AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

Played another game against a different StoD list but still with Grunnock. Shifting Objectives. I lost 21-22, although my opponent did double turn me, win every Battle Round and kept the primary on the same objective twice, so I call it a win in my books XD

I returned the Hag and 3 Rockguts, which was important for retaking the center objective. My Rockguts gave Grunnock a good bonking, while my Hag killed off a unit of Knights with her giant spoon by herself in one attack.

I may consider splitting my 40 stabbas into 2 for better coverage.

Troggboss ate his Howsit first time, but did deal with the Marauders either way; all my luck this game went into a fat double 6 on damage.

I made the mistake of putting my Loonshrine too far to the left, which did have an impact on taking the right objective late game, as I could have taken it if it was closer.

Overall, despite the setbacks, the Troggs performed well, and again they feel a lot better to play than before. Also, I turned my nose up at the +1 to regen initially as a meh ability, but I rolled a lot of 3s to regen so...

(Just a note that the previous StoD list was technically illegal as the battalion was 1 unit short)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

What would you run at 1k?

Somerhing like this (but i find 1k lists hard to build and I usually play 2k):

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 68

Or remove the shamans and add 3 more rockguts and a cp. Or consider the new battalion for 140(i think) 

15 hours ago, Sauriv said:

Somerhing like this (but i find 1k lists hard to build and I usually play 2k):

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 68

Or remove the shamans and add 3 more rockguts and a cp. Or consider the new battalion for 140(i think) 

Do we not need units of 3 for objectives?

8 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

Do we not need units of 3 for objectives?

As @Dankboss said, mabe fellwater troggs can be a good option.

Rule of thumb for battleline troggs is units of 3 fellwater and units of 6 rockguts. 

I personally like fellwaters, I'm running 12 fellwaters in my 2k list (and the beautiful troggoth hag ❤️) , but rockguts are a popular choice. 

3 Fellwaters close to a troggboss has 6 in bravery so I often gamble with battleshock if some of them dies(if one dies one more will run on a roll of a 6).

But yeah, you and @Dankboss are probably right with adding units of 3s and fellwaters are good as MSU.

But i would include at least one cave-shaman for the cp-generation and hand of gork spell (teleport is such a great threat and utility tool) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dankboss said:

You may find Fellwaters performing better at 1000, due to less powerful units from the enemy. At smaller scale, the Fellwater's significantly high damage-point ratio becomes much more apparent.

So far all I have is a dankhold, 3 rockguts, and a fungoid.  I'm trying to price out a list that will take me to 1000.  Bummer that the felwater are better at this value, as their sculpts don't really do anything for me.

4 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

So far all I have is a dankhold, 3 rockguts, and a fungoid.  I'm trying to price out a list that will take me to 1000.  Bummer that the felwater are better at this value, as their sculpts don't really do anything for me.

They aren't inherently better, as in being superior, it's just they can perform in an environment that rockguts aren't so suited for; by that I mean Rockguts need to be in 6s+ to be effective, but at 1k that's pretty much overkill, and there's no sweet spot, which is where Fellwaters come in. I would go 6 Rockguts and 2 units of 3 Fellwaters. So it's not a matter of one being better than the other, but finding the balance appropriate to the points level, to avoid overkilling and wasting resources. Both will perform just fine, it's simply resource management.

38 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Scored a win in Knife to the Heart today vs StoD thanks to the battalion's retreat and charge. I sling shot 6 rockguts to the objective, so definitely don't sleep on the battalion's potential.

Would have had my first game with the new rules today had it not been for tier 4, but its good to hear that the sub-faction has mileage.  It's also nice to know that others are getting games in and thank you for sharing them with us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Would have had my first game with the new rules today had it not been for tier 4, but its good to hear that the sub-faction has mileage.  It's also nice to know that others are getting games in and thank you for sharing them with us.

I haven't played with my models in about a year, my go to solution is tabletop simulator on steam. 👍 Works fine, for the most part, and it's a huge upside to be able to test out things you don't own (yet 🤤 ) . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Fortunately I have a brother with StoD and Tempest's Eye, so I have a good army dynamic to test against. I was waiting months for him to get back from uni XD

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 3:05 AM, Dankboss said:

They aren't inherently better, as in being superior, it's just they can perform in an environment that rockguts aren't so suited for; by that I mean Rockguts need to be in 6s+ to be effective, but at 1k that's pretty much overkill, and there's no sweet spot, which is where Fellwaters come in. I would go 6 Rockguts and 2 units of 3 Fellwaters. So it's not a matter of one being better than the other, but finding the balance appropriate to the points level, to avoid overkilling and wasting resources. Both will perform just fine, it's simply resource management.

So with:

Trogboss

Fungoid

Rockgut x6

Fellwater x3

Fellwater x3

Maybe spend the last 80 on a madcap or squig herd?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all this is my first post here, and my first game experience with a non Chaos faction in 20 years of hobby, and what a joy it was. 

I had my first game with a Glogg's Megamob a few days ago against a FeC army and here is a quick recap and a few observations:

My list:

Dankhold Troggboss 

Troggoth Hag 

Fungoid

Madcap 

2x6 rockgut

3 rockgut

2x3 fellwater

scrapskuttle cauldron

Megamob battalion

My opponent: (I'm not very familiar with Fec so do not remeber all the names)

King on Terrorgheist

2x Archregents

ghoul courtier

40 ghoul

2x10 ghoul

3 horrors

+3x 3 flyer units to be summoned

King's ghouls battalion

Calice

We played Gifts from the Heavens ( at turn 2 two objectives fall randomly one on each side).  I had a 4 drop, my opponent 5 so I ended my deployment first and decided to go second.

TURN1:

Since objectives were not yet revealed and we were distant my friend played a quite defensive first turnbasically moved only his king on terrorgheist and the ghouls to screen off my main line of trolls and prepare for the falling goodies. My turned turned to be quite more interesting, cause my Fungoid shaman hidden behind the Loonshirne and over 30'' away from the enemy managed to cast Hand of Gork on the Troggoth Hag and teleported her on my opponents left flank 9 awat from his 3 horrors and 10 ghouls. Then the Hag spit on the horrors and basically erased the whole unit. During the charge phase I manged to get an 11'' charge with the Hag into the 10 ghoul unit and destroy them too, leaving the left flank of my opponent completely unprotected.

TURN2:

An unlucky roll from my opponent made so that the objective on his side fell directly onto the Hag so without doing anything I was controlling both objectives (since there were no enemy models on my side, my unit of 3 rockguts got the control of my objective. We rolled for initiative and my opponent got a 6 so it was his turn: oh boy, do those ghouls fight well.. So he charged with his King my unit of 3 fellwater I sent in support of the Hag on the left flank, and he sent his 40 ghouls into a unit of 6 rockgut and a Dankhold, he also managed to cast the Calice right next to his block of 40. He summoned also his 3 units of flyers 1 next to the Hagt and 2 behind my 3 rockguts holding my objective, and later charged, the unit next to the hag failed but the 2 behind my lines both managed to charge. During his combat phase he decided to go first with the ghouls and rolled something like 70+ attacks twice with his mob of 40 ghouls... I lost 4 rockgut and half of my wounds on the Boss, in exchange however the 3 fellwater fighting his king managed to push 10 wounds on his King, which was super lucky since basically by lowering his stats they guaranteed 1 of them survived although he piled in twice (such an annoying mechanic Once per phase is ok, but spamming CP for every combat is horrible, my friend rolled attacks for like 35min while I just rolled save roles and aftersave rolls). Then he chose to fight my rockguts defending my territory but the flyers with their 12 4+/3+ -1 D1 A are just rubbish managed to score 2 wounds on the troggoths that in exchange killed 2 of the flyers form the other unit facing them the remaining flyer didn't do anything but still he took control of the objective(this match up started 6 vs. 3 and yet it was already 4 vs.3). I got to fight with 2 rockgut who behaved ok vs. the ghouls, and managed to kill 9 of his ghouls, then the Boss swung his mace and exploded 10 more... All in all things went well, as a BoC player I was amazed to see how much punishement can take my troups without falling apart (the rockguts with the 5+ aftersave and the fellwater -1 to hit are massive boosts to their survivability). During my turn I tried to cast several spells but got dispelled except for the Madcap's Itchy Nuisance on the unit of Flyers (those that were still 3) facing my rearguard Rockguts.  I vomited with the Hag onto his King taking off 3 more wounds (he was down by 11 at this point) and then charged his flyers with the Hag, the other 3 fellwater went back to try and take back the objective in my territory and help their rockgut cusins and my other 6 strong rockgut unit marched forward getting ready to enter the fight where needed). During the combat phase my opponent managed to kill of the last fellwater fighting his King, the Hag kille 1 flyer only and crippled another by I rolled really bad, the ghouls killed the 2 remaining rockguts and wounded the Boss a few more times leaving him with only 2 wounds while I manged to kill just a single ghoul with a double poker of aces for hit rolls with the Boss... However the Hag was still at full health bogging down his army as a contant threat to his objective (she was outnumbered by now but still at full health and right next to the objective), and my rockguts managed to kill 2 more flyers, and with the help of the fellwater vomit erased the remaining ones, so my objective was secure once more. The score was: 4 - 2 for my opponent.

TURN 3:

Once again my opponent rolled the first turn so once more I had to face countless double piling in attacks, and some healing and casting, nothing especially important except for the spella that got his King on Terrorgheist back to 11 or 12W (I really regretted there my bad rolls with the Hag's vomit there from the previous turn). His King charged the Hag engaged with 2 flyers, his ghouls surrounded my Boss still holding on for the 3rd phase of combat against them, at that was basically it. During the combat phase I was saved by the Hag's -1 to hit and the Aetherquarz Hide allowing her to survive with 2 wounds left and in response kill one more flyer. My Boss kille 9 ghouls more before being killed by the remaining ones (around 18 or something, cause keeping track is impossible due to the resurrect  ability and the calice ability). In my turn the rockguts holding my objective and the fellwaters supporting them moved towards the middle to bog down the mob of ghouls the 6 rockgut unit still unsratched and unused moved toward the middle too, the Hag inflicted 8 more wound on the King and killed the last Flyer but was struck down by the king. the score was: 7 -5 for my opponent.

TURN 4:

For the 4th time my opponent went first casted healings, and some buffs moved his terrogheist to get a charge into my 6 rockguts,, with the support of his remaining 20+ ghouls, he rolled 11'' but fortunatelly for me, I positioned the fellwater in such a way that because of the terrain and the unit behind the Terrorgheist could not land with his massive base so he failed leave his ghouls at the mercy of the rockgut and decided not to charge with them too. This was the crucial moment. In my turn my sneaky Fungoid for the second time in the game cast the Hand of Gork, this time on the 6 strong unit of Rockgut and teleported them onto my opponents objective and this was basically the game winning move. The 3 fellwater firs vomited on the King then charged the king while the 2 rockguts stood in front of the ghouls to screen the fellwater and let them do their job. The Fellwater again proved worth their money, inflicted 6 wounds on the King he saved all bu 3, but those 6 wounds were enough to kill him.  At this point my opponent was left with 2 archeregents and 18 or so ghouls, while I had 2 rockgut, 3 fellwater and 6 more rockgut and both of my shamans still alive. As if it wasn't enough I managed to summon back 3 more rockguts from my unit of 6 I lost the round before to the ghouls... At this point the score was: 7 - 13 with both objectives in my hands and with my opponent unable to do anything to take it from me.

OBSERVATIONS:

I was very surpreised to see how resistent the troggoths are. They really can take a hit and give it back quite hard. Rockguts especially surprised me since heir stats resemble those of Bullgors but the 3+ to hit instead of 4+ and the huge Dankhold's aura for rerolling 1s really manages to push those few highly effective attacks and cause havoc. The Fellwater too are super versatile, with the armor piercing vomit and 12A on only 3 models and -1 to hit they can really bog down massive mobs of small hordes.  I didn't have the chance to test the battalion's ability to retreat and charge back mainly due to the fact that FeC either kill you by overkill of 100, or they die when you fight back, but it looks like a quite useful tool to have. 

I also think it is an army really fun to play against unlike the FeC that are just an awful experience in terms of gameplay even if the opponent is a super cool friend 8as it was in my case) beacuse so much rolling, so many cosecutive pile ins that sometimes you get the feeling you could go grab a sandwich and a drink, come back and still have time for a coffee and a cigarette.

This weekend I will be facing some OBR with a double catapult I think, and a Sons of Behemath list, so I'll let you know how it goes, but I just wanted to share with all of you the joy of playing this (unexpected) army!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:58 AM, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Did you consider dropping the extra command point and upgrading one of your dankholds to a second troggboss? You would lose the one drop but might get better coverage for command point use  and other abilities - edit never mind, the points wouldn’t work 🥴

Edited by Jmason
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, Jmason said:

Did you consider dropping the extra command point and upgrading one of your dankholds to a second troggboss? You would lose the one drop but might get better coverage for command point use  and other abilities - edit never mind, the points wouldn’t work 🥴

I´m thinking about using a Fungoid for the teleport, but trolls are not good for competitive playing so... just trolls!

Had two more games this weekend first with an OBR army and then with a Sons of Behemat force. I will not go into detail cause it would be very long but here are some insights.

My list was still:

Boss

Hag

Fungoid

Madcap

2x6 Rockgut

3x3 Fellwater

Cauldron

Megamob Battalion

GAME 1: OBR

Katakros

2x Boneshaper

Harvester

Crawler Catapult

2 x Harbingers

2x20 Mortek

10 Mortek

This game was against an experienced OBR player, thing that will prouve very important, since my opponent used really well all of his card. We played the Total Conquest Battleplan. I mights say that this game was far easier (not easy just easier) than what I thought: rend -2 and high damage output of the troggoths especially the rockgut actually managed to go trough OBR's wall of shields quite nicely. What I messed up was that I horribly underestimated how much they can ressurect while under the aura of both Katakros and the Boneshapers. I managed to take both big units of Mortek down to 1 and 4 models but then decided to commit my forces to other things instead of cleaning them forever so at the last turn my opponent ressurrected a congaline and managed to steel an objective from me ending the game 12-12 (we forgot to decied the secondary objectives so we called it a draw). I had some bad rolls, like loosing the Dankhold by missing 3 out of 3 save rolls from a catapult shot, taking 15W and then manging to swallow the Glowin' Howiz at my first roll...  Again the big blocks of rockguts proved to be essential as well as the hag, which is a point sink but a massive distraction for the opponent since it takes a huge commitment of forces to bring her down (she survived, killed 10 mortek and 2 Harbingers). I still have to get used using such a small force and get the proportion of how much a very small amount of attacks from the rockguts can decimate enemy units (in a single combat they were killing something like 12 Mortek .... an insane amount especially since I am used to BoC, so usually it is me removing bodies and counting how many more I can send and still keep the objective).

At the end I think OBR are actually a good matchup for troggoths: they tend to look for melee but are quite less effective as an indistructable wall when you can bring an army wide -2 rend and high damage attacks, and also they lack magic protection or powerful spells which gave me the upper hand to cast, the Hag's Curse (-1 to hit and -1 to armor save which is massive against the Mortek) and Itchy Nuissance.

GAME 2: SoB

Taker Tribe

Kraken-eater general

Warstomper

3 Gargants

3x single Gargant

Oh boy... we played Shifting Objectives. Since the very beginning I must admit I had no idea how to face this army: they do not hit hard as a Mawkrusha ut still they can take quite a lot of trolls down and I do not have a lot of them to throw away. besides that, the scenario was a really bad one for playing giants since only 3 objectives ment they'll have the numbers to fight for each one of them. At the end of turn 3 we wer 12 to 3 for my opponent, but eventually the Fellwater managed to bring down most fo the small gargants with the massive amount of their attacks, and the rockguts although I lost 5 of them in 1 unit and 3 in the other killed both of the Mega Gargants (with his general falling to the Hag's Vomit... best attack ever). At turn 5 the impossible happened since my opponent had a single mancrusher on the last objective, and he was leading 18 to 13... At that point I had Battlelines on the other two objectives so if I manged to kill the last gargant and grab the objective... But unfortunatelly I had no units available that could reach him so I had my Fungoid cast the Hand of Gork on the Hag and teleported her 9'' from the Gargant. Then in order to get a better chance of charging I had the Hag cast the couldron and placed it in front of her toward the gargant (the two models count as a single one for all purposes of the game, de facto reducing the range of the charge), then during the shooting face I vomited on him and the impossible happened: I hit with 4 attacks and managed to roll four 6 for the dameg roll, making it 12W killing him and leaving the Hag unable to charge and still not within the range of the objective... So my opponent won 17-18. However it was a super amusing game, with some really cool fights and things going on (HtH armies for me are still the best gaming experience withou negative gameplay) and although I lost because I was too gready still melting down a garagnt was a nice touch. 

As for the overall impression, fighting SoB is a mess for us, it would have been a lot easier in a different scenario, Shifting Objectives is one of those that is really suited for them and we don't have numerbers to push them away before they score a massive amount of points. However they actually do die, the Boss and 6 Rockgut killed 1 almost in a single turn, and the small ones are super squishy when hit with some high quality attacks (and that is basically the only thing Troggoths do)... I also got the feeling that Fellwater are best for dealing with the small ones, and even 3 Fellwater hitting first can actually bring 1 down on avarage, Rockguts are better for dealing with the big ones because of the 4+ save, but still they will be dealing 15-17W per turn on avarage.

Hope these reports are somehow useful or at least interesting. 

Next stop Cities of Sigmar

• Like 6

On 1/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I´m thinking about using a Fungoid for the teleport, but trolls are not good for competitive playing so... just trolls!

For sure! I’ll be running 2 Aleguzlers in my battalion, I wish the rules of the battalion applied to them as well but I still enjoy including them.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've now had a while to practice with Glogg's Megamob; so far I've had about 10 games, against either Tempest's Eye or StoD. The significant units I face regularly are Be'lakor, 40 Irondrakes, Gotrek, 40 Marauders and One-Eyed Grunnock. Iirc I've won 8/10 of those games (up from about  5-6/10), so I thought I'd revise my initial thoughts on the new allegiance abilities, based on my experience so far. It's a decent spread of playstyles and opposing units to get a grasp of how Glogg's performs. Bare in mind we play Semi-competitively to Competitively. Unfortunately, I can't play against other armies right now, but I am considering the shooting/ magic meta in my analysis.

Monstrous Regeneration: C
Initially I thought it was forgettable, but I actually roll a lot more successes because of it, and the healing does add up. Other than that, it's meh.

Oblivious to Sorcery: A/C depending on matchup

While I don't have many chances to use it, as my opponent is often magic light, this situational rule will be a godsend against magic armies, since we can't exactly compete with them in other ways, we might as well just ignore the magic. Best placed on your Rockgut bricks to stave off magic, or make them undesirable targets. Often a unit with a 4+ spell save is ignored in favor of easier targets. We also have the CP generation to liberally apply this ability.

Shepherd of Idiotic Destruction: B

I actually kinda prefer this over Loonskin, since I can still chase the moon to get the bonus CP and still generate more; often on turn 2 I can have 6 CP. Regardless of how you look at it, it's still part of Loonskin's effect, so not much of a tradeoff.

Aetherquartz Studded Hide: B

The best way to kill a Troggoth Hag is with Mortal Wounds. Good thing we got given a new artifact to give to the Hag to combat this. This combined with the ability to return her, makes her a valid pick again imo. It's also good as it lets you keep Glowy Howsit on your boss, so they both have a ward save.

Hidden Troggholes: A

Returning Troggoths lets me play far more aggressively, as I know statistically I will return at least one unit during the game, and if I'm not, it's more likely that I haven't lost any units yet. I've won a few games because of this rule, and it also increases the points efficiency of Troggoth units in general. I've started throwing units of 3 Fellwaters out early games on the deep flanks, or just teleporting them behind enemy lines as a distraction, as they're difficult to ignore. Returning the Hag survived the FAQ, which is good because she's a decent choice to return. I've done this twice now; once to stop a rampaging Mega Gargant, and another to stop a rampaging Gotrek; both times she succeeded in stopping them in time to win, as if she comes back chances are it'll be late game. Also, being able to return a Hero in general is just a win.

Stomping Megamob: A+

Imo, Stomping Megamob makes or breaks a Troggoth list, as it's just so good. A good portion of my wins have been because of retreat and charge, either onto an objective, or into a problem unit (like Irondrakes) that I couldn't reach before. This rule is especially deadly on the double turn, and if you get it, it really comes into its own to maximize that double potential. My army feels more fluid and maneuverable, as I can dodge tarpits and slingshot units to important fights etc. This forces your opponent to focus down individual units, as if they can't bog them down, they have to destroy them, and if they destroy them, they might come back. Overall, this is a game winning factor, and I reckon it gives Glogg's Megamob  a place in the fat middle of army tiers, up from rock bottom.

I've linked my standard army list. It can be played as either a 4 drop or a 5 drop, depending on how I run the grots. I do prefer 2 units of 20 myself. I was hoping to get the points to include Scrapskuttles again from the FAQ.

If piloted by a pro, I reckon Glogg's can potentially be a 3/2 army.

Glogg'sMegamob03.pdf

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Dankboss said:

So I've now had a while to practice with Glogg's Megamob; so far I've had about 10 games, against either Tempest's Eye or StoD. The significant units I face regularly are Be'lakor, 40 Irondrakes, Gotrek, 40 Marauders and One-Eyed Grunnock. Iirc I've won 8/10 of those games (up from about  5-6/10), so I thought I'd revise my initial thoughts on the new allegiance abilities, based on my experience so far. It's a decent spread of playstyles and opposing units to get a grasp of how Glogg's performs. Bare in mind we play Semi-competitively to Competitively. Unfortunately, I can't play against other armies right now, but I am considering the shooting/ magic meta in my analysis.

Monstrous Regeneration: C
Initially I thought it was forgettable, but I actually roll a lot more successes because of it, and the healing does add up. Other than that, it's meh.

Oblivious to Sorcery: A/C depending on matchup

While I don't have many chances to use it, as my opponent is often magic light, this situational rule will be a godsend against magic armies, since we can't exactly compete with them in other ways, we might as well just ignore the magic. Best placed on your Rockgut bricks to stave off magic, or make them undesirable targets. Often a unit with a 4+ spell save is ignored in favor of easier targets. We also have the CP generation to liberally apply this ability.

Shepherd of Idiotic Destruction: B

I actually kinda prefer this over Loonskin, since I can still chase the moon to get the bonus CP and still generate more; often on turn 2 I can have 6 CP. Regardless of how you look at it, it's still part of Loonskin's effect, so not much of a tradeoff.

Aetherquartz Studded Hide: B

The best way to kill a Troggoth Hag is with Mortal Wounds. Good thing we got given a new artifact to give to the Hag to combat this. This combined with the ability to return her, makes her a valid pick again imo. It's also good as it lets you keep Glowy Howsit on your boss, so they both have a ward save.

Hidden Troggholes: A

Returning Troggoths lets me play far more aggressively, as I know statistically I will return at least one unit during the game, and if I'm not, it's more likely that I haven't lost any units yet. I've won a few games because of this rule, and it also increases the points efficiency of Troggoth units in general. I've started throwing units of 3 Fellwaters out early games on the deep flanks, or just teleporting them behind enemy lines as a distraction, as they're difficult to ignore. Returning the Hag survived the FAQ, which is good because she's a decent choice to return. I've done this twice now; once to stop a rampaging Mega Gargant, and another to stop a rampaging Gotrek; both times she succeeded in stopping them in time to win, as if she comes back chances are it'll be late game. Also, being able to return a Hero in general is just a win.

Stomping Megamob: A+

Imo, Stomping Megamob makes or breaks a Troggoth list, as it's just so good. A good portion of my wins have been because of retreat and charge, either onto an objective, or into a problem unit (like Irondrakes) that I couldn't reach before. This rule is especially deadly on the double turn, and if you get it, it really comes into its own to maximize that double potential. My army feels more fluid and maneuverable, as I can dodge tarpits and slingshot units to important fights etc. This forces your opponent to focus down individual units, as if they can't bog them down, they have to destroy them, and if they destroy them, they might come back. Overall, this is a game winning factor, and I reckon it gives Glogg's Megamob  a place in the fat middle of army tiers, up from rock bottom.

I've linked my standard army list. It can be played as either a 4 drop or a 5 drop, depending on how I run the grots. I do prefer 2 units of 20 myself. I was hoping to get the points to include Scrapskuttles again from the FAQ.

If piloted by a pro, I reckon Glogg's can potentially be a 3/2 army.

Glogg'sMegamob03.pdf 5.73 MB · 8 downloads

I had quite a few games too (I posted a couple of my BRs here) and I fully agree. Actually even in competitive terms the army is actually not bad at all it behaves a lot better than what I expected, mainly because troggoths are good at avoiding the mian issues in the game at the moment (sniping small suporting heroes, magic and even shooting in a way)... 

I was really suprised to see how well the Troggoth army plays against lumineath and OBR.

My only fear at the moment is that I find that most of my games pivot around the Hag (because my opponents find her menacing, her vomit is devastating, she can soak a massive amount of damage output and survive etc...), and she's a FW model which means she is subject to squating, and there so real replacement for her.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

As popular as she is Gdubs should really make a plastic kit. 😍

Thinking about it, there's a lot of design directions they could go with designing a new multi-kit hag, akin to the treelord or GuO kit. Named character could also be a thing; there is one in the lore.

• Like 1