Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El Syf

Death Wishlisting

So we will probably be waiting a very long time for any more releases but there’s no harm in thinking about what we’d like...

Morghasts: another type with a shooting attack ala kurnoth hunters, a giant hero morghast in case you don’t want named character general in a deathlord lists. As a side note I really feel a lot more could be done with morghasts.

Some dedicated ranged units in general, skeleton archers coming back would be great personally as I’ve got about 50 of them :(

New zombies!? I hate zombies and never field them myself but the kit they have dates back to 6th ed wfb if not older? 

Flesh eater courts may be getting some attention this year as the new model is a abhorrent archregent not ghoul king. 

Soulblight tome with plastic blood knights and new vampiric units. 

For the lolz: Abhorash!

Not quite sure if reasonable shooting won’t be too much... think about 6 kurnoth hiding behind 40 skellis.

but if deathwalkers becomes a thing again, the good old Skull catapult or some other mad necromancer machine might come up. 

And of course the state of Soulblight is pretty sad indeed. Especially with only one battleline that costs a kidney...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Syf said:

Some dedicated ranged units in general, skeleton archers coming back would be great personally as I’ve got about 50 of them :(

Would absolutely love to see skeleton archers make a comeback. 

I'll add to this a decent mounted wight king. The one they have is woeful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Would absolutely love to see skeleton archers make a comeback. 

I'll add to this a decent mounted wight king. The one they have is woeful. 

I honestly thought they’d discontinued the mounted eight king model, you’re right that along with the bats are probably the most dated models in the range. 

• Like 1

I hope the whole FEC summoning ability will be new. I my eyes the Courtiers are just good to sit back and summon back your units. no buffs, no aura or something. Fighting in Melee isn't that good, because you won't let them die.

Courtiers should fight in the front and give other boni, just like giving Rend to horrors or buffing flayer screams with additional -bravery. 

Maybe soe new Command abilities. Not just the o current one, you can use only one time in the whole game.

Last week i thought about a Cairn Wraith on a ghost dragon. Nighthaunt just got one big model (black Coach) and a couple of small heroes. Ghost Dragon could be the Zombiedragon with ethereal, no selfhealing and fraightful touch.

Soulblight faction:

An elite Death faction (I'm so sick of the "Death must be a horde" mentality). 

New plastic blood-knights. 

Expanded bloodlines as sub-factions

Not aligned with Nagash, nor against him but rather doing their own thing. 

Vampire infantry

New Fell-bat and Bat swarm kits

Vargheists as battleline

Some form of Vampire Thralls unit - humans in the service of vampires

Vampire Regent hero, an extremely killy hero as a nice callback to blender vampire lords of 8th.

Abhorash, Vlad and Isabella as 3 named hero units

This would make my favourite faction easily. I really liked Vampire Counts in 8th and the Soulblight faction in LoN doesn't do them justice I feel. Vampires were always the highlight of Undead for me and I think currently they're a bit all over the place, with some of their iconic units like the Black Coach and Varghulf traded off to other factions. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'd also vote for Skeleton Archers (or alternatively take a note from Warcraft and have 'mages')!

And again I'd echo soulblight, they don't need a lot, but here are some ideas;

- Infantry unit of thralls that start very weak but get faster, stronger and more resilient as blood is spilled near them

- Leave Big bats to die (vargheists exist), swarms would be unique however to get new models.

- Hero archetype for each bloodline that determines the armies rules. Coven throne would be Lahmian, VLoZD would be Blood Dragons, new foot/mounted vamps could be Von Carstein/ Lords of Night (maybe bat rider), more wizardy one for necro and strigoi is kinda covered by FEC now but a super Vargheist would be baller.

- Terrain piece that maybe heals vampires through blood sacrifice/ revives certain heroes. Perhaps a giant sarcophagus!

- Vampire endless spells... Yes please. Bats. Fangs. Beguiling visions.

OH and no Mortarchs in the list. They have their legions but soulblight can represent other vampires of prominence not directly under their control.

Edited by Charlo

Krell, the Mortarch of Despair,  mounted on a new huge skeletal creature with a proper warscroll for an AoS Mortarch.    /or

A Wight King rider addon for the plastic Zombie Dragon, could be made by forgeworld perhaps, though i would love to see GW selling upgrade/conversion sprues again. 

More skeletal constructs with the "Reanimant" keyword following the theme of Morghasts, along with a hero that would unlock them as battleline besides Nagash.

A huge "final form boss" hero for Flesh-eater Courts, perhaps something that looks like a combination of a Varghulf and the new Abhorrent Archregent from Carrion Empire. This could be a plastic kit with multiple options to create either a monstrosity for a Ghoul hero, a Vampire hero or a new Varghulf model similar to how the current box for Crypt Horrors, Flayers and Vargheists works.

Vampires

Bring back tomb kings.

Also expand death rattle. I want to see them work like an actual army.

• Like 1

Pie in the sky wishlisting?  A variety of death battletomes & model ranges including:

Nighthaunt book/range - I'm pretty happy w/ this as it is

Updated FEC book w/ proper allegiance rules, plastic varghulf, maybe some new stuff, possibly named heroes?  This actually looks rather likely this year.

Soulblight book including expanded bloodline rules, new plastic vat, vamp, and blood knight models, new mortal shyish blood donor/cultist type units to fill out numbers and give us an in game taste of living shyish culture.  Maybe even some halflings (both mortal and vampyric) as a nod to the halflings survivors in sylvania when the end times hit.

Deathrattle book incorporating ideas from the old tomb kings army, in particular the return of skeletal archers, chariots, catapults, bone giants, & lich spellcasters, all w/ new models.  This faction led by Khalida as Mortarch of Dust, revived by Nagash to lead his skeletal legions since arkhan is busy w more important secret missions, neferata has been acting up  since the resurgent vampire activity that came w the hypothetical previous soulblight book, so nagash decides to bring back a rival to distract her/keep her in line.

Deathwalker/mages book as combined faction with zombies (w/ new models), dire wolves, necromancers, corpse carts, mortis engines (as a spellcasting hero), unridden zombie dragons and terrorgheists, plus a new range of chimeric, frankensteinish, stitched-together, experimental necromantic monstrosities (monstrous infantry, monsters, etc) to help bridge the conceptual gap between zombies and necromancers.  Maybe a return/reimagining of of the tomb kings' casket of souls.  Narratively whatever rituals arkhan had been busy with would come up here.

Deathlords book, this coming after all the others listed above, and replacing the current legions of nagash book.  Includes a stand alone hyper-elite deathlords army - nagash, mortarchs, morghasts, including new morghast hero and a small range of maybe wingless, slightly shorter but still distinctly on the 'monstrous infantry' size category morghasts (maybe two dual kits, one 5-10 model infantry box and one 2-3 model cavalry box), with the heavy implication that these new morghasts are made from stolen stormcast souls.  This book would also include a range of legion allegiance rulesets replacing the current legions, which would function as alternatives to the generic death allegiance rules, allowing for mixing of any death units from any of the other books in the mortarchs personal warhosts.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:50 AM, Sception said:

Deathwalker/mages book as combined faction with zombies (w/ new models), dire wolves, necromancers, corpse carts, mortis engines (as a spellcasting hero), unridden zombie dragons and terrorgheists, plus a new range of chimeric, frankensteinish, stitched-together, experimental necromantic monstrosities (monstrous infantry, monsters, etc) to help bridge the conceptual gap between zombies and necromancers.  Maybe a return/reimagining of of the tomb kings' casket of souls.  Narratively whatever rituals arkhan had been busy with would come up here.

This would be fantastic!