AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

16 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I am confused why you would put the Dankholds in a unit of more than one, ever.  Unless you have plenty of CPs to dump preventing battleshock.  If I saw a unit of those guys I would do everything in my power to get them to run off.

I could be missing something though, and it would LOOK cool that's for sure.

You can at most have 3 unit a unit that is bravery 7.  Going to be pretty hard to shift them all via bravery.   Besides having a unit of 2 or 3 is more cp efficient for run moves or buffs via spells.  

14 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

You can at most have 3 unit a unit that is bravery 7.  Going to be pretty hard to shift them all via bravery.   Besides having a unit of 2 or 3 is more cp efficient for run moves or buffs via spells.  

What spells are you casting on them? Hand of Gork and Arcane Shield are the only real options.  If anything, you are making it more convenient for spells to be cast on them by your opponent (if they are trying that with the resist).

CP for run moves makes sense.  I guess I just worry about bravery bombs making you very unhappy when a 10 wound model flees.

5 hours ago, Caladancid said:

I am confused why you would put the Dankholds in a unit of more than one, ever.  Unless you have plenty of CPs to dump preventing battleshock.  If I saw a unit of those guys I would do everything in my power to get them to run off.

I could be missing something though, and it would LOOK cool that's for sure.

I wouldn't do it either, but they are bravery 6 + 1 for their own "reassuring presence" so really you'd need to lose 2 and roll a 6 for battle shock to make a third run away so it's not really a huge concern. (barring any bravery debuff). 

35 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

I wouldn't do it either, but they are bravery 6 + 1 for their own "reassuring presence" so really you'd need to lose 2 and roll a 6 for battle shock to make a third run away so it's not really a huge concern. (barring any bravery debuff). 

Hey just a question, their bravery ability is triggered per model, so can these abilities stack? So all 3 of them are giving the unit a total of 9 bravery or do these unique abilities not stack?

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

Oh and you can choose between the necklaces.

Actually putting the Cannon necklace on the "Troggboss" Neck piece is a major pain in the ass. Its not meant to go on there. The Dankhold troggoth neckpiece has grooves where the rope goes the other one does not. 

did some customisation for a jungle themed gitz army with main focus on troggoth that are supported by a cannibalistic grot tribe. it includes an 'arachnatrogg' and last but not least 'da trogg moon' :) already had my first 1.5k game, and they are much fun (even if not high competetive)

anyone else doing conversions for their army :)?

InShot_20190129_165656988.jpg

InShot_20190129_165605881.jpg

InShot_20190129_164941717.jpg

InShot_20190129_165233706.jpg

InShot_20190129_165812967.jpg

InShot_20190129_170025885.jpg

InShot_20190129_164720264.jpg

InShot_20190129_164817469.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 6

7 hours ago, Mayple said:

I think we should message gw about the app mistake regarding the Troggboss hit rate. It says 4+/3+, while it should be 3+/3+. It's been there long enough that they probably won't see it unless we point it out ;)

It was stealth changed a little while ago.

5 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

It was stealth changed a little while ago.

As in, fixed? The mistake was noted a while ago, yes.

Because both the download from GW's product page, and the battletome itself says 3+/3+, and an increase to 4+/3+ with an extra attack is always worse than one less attack at 3+/3+ (which would be a weird stealth change to make)

So the only outlier is the app itself, which, while accurate, is not without its flaws. 

Edit:

Bam! They fixed it. That's some efficient rules team (or whoever) right there :D Kudos! 

Edited by Mayple

Progress so far...

Final list will be...

Trogboss with Loonskin and Ethereal Amulet

3 Fungoid Cave Shamans (1 Hand of Gork, 2 Itchy Nuissance) 

9 Rockguts

2 Units of 6 Rockguts

1 Aleguzzler Gargant 

Endless Spells: Balewind Vortex, Mork’s Mighty Mushroom, and Scuttletide.

2k on the mark 

2776F575-5321-452B-9330-9D011A95174B.jpeg

C522BFB8-6A24-41D6-975F-9B0D4EAD2A96.jpeg

465187FC-F56B-4CA6-BA7F-D05B90328C2C.jpeg

563EE3B0-AB32-4798-8829-E8026759E404.jpeg

A7C2B63B-5EE8-4C2E-871D-0CA9A5AC7D0E.jpeg

CE5C11BB-6F16-4B51-BAE7-EC5A58D9636C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

Holy cow I am very very eager to start assembly of my Troggoth army!  And I think I will need to get a Loonshrine, even if they don't really need the anti-battleshock, it's just such a super nice kit, and looks HUGE.  

Anyone try out Fellwater Troggs yet?  I have 9 of them now.  Wondering if many small units is better than 1 bigger unit. 

Samequestion with Rockguts, is min-max best or is 6 nice to run together for super pulverizing somebody?  With 40mm bases it is more possible to get more on an enemy than with the 50mm of Fellwaters, but they can vomit on dudes from behind others.  Is it worth getting a unit of Dankholds or are Rockguts all around better per point because of the Feel No Pain save and boulder throwin'?

For the Troggboss I am thinking of putting a cape on him and calling it the Thermalrider Cloak.  Flying, and an extra 4" seems pretty good!  Glowy Howzit sounds okay but I know I'd roll a 1 the first round of using it.

Is it worth running Skragrot with Troggs to aid in casting and moon moving and withering enemies slowly with fungal infections via Da Moon Onna Stikk?  I have a Madcap Shaman for Nightshroud and a Fungoid Shaman so far.  FIgure a couple spells can help the Troggs be that much more resilient and mobile.  Overall seems like the Gloomspites have a bunch of ways to make it tough for the enemy to strike effectively.   That's one reason I like the Fellwaters for their -1 to hit in melee.