Turragor's Progress

Turragor

9 hours ago, Pigbones said:

Looking so good!

Ty!

5 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Mohawk is a great touch! 

What's the green stuff mould on the floor? 

One of those stamp things. I got it from kickstarter. A real small one (2x2 inches ish) to sample. It's served me well.

Basius they were called don't think there are any current kickstarters but you can order them somewhere else - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/984996675/basius-4-community

I'ma get more next time from different terrain types. They're pretty neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Like many I'm sure, I have a main army that was my 'first' army project. I add to it when new things come out or the mood takes me. Mine is stormcast and it's a pretty large force now. It means I'm relaxed about what I paint mostly - I've never got a deadline for a new army (just a deadline for units I might want to try out with SC perhaps).

This all means I usually have a new army per year. I've yet to find my 'second' army. I got beastclaw raiders last year - as those who checked the posts above out would know - and I think they are awesome models but they aren't in a great place play wise right now so my motivation to paint them is recreation only. They'll come back around but for now I'm setting them as project nr 3.

Basically, this new nurgle stuff has me excited and they are my army nr 2 for 2018!

Interestingly I've never liked the green and rot and dark (15 layers of agrax) paint approach. I like GWs bright green - especially the new GUO scheme - but again, green doesn't feel right.

So I'm going for Candy Nurgle, Rainbow Nurgle, predominantly PINK Nurgle. They're made of off chocolate, candy past its sell by date, died high fructose corn syrup boils and jelly and icing that you really shouldn't eat as its months old. They're here to rot your teeth in the name of nurgle!

That theme will be explored more as I go and start doing some converting. For now here's my rough colour test model:

5a4b72ba2d1de_2018-01-0211_52_59.jpg.8fe87173d0f1e263cc75a703bbfabc5b.jpg

5a4b72c51615d_2018-01-0211_53_08.jpg.5482a6a329ab17a564e4cc7aaecc98e5.jpg

... and I'm 90% happy with the choices but may tweak a few things. I'm thinking maybe baby blue innards instead of green... like I say, I think Green can be for the bounteous other nurgle armies out there!

We'll see how it goes... and what I can afford (I'll be doing a big hobby sale/clear out of stuff I got but will likely never build or paint).

• Like 7

Nice work on the Nurgle there @Turragor!

Always nice to see different colours. I still like the green myself, but I got a lot of people calling my Death Guard "too clean" when I didn't go for a drecnhed in agrax look myself. I try to apply the same idea to my AoS Nurgle as well, but I do actually like green so there's a fair bit of it in there :D 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DynamicCalories said:

Nice work on the Nurgle there @Turragor!

Always nice to see different colours. I still like the green myself, but I got a lot of people calling my Death Guard "too clean" when I didn't go for a drecnhed in agrax look myself. I try to apply the same idea to my AoS Nurgle as well, but I do actually like green so there's a fair bit of it in there :D 

Green can be clean! New motto for Nurgle maybe :P

Had to paint the 2 on the left for a 2k tournament on Saturday:

5a5fb3d7f07f1_2018-01-1622_58_30.jpg.0f3bbdc7aceaac81a5db9a54311d0487.jpg

I am also finishing some mournfang on the side:

5a5fb403b44a3_2018-01-1720_26_20.jpg.10dca8fdc222e37fdd11de286b11c178.jpg5a5fb40ae073c_2018-01-1720_26_25.jpg.eba93127917cb72eea758be5155046de.jpg

And once the other one is done I'm a bit ahead for the month but it should coincide with my NURGLE DELIVERY and it'll be all fun and games with the lovely bright candyrot coven

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Beautiful minis you have here, very very cool shadespire skellies, and that ogor conversion really id something. Moar please

Thanks! I might even paint that ogor butcher one day lol

Edited by Turragor
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Turragor! since I'm starting a BCR army now, just saw your amainzingly painted Ogors here, and would like to first congratulate you on the very nice paintjob (not only on the ogors, but everything), and also if you mind sharing the recipe for that pale ogor skin... I was planning on painting my ogors a light blue, but yours are stunning... 

Cheers and keep up the nice work!

AJ

• Thanks 1