Carrion Empire

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Pestilense is indeed included and when played unlocks new battleline so you can definitely play it pure with the benefits of the skaven tide allegiance abilities 

Does that mean I can’t use the great plagues? 😞 or will they have updated versions of them in this battletome? And does this mean they will phase out the old allegiance abilities for skryre and pestilens?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Does that mean I can’t use the great plagues? 😞 or will they have updated versions of them in this battletome? And does this mean they will phase out the old allegiance abilities for skryre and pestilens?

The battletome contains some material for both Skryre and Pestilens.

He said, as diplomatically as possible.

16 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

The battletome contains some material for both Skryre and Pestilens.

He said, as diplomatically as possible.

Lol, how do I make my text like that? And by “material” you mean allegiance abilities? Or do you mean relics and traits? Has there been any leaks concerning FEC or rats rules? I saw 1d4chan add one of the courts rules to their tactics page. I hope you aren’t seeing me as hostile by taking that diplomatic tone 😙 I’m asking you a lot of questions XD sorry

1 hour ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Lol, how do I make my text like that? And by “material” you mean allegiance abilities? Or do you mean relics and traits? Has there been any leaks concerning FEC or rats rules? I saw 1d4chan add one of the courts rules to their tactics page. I hope you aren’t seeing me as hostile by taking that diplomatic tone 😙 I’m asking you a lot of questions XD sorry

No problem at all buddy- you can use the Band U buttons in the top left of the Reply box where you write comments to make your text bold, italic or underlined.

As for the rules, they're out there! Podcasts like Facehammer, and YouTube channels like Guerilla Miniature Games (GMG) have already released reviews. You can see pretty much entirety of what the battletome has to offer.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:56 AM, Gorthor21 said:

I had a massive 14k point skaven army a few years back from 7th to 8th Ed and I will say I only once out of the dozens and dozens of games I played with them got close to winning.  Against 8th Ed high elves.  Dwarves cleaned house every time and resisted literally every tactic skaven had to offer.  My greatest victory against them was destroying one of the four war machines he had on the table and from then on the warp lightning cannon were always the first to go.  From sling slaves to ratogres and abominations to a horde unit of 90 stormvermin nothing could get through the ‘enduring mountain’.  Even though I lost I will always love those games as it was with my first army I ever collected against my best friend and his first army.  

Bringing the skaven into one book is the smartest thing they could do given how much variance there is in the faction.  Giving them several different clan based allegiances is a really nice touch and is the best way they could have done Skaven.

That reminds me of my first warhammer 5th edition games. I had vampire counts. My best friend collected goblins. I routed him. Every. Time. 

To be honest aos is a much better game now for avoiding those rock paper scissors army match ups if you are playing casually. 

Archived