AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

The Marshcrallaw Sloggoth costs 150 points and can be allied into the army. His major ability is giving a +1 to hit with melee 18' aura, but is also a Troggoth.

The Breaka-Boss cost 180 points.

I've seen several discussions where people seem to think these are made for a Troggoth army.

17 hours ago, ShaneHobbes said:

Personally I'm waiting till the FAQ comes out for the book. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sloggoth aura is only supposed to work for Orruks or even Kruleboyz.

To be fair, he does not even have the Kruleboyz allegiance. He will definitly be updated - but I am pretty sure his wording is meant exactly like it is. They have been very clear on restrictions with most other models.

On 9/12/2021 at 12:21 AM, JanGret said:

The Marshcrallaw Sloggoth costs 150 points and can be allied into the army. His major ability is giving a +1 to hit with melee 18' aura, but is also a Troggoth.

The Breaka-Boss cost 180 points.

I've seen several discussions where people seem to think these are made for a Troggoth army.

Ok Marshcrawla is in the list too but it needs an adjustment.
Fixed it.

bd1oBtD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like I have to include both the new warscrolls with the Trogg Keyword.  I will replace Brekka-boss with a loonboss on the Mirebrute and maybe replace the grots on the Marshcrawla with moonclan grots if the new grots look too different but not sure on that yet.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs:
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Loonskin
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction                                                                                                                           

Brekka Boss On Mirebrute (180)

3 x Fellwater Troggoths (155)
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (310)
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)
- Reinforced x 1                                                                                                                                                                           

Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 330 / 400
Wounds: 138
Drops: 2

Edited by Tali182
formatting

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to change the rider to a grot and maybe replace the head. As for the Sloggoth i snipped off the weird spiky growths on it, as they make no sense to me. As for the spears I made, I just took some Stabbas' spears and cut the blade off at the wrap and glued it to the catcher-poles to make long pikes.

2 hours ago, Nadurebaile said:

Anybody know if the light of the bad moon effects allies if they have the proper keyword? Looks like our sloggoth and mire-brute might get super-regeneration?

Yes, I suppose. It Tzeent'chaon  can use Destiny Dice because he has the keywords to do use them, I suppose that Mirebrute and Sloggoth can get the super-regeneration too.

Edited by Beliman

44 minutes ago, Nadurebaile said:

Anybody know if the light of the bad moon effects allies if they have the proper keyword? Looks like our sloggoth and mire-brute might get super-regeneration?

They can. They meet the requirements, and the Bad Moon affects units differently than most allegiance abilities because it also directly affects enemy units under the same conditions.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...