Drycha Hamadreth's 'Colony of flitterfuries' Question

FireAbend

Question

Hi there,

based on a question i posted on reddit about Drycha Hamadreth's 'Colony of flitterfuries' ability.
(reddit link)

I've got an other question for her 'missile' ability:
The Main rules for missiles says that if an enemy unit is in range of 3“ you can only target them. Is this insignificant for this ability?

One answer there was:
"...it is a shooting attack as a special ability, it's always target the enemy within 3 inches and everyone else" (in range)

Your thougths? Is there a part in the rules specifying things like this?

I'm totaly new, so just want to hear some thoughts.

9 answers to this question

It effects all units in range. 

Colony of Flitterfuries: Ravenous Flitterfuries rove out from Drycha in great clouds that darken the sky. When she attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries, roll 10 dice for each unit within the range shown on the damage table. For each roll of a 6, that unit suffers a mortal wound.

This should be in the rules questions section

I posted this also on the reddit thread:

One thing that makes me suspicious is that in the Designer‘s Comments they stated that Drycha Must be in LoS for the colony.

Maybe they just want to say, if e.g. an unit is completly LoS blocked by terrain, it's not affected.

Colony of FlitterfuriesRavenous Flitterfuries rove out from Drycha in great clouds that darken the sky. When she attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries, roll 10 dice for each unit within the range shown on the damage table. For each roll of a 6, that unit suffers a mortal wound.

As the ability doesn't target a specific unit, just every unit within a certain area then that ruling isn't in effect. 

if you wanted to dig into the ability you could have an 'interesting' debate as to whether it should damage friendly units though.

1 minute ago, chord said:

So LOS will not have an impact. 

Line of Sight wasn't even the question (LOS as a topic is question is handled in the Sylvaneth FAQ).

I'm a little unsure myself, but at least the rule doesn't pick a unit. The point where I'm unsure is if "roll 10 dice for each unit within range" can be still reduced to 3" when in close combat.

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

if you wanted to dig into the ability you could have an 'interesting' debate as to whether it should damage friendly units though.

Not anymore since this was changed in the Sylvaneth Errata.

Page 133 – Drycha Hamadreth, Colony of Flitterfuries
Change the second sentence to:
‘When she attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries, roll
10 dice for each enemy unit within the range shown on
the damage table.’

@Chris Tomlin, @Gaz Taylor

Can someone of you move this thread into the Rules Question section.

3 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Line of Sight wasn't even the question (LOS as a topic is question is handled in the Sylvaneth FAQ).

I'm a little unsure myself, but at least the rule doesn't pick a unit. The point where I'm unsure is if "roll 10 dice for each unit within range" can be still reduced to 3" when in close combat.

Not anymore since this was changed in the Sylvaneth Errata.

@Chris Tomlin, @Gaz Taylor

Can someone of you move this thread into the Rules Question section.

done ;) 

So I guess I need some range Attacks for my Ironjawz to reduce the range of her ability. Or try to rush with things like ironfist battalion towards her and Hope she got bad luck with roling 6es.

I tried to cover behind terrain but you need giant staff to hide Ironjawz.

My plan to bring gore gruntas close 3“ to block the missile ability  wouldn’t work in her case. :/

8 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

So I guess I need some range Attacks for my Ironjawz to reduce the range of her ability. Or try to rush with things like ironfist battalion towards her and Hope she got bad luck with roling 6es.

I tried to cover behind terrain but you need giant staff to hide Ironjawz.

My plan to bring gore gruntas close 3“ to block the missile ability  wouldn’t work in her case. :/

I always thought Ironjawz should have units that throw rocks or something cool.  

Archived