AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

it depends right now, because FW is restructuring their inventory code so a lot of thing are showing as OOP but are still  in production.

So the Hag may not be going OOP yet but granted they have been clearing most AoS FW models

or course until they update the FW point sheet the Hag is still playable until next GHB

So, longtime lurker and trogg collector here, thinking of throwing together a thousand points for a “get to know the new edition in a casual yet brutal way” tournament. Mostly new players all new to this edition. Here’s what I came up with and I think it would be hilarious. 

Dankhold Troggboss

1. Tough as Rocks, General - Troggboss 
. Arcane Tome

Aleguzzler Gargant

3 Fellwater Troggoths, Reinforced

3 Rockgut Troggoths

Malevolent Moon

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron 

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Edited by El_Dicko
Chat text doesn’t work

5 hours ago, El_Dicko said:

So, longtime lurker and trogg collector here, thinking of throwing together a thousand points for a “get to know the new edition in a casual yet brutal way” tournament. Mostly new players all new to this edition. Here’s what I came up with and I think it would be hilarious. 

Dankhold Troggboss

1. Tough as Rocks, General - Troggboss 
. Arcane Tome

Aleguzzler Gargant

3 Fellwater Troggoths, Reinforced

3 Rockgut Troggoths

Malevolent Moon

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron 

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

You can only bring 1 endless spell per wizard, so take the Cauldron.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:11 AM, BrocknerTheBear said:

Please dont be true.....I'd finally decided on a list for 3.0 :(

Troggboss

Hag

Fungoid

Spider shaman (foot)

9 fellwater

6 rockgut

6 rockgut

Skuttletide

Arachnacouldron

What would you guys do if shes really gone? Upgrading the shaman to be an arachnarok is all I can really see.

yeah my list I am trying atm is using the arachnarok instead, the big base does help spread out sneaky distraction nicely while being a monster is useful for this years GHB

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El_Dicko said:

love the conversion good job! I have been trying a boss with the tome and Loonskin trait (for the guaranteed extra CP and +1 cast rom being under da badmoon) and if I stick with it I may have to try and steal your idea! 😄

• Like 1

Just now, BrocknerTheBear said:

@El_Dicko That's a great bit of posing work, the little book in his hand is hilarious. Please tell me when you paint it, it's just going to be toddler like scrawl across the pages haha

I‘m not sure my free hand at that size could be much else 😆 right now it just sits in the hand, I’d like to see if I can make the cover visible, my main goal will e that it appears he’s holding it upside down ! 

5 hours ago, Tali182 said:

love the conversion good job! I have been trying a boss with the tome and Loonskin trait (for the guaranteed extra CP and +1 cast rom being under da badmoon) and if I stick with it I may have to try and steal your idea! 😄

This is a good idea I’ve heard! I’m debating if it’s worth taking him with a couldron, thematically I love it tho. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:51 AM, Megaboss Gorstag said:

You can in fact dispel your own endless spells. Then recast with a different wizard for better positioning. Works very well with multiple wizards using bomb spells ie, stormcast meteor, possibly mushroom of mork. 

There is an important caveat though; one cannot recast an endless spell the same turn it is removed. So it needs to be dispelled at the start of the enemy turn in anticipation of recasting it on one's next turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Thinking of using a Troggoth based list for my gaming clubs upcoming Path to Glory campaign...

We're looking at starting forces of 1k. And I'm currently trying to brainstorm some lists.

How do Troggoths list do with holding objectives?

Currently thinking of the following

General - Dankhold Troggboss

Hero - Fungoid Cave Shaman

Battleline - Rockguts

Battleline - Rockguts

Battleline - Fellwaters

Which is 790 points.

How best to finish - 20 stabbas or a Dankhold?

Any endless spells that I can squeeze in?

Thanks in advance.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:44 AM, claret_jim said:

I would take the stabbas,  Troggs do struggle with objectives since at 4 wounds they do not count as 2.  Stick the shrine within 6 of an objective and load the 20 stabbas into it turn one!

Edited by Tali182
spelling

Finally got round to finishing my troggboss and realised I'd not shown it here. Forgive me oh dank ones!

Theres a unit of rockgut waiting to be photographed tomorrow and then onto the fellwaters! Really hope the pre orders for the 21st are the cruel boyz tome and easy build kits as I want the mirebrute for a hag conversion so bad!!)

IMG_20210730_162910_190.jpg

IMG_20210730_162910_200.jpg

IMG_20210730_162910_196.jpg

IMG_20210730_162910_150.jpg

Edited by BrocknerTheBear
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 6

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Mighty Blow
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310)
Kragnos, The End of Empires (695)

Battleline
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (145)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (275)

Total: 1965 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 90
Drops: 7

This list is smooth but lost all the 5matches, was played in the tournament:Age of Styles GT.
I'm new to GSG faction but -1 mangler and +6rockgut could be more effective keeping the position/objective. I want to test one myself when I finish mounting my minis.
Are you testing something similar?
Edited by baiardo

Played a small 3 game tournament on the weekend went 2-1 beating IDK and Fyrerslayers and losing to Lumineth using:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Dankhold Troggboss (250)*
- General
- Command Trait: Loonskin
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)**
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)**
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)**
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (310)*
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (155)*
20 x Stabbas (150)*
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
Malevolent Moon (80)
*Battle Regiment
**Command Entourage - Magnificent

Total: 1995 / 2000

I had a few observations from the day which may be useful:

I am finding the Spider to be very handy for a cheap monster/hero. Does not do a lot of damage but it gives a big -1 to hit bubble with sneaky distraction and is a 2 cast/1 deny at +1 (+2 for castling under the moon) Moving it around with the fellwaters gives them a nice -2 to hit to offset any +1 to hit units is great and with all out defense and mystic shield you can create a very tanky unit of fellwaters  or rockgutts (though of course only -1 to hit for them but with the 5+ wards)

I also found having the madcap with Mommet was also very important to reliably bring down key targets.  Using the mommet and all out attack command ability a unit of 6 rockgutts took down a fully healthy Leviadon in one swing.

I found the Moon has potential but the fact it does not MW units within "1 after it finishes it's move like most other predatory ES to really lower its output

The stabbas sitting in the shrine on an objective was also very good in the games the opponent could not get a monster to the shrine to destroy it

Overall I am really liking the list and feel 3.0 has added a lot to its viability just by providing all out attack and all out defense!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...