Is not enough

Hope ur story Will be heard
So that People be prepared
For the devil with the mask
Coming here to do his task 

-Popular doggerel of the coast of Ismunn- 

I was there.....
I felt the burning pain.
I witnessed the brightness of the light of the thrice cursed warlock twin.
So pure in his facade, so rotten in his intents, not in search of solace or freedom for the soul of his race but just in search of puppets to recreate his lost world in a foul mimicry of an age that will never return.... just ailment to his crippled soul.  

- The Lord of Masque, Baron of the Ravaged,  

IMG-20190110-161433.jpg

Edited by Arael
  • Like 1

Out of topic 😁 : a little blog about my Deepkin army with a little dark vibe,  starting with the Tidecaster.

The inspiration for the style  come from @KnaveOfScribes and his great topic about Mother Aldwinter, consider this a little "tribute" :P

I'm not a native English speaker, so forgive me some error 

Hope u could enjoy this topic 

hr-giger-alienderelictcockpit-550x401.jp

The city is a panorama of vast angles and stone surfaces too great to belong to anything right and proper for this earth, and impious with horrible images and disturbing hieroglyphs.  The geometry of this place is abnormal and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours." 

-Ghyrion Farstrider, elven ambassador-  

Listen rookie, it's no fairy tale, they come with the mist!  Monsters alien beyond your comprension , they are just a random mess of limbs mouths and tentacles, the old Gary saw them long ago...
They don't come for war, they are like farmer coming for the crop.
You say the old Gary is a foul?  He was not before that night...  

- Mordekai, patrol sergeant -  

Mouths and limbs and Teeth... They are not the worst part... but the masks... Those horrible cursed mask...and the creature behind them
How can a creature be so utterly  totally void?
So abominable to the very essence inside each living thing?
Please... make me forget damned demon.. HEAR ME! YOU WRETCHED BEAST!  

- the Old Gary - 

IMG-20190110-154735.jpg

IMG-20190112-124740.jpg

Here we have the so called Lord of Masque, Tidecaster General of the army :D , it's still wip but the general appearance have been outlined. 

Comments and critics are welcome, hope you could enjoy :)

Edited by Arael
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Morghot said:

Cool intro!! And cool model too, very characteristic and far from deepkin stardard look.

Love the big shoulder! What model did you use as base? i don't recognize him

I'm happy that u liked it :D

The base miniature is zaal ancestral advocate from Skorne privateer Press, the masked head is the helm from a shadow Warrior with the point cutted off and hair resculpted in green stuff. 

The pauldrons are two left pauldrons of the eidolon, and the masks on the belt are half helm pieces from Morrsarr kit. 

And yes I love big pauldrons too :D:D:D

• Thanks 1

IMG-20190114-100104.png

They were bulbous tentacle-like appendages, coming out from every corner of that damned mist.
Each one of them had a teeth or a claw at their end, I cannot really understand their anatomy... They keep on lashing and grabbing and tearing but not at our flesh... I could swear they were aiming at our very soul...  

- Markus Oberyn, gunner of the Roaring Lion great cannon-  

IMG-20190112-173144.jpg

Edited by Arael

dcaa40c5693975d1863ee7671aebbd67-700.jpg You pity them?  What a simplicistic consideration.... I hate them... They are to me a constant reminder of our imperfection, of our failure as a race, still they don't have to bear this burden, their parasitic life is just a spark in the ocean of time,barely sufficient to learn how to wield a sword... but I...  I have an eternity to let this cancer bite at my pride.... " 

- The Lord of Masque 

Here we have the first step in the painting of my 30 namarti :D

The flash alter a bit the color, that is darker, in the last photo with just one trhall I have done it with natural day light and is nearer to the real effect. 

Hope u enjoy

IMG-20190117-173405.jpg

IMG-20190117-174245.jpgIMG-20190115-205011.png

A quick update of the trhall,done the base of the loincloth with Kantor blu and the lower armor with leadbelcher + druchi violet. 

The color are dark and difficult to show with artificial light, tomorrow I will try with daylight 

IMG-20190121-233555.jpg
IMG-20190122-003739.jpg
IMG-20190122-004106.jpg

• 4 months later...

378_eggsiloexterior.png.7179f980ebeba7b4be8b362a55b21e05.png

I cannot think of the deep sea without shuddering at the nameless things that may at this very moment be crawling and floundering on its slimy bed, worshipping their ancient stone idols and carving their own detestable likenesses on submarine obelisks of water-soaked granite. I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

-suicide note of Edward North, captain of the "Singing Beth" 

IMG_20190529_204930.jpg.e7498c8c1304a925bd6467a6caaaf3f1.jpgIMG_20190529_203444.jpg.c774d79fa2d583fc342b48ff8b48dd0c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

jodorowskys_dune_images19_1020_verge_super_wide.1399971004.jpg.8f6e25fbb3f52546caf8660d9ba06485.jpg

He was sunk beneath seas of silence, and his name, which would once have caught his notice above the howling of a storm, had become an empty sound.

-Emissary of the Ionrach enclave on the Lord of Masque-

PhotoRoom-20211119_225808~2.png

Taken some times to start again this idoneth army project , finished the miniature of the lord of Masque, now i'm doing his base , hope you could like!

Edited by Arael
  • Like 3