Branchwraith summoning dryads spell

Ian R

Question

just Listened to Mortally Wounded podcast and they were saying that when dryads are summoned (into a Wyldwood etc) they cannot then be teleported to another Wyldwood in the same turn. Is this correct?  I know it says they cannot move, but why does a teleport count as a move?  Grateful for any comments.  Thanks!

2 answers to this question

On 1/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, Ian R said:

just Listened to Mortally Wounded podcast and they were saying that when dryads are summoned (into a Wyldwood etc) they cannot then be teleported to another Wyldwood in the same turn. Is this correct?  I know it says they cannot move, but why does a teleport count as a move?  Grateful for any comments.  Thanks!

A teleport is not a move, but in the sylvaneth designer's commentary they call navigate realmroots a move - kind of confusing, but to me this implies that you can't.

We're still waiting on an official FAQ to directly answer this question, though.

It says in the Battletome that navigating the realmroots/teleporting through woods is done 

instead of moving normally.

The FAQ states 

The summoned unit cannot move in the following movement phase

Since the unit cannot move, it stands to reason that it cannot take an action it would normally take instead of the prohibited action.

Archived