AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

On 6/29/2020 at 7:51 AM, BrocknerTheBear said:

GHB on the way, so what are we hoping for? Troggs points I think are okay as they stand, but the dankhold, troggboss, troggoth hag and battalion all need some big reductions.

Agreed with all of the above!  Hopefully the Hag doesn't get overlooked as a FW model.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Agreed with all of the above!  Hopefully the Hag doesn't get overlooked as a FW model.

We've seen FW models get adjusted before so hopefully they will bring her down. As a 2 cast wizard she would be absolutely on points. But as the 1 cast that she is its just too much by a good 60-80 points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Where´s the point?

You´ll still get your armour save, then your "feel no pain" save. Is there any additional "feel no pain" roll possible in Gloomspite Gitz?

Not that I know of. That rule doesnt change the ability to roll a normal save then a single negate ability. So trolls should be the same

On 6/28/2020 at 10:51 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

GHB on the way, so what are we hoping for? Troggs points I think are okay as they stand, but the dankhold, troggboss, troggoth hag and battalion all need some big reductions.

Well, in good news, Troggboss went down by 20....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Did Rockguts or Fellwaters go down? I haven't seen their new points anywhere. Troggherd?

In image I saw, -20 to Troggboss was the only change. But now you mention it, rockguts and fellwaters weren't on there.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 3:19 AM, Hannibal said:

Where´s the point?

You´ll still get your armour save, then your "feel no pain" save. Is there any additional "feel no pain" roll possible in Gloomspite Gitz?

This doesn’t affect trolls at all. Rule doesn’t even apply to us. 

Ideally the drops should have been far more extreme I agree. The troggboss is a 200 - 240 hero at most (mostly due to his ability to make troggs battleline)

The dankhold is a 160 - 180 unit and the basic two troggs types would both be fine at 120.

The battalion is a difficult one as too cheap and we have an easy 1 drop army. But really 100 - 120 is the correct area I feel.

Mollog should go to 120 and the troggoth hag needs to drop by at least 60 points. 

Oh well.....I guess we keep bashing things with clubs till they listen eh troggs?

Hey all,

I’m currently a Skaven and Mawtribes player looking to branch out into a third army as sort of a summer project. Looking for a low model count force and troggoths fit the bill. (Plus I have some old WFB stone trolls kicking around in the garage so I’m already well on my way...)

I’m planning to work up to 1k first and start with a troggboss, a fungoid cave shaman, six rockguts and three fellwaters. With the current points that leaves me with 210 left over.

Any thoughts on where those points should go? I was thinking bounders at first (love the models!) but the unreliable movement speed isn’t great. Interested in any guidance / suggestions. Thanks!

Edited by eliminatorjr

250 is a good place for the Troggboss, and Rockguts are great for 140; they're one of the few competitively priced GG units. They can't go further down, otherwise they will start replacing similar models in other armies, like Gluttons and Ironguts (which is what happened pre-Mawtribes).

Some armies are not hard edged competitive, and pushing points down is not always the answer. Troggoths suffer by being Gloomspite, not by being Troggoths; that being the lack of proper allegiance abilities.

Fellwaters could at least match Rockguts in points, and Dankholds ideally could go to 170/hoard discount at minimum. -10 on Troggherd is a nice pat on the head, I suppose.

A 40 point drop on the Hag would certainly have been appreciated.

My list is only -20 points, but that is an Endless Spell either way.

GW seems to reduce the prices on otherwise stable models slowly as to avoid unintended consequences; I feel like every time we're given an inch, someone wants the mile.

Either way, Troggoths can be pretty solid if you know exactly what you're doing, in a semi-competitive environment. Do remember that Troggoths are not priced in a vacuum as a stand alone army; if you want pure Troggoths, then problems quickly arise. That's why my force is only 75-80% Troggs.

Furthermore, this new General's Handbook will change the game overall, so battleplans and the lack of say Ethereal (insert 3+ save monster-smash) will have effects beyond the simple pricing of models. We also need to look at how other, hard edged armies will be pointed. Until the PDF comes out, we can't know for certain. Overall, this year will be an easier ride for Gloomspite, because at least we weren't relying on Realm Artifacts to be relevant.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hellu people, i need an opinion:

I got a squig army and my wife gave me as a present a Troggboss/Dankhold Troggoth and i am not sure which one to assemble.

What do you guys think would be more usefull on a squig army and in case a decide to go Trogg in the future, are both options usually auto include on the lists?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

I got a squig army and my wife gave me as a present a Troggboss/Dankhold Troggoth and i am not sure which one to assemble.

What do you guys think would be more usefull on a squig army and in case a decide to go Trogg in the future, are both options usually auto include on the lists?

Thanks!

I built mine out to my own taste, placed the troggboss head on the basic dankhold body( double handed club). I play it as either a troggboss or a basic dankhold. Since I only have the one model there is never any confusion as to what it is. 
the troggboss has the one extra attack obviously, with random damage... if you have the points to spare you could field the troggboss if not field the dankhold. 
either way it’s a beautiful model to paint and looks great on the table

C299179B-93E9-4A20-B21B-F5B9482CB7BF.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Jmason said:

I built mine out to my own taste, placed the troggboss head on the basic dankhold body( double handed club). I play it as either a troggboss or a basic dankhold. Since I only have the one model there is never any confusion as to what it is. 
the troggboss has the one extra attack obviously, with random damage... if you have the points to spare you could field the troggboss if not field the dankhold. 
either way it’s a beautiful model to paint and looks great on the table

C299179B-93E9-4A20-B21B-F5B9482CB7BF.png

Great looking lad!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Thanks!

The Troggboss, as I doubt you'll ever be taking a regular one. The Troggboss' value has gone up in this new magic/shooting/ high armor meta.

• 2 months later...

TROGG MOB RULES in the latest WD :)

Looks very cool! If you give your army the keyword you get these allegiance abilities in addition to the normal Gitz ones (so you still have moon etc)

Allegiance abilities are:

• Regen buff (+1 to the roll)
  • CA to give one Trogg unit within 12" of a hero spell ignore on a 4+ 
  • Trait is an extra CP on 4+ each hero phase
  • Artefact is 5+ against Mortals
  • Loonshrine gets a ressurect Trogg units at half strength on a 4+ ability

Battalion:

1 Trogboss, 3-9 Dankhold, Fellwaters or Rock Guts in any combination, 0-2 Aleguzzlers

Gives *everything* in the battalion the ability to retreat and still shoot/ charge 😮 

160pts

Could be very fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1