AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

58 minutes ago, Eevika said:

Whats peoples opinion on the Morks Mushroom spam strategy? Planning to use it in my troggherd list as a way to destroy the enemy horde units. So the plan is to 2 drop my army and choose to go second. I will Hand of Mork a Troggoth hag next to my enemy and then use her to cast Morks Mushroom to deal a ton of MW. Now morks mushroom triggers again immidiately at the beginning or the second battleround doing a second tick or MW to the enemy units. If I get a double turn as well I can use my madcap shaman to unbind morks mushroom just to immidiately cast it again for a third tick of the mortal wounds with out letting the enemy move his models once. Should pretty much destroy any horde unit in the game if all goes according to the plan.

I'm fairly certain that if you paid points for a spell, cast it and it is then removed from the table, it is spent. I may be wrong but that's how I recall it.

Just now, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

I'm fairly certain that if you paid points for a spell, cast it and it is then removed from the table, it is spent. I may be wrong but that's how I recall it.

Nope you can recast your endless spells if they are dispelled

6 hours ago, Eevika said:

Nope you can recast your endless spells if they are dispelled

You can in fact dispel your own endless spells. Then recast with a different wizard for better positioning. Works very well with multiple wizards using bomb spells ie, stormcast meteor, possibly mushroom of mork. 

Edited by Megaboss Gorstag
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Megaboss Gorstag said:

You can in fact dispel your own endless spells. Then recast with a different wizard for better positioning. Works very well with multiple wizards using bomb spells ie, stormcast meteor, possibly mushroom of mork. 

That Mushroom looks like so much hate for horde armies. 40 Skeles just being absolutely nuked. Really tempted to add Skragrott with the Shroom to my Ironjawz just for the lulz. Combine it with a webspinner shaman casting venomous spiderlings for truly horrific levels of hate.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

That Mushroom looks like so much hate for horde armies. 40 Skeles just being absolutely nuked. Really tempted to add Skragrott with the Shroom to my Ironjawz just for the lulz. Combine it with a webspinner shaman casting venomous spiderlings for truly horrific levels of hate.

Also don't forget hand of gork(?) as a reposition tool. Teleporting a combat 😁wizard (arachnorok, hag) to where ever the optimal spot or onto  the table quarter that is affected by  light of the Badmoon. Between potential from big wizards and shroom you could bust peoples lines wide open. Lots of "trick shot" possibilities. 

• Like 1

Ok, so I’ve moved my list on a bit, this is what I’m now thinking:

Troggboss 300 *Pulverising Grip / Mighty Blow (The Glowy Howzit)

Hag 380 (Gryph-Feather Charm)

Fungoid Shaman 90 -The Hand of Gork-

(Mollog 170 / Batallion 180)

Fellwater x6 320

Rockgut x3 160

Rockgut x3 160

Stabbas x60 360

50 Cauldron 

Gives me either 1990 or 2000 points. My Hag has arrived today, can’t wait to see what she can do at -2 to hit in combat regenerating D6 every turn. 

22 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Troggboss 300 *Pulverising Grip / Mighty Blow (The Glowy Howzit)

Honestly I don't like the Glowy Howzit. You're averaging 3 wounds a game saved via it. Go for either

• Pulverising Grip with Rage-blade (Reroll the Crushing Grip dice and +1 attack for it) 
  • Mighty Blow with Beastcaller's Bones

RageGrip gives 2 chances at an instikill on a model. Below are the odd's of getting kills against a 6 wound --> 3 wound.
graph.php?q=r:610:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:510:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:410:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:310:2:1:m300&s= As you can see it's horrific against Foot Heroes or High Wound Units (Blightkings!)

Mighty Beastcaller makes probably one of the best Big Hero hunting characters in the game. You have a 12 wound character with 4 3+/3+/-2/d6(rerolling) that has a 1/3rd chance to make Dragons, Bloodthirsters, ****** MORATHI spend a combat round soiling themselves instead of attacking. Please Mr Scarbrand, just stand there while I wail on your face!

So yeah, those are my two preferred setups in Ghur and why I would go for the battalion over Mollog.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Honestly I don't like the Glowy Howzit. You're averaging 3 wounds a game saved via it. Go for either

• Pulverising Grip with Rage-blade (Reroll the Crushing Grip dice and +1 attack for it) 
  •  Mighty Blow with Beastcaller's Bones

RageGrip gives 2 chances at an instikill on a model. Below are the odd's of getting kills against a 6 wound --> 3 wound.
graph.php?q=r:610:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:510:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:410:2:1:m300&s=graph.php?q=r:310:2:1:m300&s= As you can see it's horrific against Foot Heroes or High Wound Units (Blightkings!)

Mighty Beastcaller makes probably one of the best Big Hero hunting characters in the game. You have a 12 wound character with 4 3+/3+/-2/d6(rerolling) that has a 1/3rd chance to make Dragons, Bloodthirsters, ****** MORATHI spend a combat round soiling themselves instead of attacking. Please Mr Scarbrand, just stand there while I wail on your face!

So yeah, those are my two preferred setups in Ghur and why I would go for the battalion over Mollog.

Thats some really interesting math right there. I actually really like the idea of running the RageGrip so I can very easily break congo lines and make my enemy suffer by having to sacrifice his models

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

• Mighty Blow with Beastcaller's Bones

This is why I think improving his grip over his club is soooo important, especially with the popularity of Stormcast and Nurgle. 2 grips with a reroll has good chances to flat out remove whole Dracolines, or near guaranteed Sequitors where every save against the club will be felt. If up against a 1 wound infantry army I'd still take the 2 attacks as it's both guaranteed damage and unit leader sniping. I call it the 'Hands' build.

3 minutes ago, Blutsteigen said:

Two questions.

What is a Troggoth herd?

and will there be a non-Forge World hag model? Will some of you with these lists proxy?

Yeah there will not be a GW Troggoth hag for at least a few years. I already have almost everything for my army so no proxying

3 minutes ago, Blutsteigen said:

Two questions.

What is a Troggoth herd?

and will there be a non-Forge World hag model? Will some of you with these lists proxy?

seriously doubt they will make a plastic GW model that uses the same warscroll as a forgeworld model.  (unless GW model had a warscroll first... e.g. greater daemon of nurgle)  They don't want to ****** off people that own the forgeworld model, and they want to keep selling the forgeworld model

If there is ever a role that only a forgeworld model is really filling, im sure they will make a comparable model. Mangler Squig is pretty similar to Colossal squig, for example. 

1 minute ago, 5kaven5lave said:

It’s got to be the Forgeworld Hag all the way. Worth the cost in points and pounds just to paint those saggy mammas and put them on the table. 

I'm currently painting those saggy mammas and they are truly wonderful.

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Right on,  it is a pretty rad model.  I'm loving these list ideas.  a refreshing change from my Slaanesh.  Another question, since I have a moment and all of you are being so helpful -- can Troggoth lists still drop the terrain piece at the beginning of the match, or is that irrelevant to them?  I understand it can return units of Gitz goblins, so I am uncertain if we get one or not with a Troll General hero.

1 minute ago, Blutsteigen said:

Right on,  it is a pretty rad model.  I'm loving these list ideas.  a refreshing change from my Slaanesh.  Another question, since I have a moment and all of you are being so helpful -- can Troggoth lists still drop the terrain piece at the beginning of the match, or is that irrelevant to them?  I understand it can return units of Gitz goblins, so I am uncertain if we get one or not with a Troll General hero.

It's just a part of the Gloomspite Gitz allegiance so we do get it. It has a nice 12" bubble where you dont take battleshock tests

• Like 1