How do Blades of Khorne deal with Hordes?

Damian

Having major trouble fighting my friends horde armies (mainly Skeleton and Dryad)?

Other armies have Horde-busting magic spells but seems Blades have next to nothing except throwing weaker (and arguably more expensive) hordes at them.

Any Horde-busting tactics/units i'm missing?  

7 minutes ago, Damian said:

Having major trouble fighting my friends horde armies (mainly Skeleton and Dryad)?

Other armies have Horde-busting magic spells but seems Blades have next to nothing except throwing weaker (and arguably more expensive) hordes at them.

Any Horde-busting tactics/units i'm missing?  

If they're taking loads of MSUs, Brass Skull Meteor can deal a lot of MWs, all be it spread out over many units. It's a good way to weaken a bunch of closed in units. Slaughterpriests are pretty good at handling them too with blood boil, and the one special character with the Kratos chain hammers that can revive himself gets bonus attacks when a bunch of models are around him. Skull Reapers are also incredibly good at dealing with hordes, since they can reach their bonuses very quickly when mulching chaff.

Personally, I'd approach hordes by bringing masses of Bloodreavers buffed with Gore Pilgrims battalion. +1 attack and immune to battleshock makes your horde much harder hitting and 2-3 blood boils per turn can snipe out all those pesky heroes bringing skeletons back to life or the summoners of dryads.

The most important thing though when dealing with dryads and skeletons is taking out their support. The heroes are the problem. If you can bring down the heroes, the horde loses its ability to keep recycling. 

Add in the Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability and you can get even more weight of attacks to your advantage

Another option is a Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage. Give him Slaughterborn and Ghyrstrike. With the Aspiring Deathbringer and Bloodsecrator buff he is doing ~17 damage  plus another ~6 MWs to everything nearby. Less effective if your opponents are running big blobs but devastating if they opted for MSU. 

Skull reapers for sure, their lack of rend doesn't matter so much against mob trash and buffs can give them plenty of attacks. 

They really start to shine in a skull take battalion (add a juggerlord for additional nastiness) and with korgoraths. Throw in a bloodsecrator and aspiring deathbringer to get the khorgies up to 10 attacks each and they can wreck pretty much anything whilst healing each turn. 

Skarr Bloodwrath as mentioned above is good, attacking every model in 3" while resurrecting makes him a persistent threat to enemy hordes, and he's a bargain for 80pts.

I'd use either crushers or khorgis. The smaller footprint on them compared to our own hordes means we get less incoming attacks (meaning we take less damage and is more points efficient) plus using these models give us more damage out per square inch (meaning we pack more power in a smaller area compared to our hordes).

However, if you are looking to go for a quick kill, probably go with bloodletters (the mortal wounds are unaffected by the dryads minus to hit now) or reavers with axes for the rend (means the skeletons are just getting deathless minions). 

13 hours ago, Mincemeat said:

Skull reapers for sure, their lack of rend doesn't matter so much against mob trash and buffs can give them plenty of attacks. 

They really start to shine in a skull take battalion (add a juggerlord for additional nastiness) and with korgoraths. Throw in a bloodsecrator and aspiring deathbringer to get the khorgies up to 10 attacks each and they can wreck pretty much anything whilst healing each turn. 

Skarr Bloodwrath as mentioned above is good, attacking every model in 3" while resurrecting makes him a persistent threat to enemy hordes, and he's a bargain for 80pts.

15 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Personally, I'd approach hordes by bringing masses of Bloodreavers buffed with Gore Pilgrims battalion. +1 attack and immune to battleshock makes your horde much harder hitting and 2-3 blood boils per turn can snipe out all those pesky heroes bringing skeletons back to life or the summoners of dryads.

The most important thing though when dealing with dryads and skeletons is taking out their support. The heroes are the problem. If you can bring down the heroes, the horde loses its ability to keep recycling. 

Add in the Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability and you can get even more weight of attacks to your advantage

Another option is a Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage. Give him Slaughterborn and Ghyrstrike. With the Aspiring Deathbringer and Bloodsecrator buff he is doing ~17 damage  plus another ~6 MWs to everything nearby. Less effective if your opponents are running big blobs but devastating if they opted for MSU. 

Am I missing something? Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability only works on Mortal Khorne according to the app.

2 hours ago, Forrix said:

Am I missing something? Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability only works on Mortal Khorne according to the app.

I think the idea was using the aspiring deathbringers CA on reavers.  With that, the secrator within 12", and dark feast battalion they have 5 attacks each.

Archived