Dwarven deitrus among troggoths

Icegoat

Both new troggoths kits contain ruins that are clearly duardin dispossessed in origin. Clearly old world lookin dwarven ruins are held by the rock guts and the dankhold. The dwarves of old I think are ready to reclaim there holds from the foul rats and the gitz. Probably this year even. 

59 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

It’s certainly Duardin, it’s not necessarily Dispossessed though could as easily be Fireslayer. Though I do think there’s a strong chance that newer dispossessed models will find their way into new factions. Irondrakes seem made for AoS 

If you look, one is clearly an Irondrake statue head, and another is even more clearly a long bead head.

18 minutes ago, eciu said:

Srsly check those pieces. They surely do not look like Fireslayers. 

They all follow the same gods so the statues may be of those rather than units. But like I said the later Dwarf releases seemed like they had AoS in mind so I wouldn’t’t be surprised seeing them in AoS faction updates  soon 

2 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

They all follow the same gods so the statues may be of those rather than units. But like I said the later Dwarf releases seemed like they had AoS in mind so I would be surprised seeing them in AoS factions soon 

No they don't. 

Fireslayers follow (dead) Grimnir. 

KO are kinda "deists" ( gods exists (obviously) but they don't give a ****** about us). 

Dispossesed follow Grungi. 

So no, they do not follow same gods. 

15 minutes ago, eciu said:

No they don't. 

Fireslayers follow (dead) Grimnir. 

KO are kinda "deists" ( gods exists (obviously) but they don't give a ****** about us). 

Dispossesed follow Grungi. 

So no, they do not follow same gods. 

Where does it say Dispoessed exclusively follow Grungi?  And I bet even though they are Grimnir obsessed the Fyreslayers still know that Grungi is a God   

Also the three (currently) Duardin factions come form the the same Ancestors and they only became distinct separate cultures following the coming of Chaos.  

Crikey those bits of stone my have even come from Age of Legends era Holds predating them all. 

32 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Crikey those bits of stone my have even come from Age of Legends era Holds predating them all. 

They could, yea.

Helm.jpg.8a32b6e69ae4295b6bc16be586eaaea3.jpg

That's an Helm, the statue represent a warrior, not a god. The classic Duardi iconography for gods do follow (more or less) those standards: GodsDwarf.png.2ac953bc37f025da1e65bc1cddda0e5c.png

14 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

They could, yea.

Helm.jpg.8a32b6e69ae4295b6bc16be586eaaea3.jpg

That's an Helm, the statue represent a warrior, not a god. The classic Duardi iconography for gods do follow (more or less) those standards: GodsDwarf.png.2ac953bc37f025da1e65bc1cddda0e5c.png

Nice ! 

They are probably going to have to be from the remains of the the pre Chaos of Chaos Duardin civilisations. 

The Dispossessed are the Duardin that made it to Azyr and Sigmar had purged that realm of nasties. So those ruins are from whatever was left behind from the Duardin civilisation that existed before the the split into KO, Fyreslayers and Dispossessed 

Of course they may be from somerhing they haven’t  mentioned yet that utilises some of the exiting models.  Which would match what we’ve seen so far from AoS 

Here are all the pieces for reference. The head held above the stone troll's head could be fyreslayer in origin, but I am still not convinced as there is not really a sign of a broken mohawk. The head on the squig is most definitely a Longbeard head. The banner looks similar to designs seen on Dispossessed banners. Finally, the head being used as a hammer looks similar to an Irondrake head, but with a much more bulbous cranium. 

1547244933831.png

19 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but wouldn’t a mega campaign, where the dwarfs (dispossesseds)  want there home back and follow a mighty warrior king (dwarf king) into the depths of the mountains in chamon, to fight the gobbos and undervermin, sound cool?🤔

Sound more than right.

Dwarfs have enough grudes from the Old World (ET and "some" characters dead), not to mention new ones. 

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but wouldn’t a mega campaign, where the dwarfs (dispossesseds)  want there home back and follow a mighty warrior king (dwarf king) into the depths of the mountains in chamon, to fight the gobbos and undervermin, sound cool?🤔

It might be nothing, but the Loonking's followers are mentioned as being from Chamon. The new Carrion Empire box set takes place in Chamon also. If there are anymore releases soon with Chamon mentioned, I would start taking notice. Same thing happened in 40k with the planet Vigilus. It kept appearing in releases and recently was reveled as a campaign. Mortal Realms are not as numerous as planets though so repeated references should be taken with a grain of salt since there are only twelve realms.

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes, it will be the war of the Eight-Mountains! Borogar leads his mighty throng to reclaim his birthright. We just need a new Skaven Lord to lead them. Blood red armor since he is the toughest and also a brave duelist amongst cowards. Let's call him Skreek...

44 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Yes, it will be the war of the Eight-Mountains! Borogar leads his mighty throng to reclaim his birthright. We just need a new Skaven Lord to lead them. Blood red armor since he is the toughest and also a brave duelist amongst cowards. Let's call him Skreek...

Dont forget knawdweel master of clan Dors and a part of the Council of 13.

We did once hear rumors of a Grungni model, did we not? It was before the Kharadron release, so could've been a false alarm (or a misinterpreted Brokk Grungsson model?) but considering the Dispossessed figure fairly prominently in a lot of the background and have some rather recent model kits with an aesthetic distinct from their older stuff (the Ironbreakers/Hammerers and their dual kits), I wouldn't be surprised.

26 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

We did once hear rumors of a Grungni model, did we not? It was before the Kharadron release, so could've been a false alarm (or a misinterpreted Brokk Grungsson model?) but considering the Dispossessed figure fairly prominently in a lot of the background and have some rather recent model kits with an aesthetic distinct from their older stuff (the Ironbreakers/Hammerers and their dual kits), I wouldn't be surprised.

If we could get some new Dwarf Rangers in the same style as their Total War models I would die. That would be my one wish out of a release.

Archived