I really don’t want to paint a bunch of black orca again.  I got 50 of the old metal ones when AoS dropped a few years ago and they had to go to get money for bills and I’m kinda loath to think about how I could have had so many but that’s the way of things I suppose. 

Maybe pirate grots could be interesting.

And so it ends. Interesting that it was done with little to no communication considering they had affirmed that nothing else was going to be squatted.

Hopefully we see a sizable range update for Ironjawz to compensate for the green hooligans! Plus, who knows... losing a faction might mean destruction gets a brand new one to compensate!

... Of course, after I get my Ogre updates. xD

did they actual say that nothing else was going to be squatted?  I hear that phrase a lot but I feel like GW never commits themselves like that.

the stranger thing in all this is that both Greenskinz and Gitmob got phased out without every going to Last chance to buy, I guess next GHB is going to tell us what going to happens to them

Perhaps the mentions of them in the fluff with be retconned to be bonesplitterz or something.  Perhaps they were just too weedy to compete with the iron jaws.  I believe the fluff mentioned that ironjaws don’t tolerate regular green skins because they are too weedy and the ardboyz are only there because they prove themselves with their discipline or somesuch.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

did they actual say that nothing else was going to be squatted?  I hear that phrase a lot but I feel like GW never commits themselves like that.

the stranger thing in all this is that both Greenskinz and Gitmob got phased out without every going to Last chance to buy, I guess next GHB is going to tell us what going to happens to them

I admit, I haven't seen that post either. Like you its just something I've heard word of mouth so much I quote it as fact haha. My understanding was that quote popped up, in some form or another, after the initial squatting during the AoS transition. Might be taken out of context, considering that was quite some time ago and it was a tumultuous, emotional time for Fantasy/AoS players.

The fact though that they never went last chance to buy, or had any direct announcement of their retirement, is really strange. Bit of a black mark on GW if it GHB doesn't shed any light on things at all lol.

I hope they at least keep the warboss on foot, boar and wyvern in some way.( Just wishful thinking) I like the models a lot and their command ability is too good to give up. And what about the rogue idol where does it go. These 3 Models really helped bonesplitterz and ironjawz out imo.

On Warhammer community they even pointed out how good the warboss is in second edition for all orruk armies and now this.

Archived