Carrion Empire

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

What do we think?

Well, I think I'm screwed. I spent last night looking for second-hand goblins and recounting my stash of old miniatures, all hyped for the Gloomspite gitz. Now I see this box with factions I really dig and I want two boxes!

Assuming this comes out mid/late Feb at earliest, if not later, would be a canny and to me obvious move if they bundled a version of the WD Skirmish rules in with this box set along with 4 or 5 battle plans for a Skaven x FEC campaign.

51 minutes ago, Still-young said:

eBay, too. 

Yep, that's where I go.  I have a couple of them that sell complete single miniatures, it's great for making skirmish warbands (adding a just a couple of Fyreslayers to my Dispossessed warband, I'd rather pay the 6 bucks each for them than buy a unit box of ten for 60 bucks!)

1 hour ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I'll have to be checking bitz resellers for that Warlock Engineer.  I have no need for the rest of the box, unfortunately.

Guys no need to split halves or pick up models on eBay.   The heroes will come out on their own. Just like neave blacktalon and horticulus slimux from blight war. Just like the wrath and rapture minis will. 

Unless you need all the minis here, probably not worth splitting a box with someone.

From the FEC side, 6 horrors is probably too many. People probably have enough from their SC boxes. Skaven side is kinda weird too. Good for someone starting a skaven army, but that's about it 

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Guys no need to split halves or pick up models on eBay.   The heroes will come out on their own. Just like neave blacktalon and horticulus slimux from blight war. Just like the wrath and rapture minis will. 

Unless you need all the minis here, probably not worth splitting a box with someone.

From the FEC side, 6 horrors is probably too many. People probably have enough from their SC boxes. Skaven side is kinda weird too. Good for someone starting a skaven army, but that's about it 

Who knows how long though? (And tbh, it’s generally cheaper getting them off eBay than waiting til they’re released separately). 

10 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Yeah, but maybe along with the new Hero, I can pick up the bitz for a single Stormfiend for a skirmish warband of Skaven, when I don't need/want to afford the full box of three.

6 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

This looks amazing but I don't think it necessarily means there will be new models for Skaven or FEC other than a battletome and endless spells. 

The article even mentions that both skaven and FEC players have a lot of cool things to look forward too in the coming weeks. I doubt it'll just be a single hero for FEC and Skaven.  Skaven is a massive collection, but FEC are quite literally 3 plastic boxes and 1 finecast model, so that army has a ton of potential extra units that could be added. 

There was much moaning about nighthaunt only getting a single black coach as a new model for a long time as well... :D

Archived