AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

3 hours ago, twrightii said:

I don’t believe this is correct. The rule states if you first roll to regenerate is successful then you get to double the regen, the hag just gets the regen, she does not roll for it. Until it is FAQ’ed otherwise I believe that is the way to play RAW.

Yeah, having done some research I agree with you now, mainly due to the fact that the Hag’s ability is called ‘Hag Regeneration’, not ‘Regeneration’ as named in the Allegiance Abilities. That said, I do think the use of ‘or’ in the wording doesn’t stipulate that a roll must take place (though obviously it does for the new ability). Doubt they’ll FAQ it but it’s safer to not play it. D6 is loads unless you’re me and keep rolling 1s!!

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Yeah, having done some research I agree with you now, mainly due to the fact that the Hag’s ability is called ‘Hag Regeneration’, not ‘Regeneration’ as named in the Allegiance Abilities. That said, I do think the use of ‘or’ in the wording doesn’t stipulate that a roll must take place (though obviously it does for the new ability). Doubt they’ll FAQ it but it’s safer to not play it. D6 is loads unless you’re me and keep rolling 1s!!

This is correct. The Hag does not double healing becouse the ability name is different to regular Troggoths. D6 is still way better than the regular Troggoth regeneration even when they are under the moon.

34 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Hmmm, the app can be unreliable sometimes. 

While we’re on about the boss, how are we gonna paint that bad mutha if we want to keep the pale skin. Spray white, purple(?) wash and dry brush it up with something like Pallid Wych?

I'm not a big fan of the white/pale Troggboss look myself, so I'll be looking to push him more towards the more traditional purple dankhold look with some personal touches, but I think you're spot on with Pallid Wych Flesh :)

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

Troggboss is at 4+/3+ in the app now.  Glitch, or sneaky nerf?

I just noticed that too, thankfully I have the book and will go by that until I see something official,  dont trust the app most of the times anyway. Also...why would the boss hit worse then an underling? Didnt make sense.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Batch said:

I just noticed that too, thankfully I have the book and will go by that until I see something official,  dont trust the app most of the times anyway. Also...why would the boss hit worse then an underling? Didnt make sense.

Yeah. Was thinking the same thing :) Fingers crossed that they just messed up. Gonna go by the battletome until they faq it if it was intentional.

Also interesting, but not Troggoth related, the loonboss on cave squig has a double damage ability on the app, but not in the book. That one, at least, seems intentional.

24 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Yeah. Was thinking the same thing :) Fingers crossed that they just messed up. Gonna go by the battletome until they faq it if it was intentional.

Also interesting, but not Troggoth related, the loonboss on cave squig has a double damage ability on the app, but not in the book. That one, at least, seems intentional.

Very confusing. I wonder what they are doing on the app. Why would they change stuff when the book hasn't been out even a week

Provided I will only play an army of Troggoths, without any Goblins - Troggoth Hag is our lonely Wizard, right?

So, there is now way to use spells of the Battletome?  Only her own spell, permanent spells and spells form the realm the army comes from, right? 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzwyr said:

Provided I will only play an army of Troggoths, without any Goblins - Troggoth Hag is our lonely Wizard, right?

So, there is now way to use spells of the Battletome?  Only her own spell, permanent spells and spells form the realm the army comes from, right? 

• Troggoth Hag 
  • Summon Arachnocauldron
  • Can cast spells from the Moonclan Lore

6 minutes ago, Fuzzwyr said:

If you don't bring any goblins, then the Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron is the only way to g-

@Malakree !

Edited by Mayple

10 hours ago, Mayple said:

Troggboss is at 4+/3+ in the app now.  Glitch, or sneaky nerf?

He has been that value since they put Gloomspite into the App.  I did not get the book until tuesday and previously I was looking in the app.  I was surprised when I noticed the difference in the book.

I sure hope the book value is correct (my guess is that it is) because otherwise he has roughly the same combat output as the standard Dankhold Troggoth.  He is quite a bit meaner when he hits on 3s.

7 hours ago, Mayple said:

That is an ability from his old warscroll.  Most of the various squigs had abilities that triggered on rolling a double to charge.  I think this ability is now gone and they simply did not update the files used for the app correctly.  

45 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I think there is a good conversion here with a Madcap shaman standing on her shoulder or something.

Eureka! This is a brilliant idea. Think I'll convert a troggoth to have a shaman on its shoulder and use that as the "Troggoth Hag." I despise the normal FW model, so this would be a great alternative.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Eureka! This is a brilliant idea. Think I'll convert a troggoth to have a shaman on its shoulder and use that as the "Troggoth Hag." I despise the normal FW model, so this would be a great alternative.

I was intending to convert a Dankhold into a Dankhold shaman myself, but that idea works.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Thanks, I have a lot of brilliant ideas.  But, I have a ton of really dumb ones as well.  So I guess that balances out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

It will still look weird on a 120mm base

5 hours ago, Fuzzwyr said:

I think its flavorful to include a Fungoid Sharman or two, keeps the whole mushroom theme going.

1 hour ago, Batch said:

I think its flavorful to include a Fungoid Sharman or two, keeps the whole mushroom theme going.

Yep, thought so, too, after reading Your comment. Thanks for the input.  And the Fungoid Shaman is the only little Greenling, wich look good in my eyes. 😏

• Like 1

If the Hag is on a 120mm base then I might convert one of my Mountain King models from Hordes into a massive Rockgut troll and then add one of my extra shaman models onto his shoulder.  And maybe add a bunch of strange mushrooms growing out of his back as well.

I like the Hag model and will pick one up, but I would like a huge troll from a non-fellwater type just for visual variety.  I also don’t like duplicate models and I can see fielding 2 Hags now that all-troll armies are a real thing.

I haven't really gotten into AoS before, but I've been looking at the Troggoths since this battletome was announced. 

The current list I was looking at putting together is: 
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
Mollog (170)
Madcap Shaman (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
1 x Dankhold Troggoths (220)

20 x Shootas (130)
20 x Stabbas (130)

Troggherd (180)

Malevolent Moon (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000

When I thought that the Troggoth Hag was 360 points my list came to exactly 2000 points,  but when Warscroll Builder was updated and I found out she was 380, I swapped her for 20 Stabbas, the endless spell,  and the two Shamans (they are a Madcap and a Fungoid so that at least one of them can take a useful artefact, which I think is worth the 10 wasted points?)

Does this list still feel Troggothy enough?

4 hours ago, SKUupin said:

I haven't really gotten into AoS before, but I've been looking at the Troggoths since this battletome was announced. 

The current list I was looking at putting together is: 
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
Mollog (170)
Madcap Shaman (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)
1 x Dankhold Troggoths (220)

20 x Shootas (130)
20 x Stabbas (130)

Troggherd (180)

Malevolent Moon (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000

When I thought that the Troggoth Hag was 360 points my list came to exactly 2000 points,  but when Warscroll Builder was updated and I found out she was 380, I swapped her for 20 Stabbas, the endless spell,  and the two Shamans (they are a Madcap and a Fungoid so that at least one of them can take a useful artefact, which I think is worth the 10 wasted points?)

Does this list still feel Troggothy enough?

Shootas are not worth anything. Pretty much a useless unit that deals like 2 wounds a turn if that. Would not recommend them