Do you want to write for TGA?

Ben

Happy New Year everyone.  

Here at TGA we have an article section that, other than a few initial posts, has lay dormant for the last 2 years.  

In 2019 I am looking to bring articles back to the site and it would be great if our members had a chance to post their thoughts.

This is a great opportunity to run alongside each of the forum areas and complement the amazing conversations that are going on all over the site.  

If you are interested in writing an article just let me know in the comments and I will be in touch. 

Thanks, 
Ben 

View full article

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Sounds like a great idea! I'd definitely be up for it, but I feel compelled to first raise the question of what kind of articles you want. Anything goes, or do you have something specific in mind? In terms of format/type of content, I mean.

Edited by Mayple

I would be interested.  Writing is something I've done in all my corporate jobs and as contract/piece work for FFG and GW (including a series of WD articles on painting). Now that I'm retired, it's an itch I don't scratch nearly often enough.

So, depending on what sort of content you really want, I might have what you are looking for. If not, that's ok as well.  I know I'm sort of an acquired taste. :)

• Like 1

At the moment it's an open field.  Anyone who writes something we can post it up.  Once we have established a routine I will start to look for themes and specifics.  

A good place to start is TGA itself.  If you are already part of some great discussions on here then maybe look at summarising them .  Highlight a forum thread and why it is worth an extra look.  The faction threads are good for this.  

Same applies to the painting area.  Maybe a top 5 painting blogs

If you have a great idea you would like to write an article about then just let me know and send it in.  

thanks! 

• Like 2

@Ben - I was in the process of writing a tips&tricks strategy blog a while back, right before GHB2 dropped. Could do a few articles on that subject about a host of brutally cunning ploys, as well as some "how to deal with.." scenarios if that sounds interesting. Could be a solid resource for new and experienced players alike. Likely going to steer way clear of listbuilding though, unless I think it is relevant to a specific strategy, or if it comes up in a "How to deal with.." write-up.  

I've written bits here and there on forums so I could certainly show a hand as being interested in writing up an article or two here and there. 

I'd be happy to do one on photography and miniatures and far off might do one on magnets (it really hinges on me learning enough to paint to be able to get started on building a Cauldron kit properly). Heck I could port my guide on making a simple conversion over too. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Like a guide, specifically for Age of Sigmar with pictures and stuff?

You have all my support :D

Teach me to paint and I'll make it (also provide the effort, enthusiasm and motivation too). 

As I've got several Cauldron kits I'll have to make one without any stages or photos anyway and will have at least one or two to follow so I can take photos at each stage. The only thing that holds me back is that the way the cauldron goes together there's a few bits that might benefit painting before assembly. 

• Like 1

Definitely interested.

Have a particular interest in games theory, games design, narrative structure, business strategies and competitive gaming, but am also fanatically devoted to the creative and hobby side of things. Always looking to challenge myself, so more than ready to take this challenge.

I would be quite interested. I'd be interested in writing about painting, modelling, basing, colour schemes, theming, effects (water/snow/lights).

I'd also be really interested in world-building/fleshing our areas of different realms, maybe as a community/group which ties into campaign/battle rules.

7 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

I think it will be harder to find people who don't want to contribute! 

Nevertheless, I offer my paw.

The real trick isn't finding people who want to contribute, but those who can contribute. Both in terms of actually getting them to spend time doing the article and also in terms of people having the skill to compose an article that is of sufficient quality that its worth putting up. 

Whilst sometimes anything is better than nothing, I'd argue that fewer well written articles are better than a lot of articles of which some are good, some are bad and some are just unintelligible. So it might well be worth having some level of neutral quality control. 

Repetition might also be an issue, but like many things sometimes the same article written differently appeals to a different group reading and often you'll find small differences in how the writers compose and focus their article so that there can be worthwhile content in both. The real issue is if you end up with 20 articles on "how to make a marine" or such. 

The other big issue is pacing. I think if Ben wants this to work then he's got to put the time in to contacting people who show interest and nudging them along to write things as well as continually badgering and advertising interest in more article writers and getting ideas for article subjects. A lot of schemes like this on forums can start out really great and then after a few months they are utterly dead. It takes at least one key person with an interest to keep it going and to push the others along a bit. Voluntary work can be started with great energy and enthusiasm, but "life" can get in the way of it and grind it to a halt just as fast. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 4

I had an idea for a series of articles describing various places in Mortal Realms, not only Free Cities, but whole continents and civilizations, their cultures etc. I wanted to wait for AoSRPG and write also custom rules for creatures inhabiting that places, traps  or quests, but we still don't know when it would be released, so for now lore would have to be enough

Heya @Ben!

I'm pretty lucky that in my work I get a bit of downtime and could commit to a post every Friday :) I'd love to a tactica series, touching on everything from deployment, to list building, screening, hero phase, the realms, just breaking down everything with matched play in mind :)

I've dropped you a PM, hope to hear back from you soon!