Age of Sigmar: Warbands (Small Games Supplement)

VBS

Greetings,

When it comes to gaming in Age of Sigmar, I always found more appealing the smaller games. Being a huge fan of a series of articles that were published in 2004 in White Dwarf (and later revised in 2006) called "Warhammer: Warbands", I believe it is time to adapt such supplement to the current game: Age of Sigmar.

The file you may find attached to download contains all the necessary information to play small-scaled games (100-500 points) for Age of Sigmar with a few different rules, and is mostly a word for word modification of its Warhammer Fantasy predecessor. Obviously, none of the content is official or anything similar, and simply tries to offer new options and guidelines to enjoy this game.

Any comments or contributions are welcome (ps: please excuse my lazy editing skills ;) ).

The PDF file may be found below for downloading, while the first page preview is as follows:

image.png.00fd80f4fa49211c261eb87960ecb9f7.png

AoS_Warbands_V.1.0.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great! I have just started playing with the storm strike boxset and this seems like a perfect way to play when we grow our forces a little bit.

I particularly like the secret objective aspect of the battleplan, and it can be easily expanded by adding even more objectives :)

We're starting a new skirmish grow-league on the 26th.   We were contemplating moving towards a Path to Glory campaign after that, but I think Warbands will be a better place to go after that.  Last year we ran a skirmish grow league and transitioned right into the big game and it was a bit jarring as people had lots of one-ofs and two-ofs and they suddenly needed to paint 8 or 9 more.  Going to five will be much better.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Moldek said:

This looks great! I have just started playing with the storm strike boxset and this seems like a perfect way to play when we grow our forces a little bit.

I particularly like the secret objective aspect of the battleplan, and it can be easily expanded by adding even more objectives :)

Thanks, that is the objetive! Storm Strike is exactly the kind of forces that fit for this. I really like the idea of a battleplan having different objectives with different deployment options, never gets old!

At some point I should also adapt the Campaign section, Leader development and might pick out a few ideas off older WHFB books. I think the creativity of early 2000 Warhammer is quite an endless ressource that can be easily adapted to AoS (and shame to waste!) :)

17 hours ago, Nin Win said:

We're starting a new skirmish grow-league on the 26th.   We were contemplating moving towards a Path to Glory campaign after that, but I think Warbands will be a better place to go after that.  Last year we ran a skirmish grow league and transitioned right into the big game and it was a bit jarring as people had lots of one-ofs and two-ofs and they suddenly needed to paint 8 or 9 more.  Going to five will be much better.

Sounds fun! Would be cool to have a thread with few pics and battle reports if you feel like it ;)

I totally agree that something like Warbands gives structure to the transition between Skirmish and "standard" AoS games, there is much less hassle in building 4 or 6 minis units from the start instead of the large blobs the game is evolving to. Makes for sweet tree-campaign systems mixing different modes/sizes too!

Archived