Skaven General conversion

For some time I've been planning a pestilens-themed army, and have wanted to convert a unique general for it.  My plan was to have an overweight rat being carried around on a palanquin or throne of sorts with a little bell attached to a string he is holding.  I've examined all sorts of sprues online to see what might work for a body and a palanquin, but nothing really seems like it would work.  I can do some basic sculpting, but sculpting the entire thing is beyond what I can properly do.  Can anybody think of ways I can make this happen? 

Hmm. I'd say go for it! Making and correcting errors is how you get better! The best part is that the most difficult part of this build, which is probably going to be the palanquin, is going to be dirt cheap, so if you're not happy, then just start over. I'd either go with balsa wood if it's available around you, or old leftover plastic sprues (Never throw sprues away unless you have a stockpile. Basing material, supports, stirring sticks, the uses never end). Cut or file the sprue square, glue them together with plastic sement, then cut of file them to the desired thickness. Score them some to imitate wood before filing them down some more. Skip all those steps if you can get balsa wood. Use the plague priest body from the screaming bell/plague furnace kit for the hero, cut away the cauldron, and attach the hand to the bell from the Putrid Blightknights kit. All the parts should be available on eBay. Skaven are perfect for these kinds of conversions, because no-ones expecting them to look straight, neat, or clean :) I used sprues and some left-over bits to make this unit filler for my plague monks last edition.

IMG_2137_zpsp1z3dzbb.jpg

Archived