GHB2019 Hopes & Expectations

PJetski

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, PJetski said:

I hope they update the Liberator warscroll to allow 2 in every 5 models to use a Grandhammer and/or Grandsword.

14 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

I'd be all for them letting all 5 models use the grandhammer and/or grandsword.  It would certainly make me use liberators.

Yeah...no. that jank is what makes sequitors busted.

They've already let the busted out of the barn.  Fact remains, a lot of models are never going to be used if you can't be optimal with them.  The only way liberators are optimal is if they can take more grandhammers/swords.  Otherwise their damage output is far too low to be anything other than a liability against other optimal opponents.

17 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

I'd be all for them letting all 5 models use the grandhammer and/or grandsword.  It would certainly make me use liberators.

Oh god!

well if it means my clanrats will be adjusted to 80/140p (for 20/40models) I wouldn’t mind.

Edit: not sure though if the rest thinks the same, so it may just be better if the new poster-things who’s name I don’t know and  don’t  care to look up , gets a bit of a point adjustement, (like adding another 20points to each unit)

And the liberators maybe going down 10points.

19 minutes ago, AdamR said:

But then you will get cries of  "ZOMG!!!one!!1 My Sequitors are useless/so underpowered/worthless/hyperbole of choice."

I'm sure some people would be upset, but the game is at a point where some things are highly efficient while most is not, and if they want to see more of their model line used then they just need to break everything and let everything do massive damage.  Using evocators as their base since those are pretty much some of the most point efficient models in the entire game right now.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, Dead Scribe said:

I'm sure some people would be upset, but the game is at a point where some things are highly efficient while most is not, and if they want to see more of their model line used then they just need to break everything and let everything do massive damage.  Using evocators as their base since those are pretty much some of the most point efficient models in the entire game right now.

If it's a question of point efficiency will doing this even make a difference? Even if everything does huge damage, wouldn't you just get people still taking the one that does the most damage/point.

I think the issue of liberators/sequitors isn't purely one of hitting power but one of battlefield role. Both do exactly the same job so it's easy to compare them decide which one you want on a point basis.

Instead I'd like liberators to gain the ability to reroll all saves and sequitors get nerfed to only reroll ones. Make liberators the tanky wall and sequitors the mid-ranged damage dealer and suddenly comparing them becomes a lot harder.

Archived