2019 Painting: Hopes and Dreams

Paul_Veyne

Hey Everyone!

I thought I would get the ball rolling on the painting threat as it's looking a little 🐻!

With the impending GW paint price hike, the Internet is in a fit of panicked rage to ensure that ALL grey plastic has been painted prior to this deadline. Don't you miss out!

This year will be the year of paint more than you can buy. I may have said that before but this year will be different .... hopefully.

I have a stack of stormcast to paint including the prime, vanguard stuff and soulwars. Looking forward to getting these all finished so I don't have to paint another one ever again.

I have the remaining malign potential spells to paint which proved good fun to paint last year and helped break up the monotony of yet another stormcast.

Depending on what happens if anything I may get some high aleves rebased and painted.

I have a few craftworld start collecting boxes I would love to get on the table to join the masses of smelly, miserable, 40k players who hate the game as much as they hate themselves.

I would love to get a kill team sorted as that seems like fun and have a box of BA tactical marines ready to roll. 

Saying all that, sat in front of me are two knight model from the Harry Potter range, Bellatrix and Wromtail. They are pretty cool, about the same height as a stormcast but considerably thinner and likely to break. 

I'm looking forward to getting cracking this year by dedicating a little time but often in the mornings before I get to work.

So that's my plans but more importantly what are you putting on the painting desk for 2019¿? (Pics if you have them)

My plans for 2019 are to try and work through so many of my unfinished projects in batches around 10 guys at a time.

I want to make progress on the following projects:

3 x Necromunda Gangs ( Orlock, Cawdor and Delaque)

A Free Guild Army (themed around the last army of the empire)

A Seraphon Army

2×Astra Militarum armies (one praetorian guard themed, one themed around Vigilus PDF)

1 x Genestealer Cults Army (The Brotherhood of Bob)

1 x Adeptus Mechanicus Army (metallica)

1 x Crimson Fist Army

1 x Thousand Sons Army

1 x Space Wolves Army

If I can make progress through this, I might find time to work on my Bolt Action and Black Powder armies.

I have attached a photo of the first batch of the 60th Viligant PDF.

IMG_20190113_221958.jpg

Hobby wise I've changed my mind almost as much as I've eaten junk food this year :D

White Dwarf diorama is currently the only active project I've got going.  That's very nearly complete too - all being well it'll be done by the end of this week, just a few bits and bobs.  Realistically I'm not going to be able to look at much new until early Feb (am away this weekend and need to clear up after the diorama and then it'll be the Heresy Weekender).

I'd like to do something fantasy based for Golden Demon this year (so second week of May), but I know time is tight and not sure it's sensible to go from one big project straight into another!  Almost tempted to just pick up a box of squigs for something completely different!

My big plan for the year is to focus on my Stormcast and Beasts of Chaos army. BoC probably won't be tournament ready until the second halve of the year.

I've got a thematic Necromunda campaign running in Radstock, which will be the 3rd project I'm looking at finishing (not sure if I will ever finish the terrain).

Im also hoping to finish a necron army this year as it is easy to paint as well as doing a bit frostgrave to help break up the slogs above. 

I've already got a million unfinished projects, but I'm really tempted to get CMON's ASOIAF as they look great miniatures and the game is suppose to be good.

• 1 month later...

Archived