Who can ally?

Kharneth

If my Allegiance is Tzeentch and I'm using the Disciples of Tzeentch, who can I ally with? Alternatively, where can I find this information?

In the General's Handbook 2018 it has listed the allies for Tzeentch, but neither Beasts of Chaos nor Daemons of Chaos are on the list of allies. I'm wondering, can I take Furies or no? And, I'm sure I can ally with Beasts. Does the Beasts of Chaos book have alliance rules for armies that take allegiances from outside the book? 

44 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

If my Allegiance is Tzeentch and I'm using the Disciples of Tzeentch, who can I ally with? Alternatively, where can I find this information?

In the General's Handbook 2018 it has listed the allies for Tzeentch, but neither Beasts of Chaos nor Daemons of Chaos are on the list of allies. I'm wondering, can I take Furies or no? And, I'm sure I can ally with Beasts. Does the Beasts of Chaos book have alliance rules for armies that take allegiances from outside the book? 

For the record I am far from a Chaos army expert.

You can find ally information in either the respective Battletome under the points costs of models or in the latest GHB in the same area.

I looked at the Beasts of Chaos book and their only official ally is Slaves to Darkness. That being said, they do have a special Tzeentch warscroll battalion that gives the battalion the Tzeentch keyword. I am not sure if that means you can suddenly take different allies. My gut tells me no since you can take different battalions with different keywords, but its something to think about at least.

I hope that helps. 

So I found in the General's Handbook 208 errata that Beasts of Chaos were added to Tzeentch's ally list. It seems harpies/furies are being removed from the game since they're not in the Beasts new book and I do not have access to the Daemons of Chaos anymore either. 

I'm wondering where the Mutalith Vortex Beast's warscroll was updated to include the Tzeentch keyword because currently it seems to be only accessible as an ally meaning it won't get my allegiance abilities nor count as a Tzeentch Daemon. 

17 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I'm wondering where the Mutalith Vortex Beast's warscroll was updated to include the Tzeentch keyword because currently it seems to be only accessible as an ally meaning it won't get my allegiance abilities nor count as a Tzeentch Daemon. 

According to the official AoS app there are seperate Vortex Beast warscrolls, one for a "Monsters of Chaos" generic allegiance and a Vortex Beast of Tzeentch that has the Tzeentch keyword included. 

2 hours ago, CaptainSoup said:

According to the official AoS app there are seperate Vortex Beast warscrolls, one for a "Monsters of Chaos" generic allegiance and a Vortex Beast of Tzeentch that has the Tzeentch keyword included. 

Why I did I not use the app in the first place. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Kharneth said:

They don't seem to be updated with errata, or at least the Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars isn't worded with the errata change. 

Unsure what you are doing that is confusing.

Pick Tzeentch +Disciples of Tzeentch in scroll builder summoner plus familiars is a leader option.

AoS  app select Chaos + Tzeentch also listed as an option.

Unfortunately if you are talking about rules changes found in FAQ + errata. GW refuses to update their digital products for some reason, so you must reference one of the many extraneous supporting documents. Womp waaaa.

8 hours ago, newsun said:

Unfortunately if you are talking about rules changes found in FAQ + errata. GW refuses to update their digital products for some reason, so you must reference one of the many extraneous supporting documents. Womp waaaa.

This.

Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiar rules clearly state that the attacker chooses who is wounded between the summoner and familiars, but the errata changes it so that the owning player allocates their own damage.

I know it's really too bad as they now should have the ability with all this digital content.

I'm unsure why they release two supporting documents for every book instead of one per game system as well.

They certainly have made improvements in the last few years though have a long way to go.

Archived