Gitmob Grots Removed from NZ Store following the Gloomspite Gits Launch

Barbossal

I've had a chat with Sam (rules team) at Warhammer fest Europe... He essentially said a "culling" of old WHFB models would happen.

He didn't mention gitmobs, but he did use freeguild as an example; models that could do with a more "AoS style design" rather than 17th century soldiers... If you did still have old empire models, you could still use them with the new books as stand ins. Keeping both a new freeguild and old on the shelves are not an option for the company, so something has to be scrapped...

I'm sure you can still use wolf riders as spider riders, gitmobs as moonclan etc... With some things going truly legacy ( chariot, pumpwagon, ...) But I expect a lot of thing no longer being available soon. But if you do own them, you'll be the cool dude with a legacy OOP army in a decade! ;)

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

I think, the Dispossessed would only need new Warriors, Thunderers and Quarrellers that fit with the Ironbreakers, Longbeards, Ironbreakers and Hammerers and they would mostly be fine.

Definitely.  The look on the more recent kits is just right, but the Warriors and Quarrelers/Thunderers all have the old shin-less Dwarf aesthetic of the older days.

Don't forget some things might well go away now and come back later. Goblins riding wolves and a wolf chariot could well return with new sculpts in the future. So they are not always dead - indeed GW has had just a rich history that many "new" things today are revamped old things or old ideas from the past.

It can be a huge pain and it would be great of GW to give us a heads up what they are going to do with AoS in general, but I figure we won't get that. It would be phenomenal if they did it. Heck if they outright stated which Freeguild (as an example) were going to stay and which were going to leave/be upgraded I bet they'd see a surge in sales! Those building for 9th edition or older Warhammer editions would want to buy to get their armies finished, whilst those looking for a new faction might well start buying the stuff that is going to remain in advance of Battletome drop. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Luke82 said:

Fine, but they should put something out to that effect so some poor kid doesn’t unwittingly spend a fortune on models that become outdated overnight

Given the multiple times that GW have declared that they are a company that makes and sells miniatures that won't happen.  

More likely the Legacy Warscroll Listings will be updated to include all discontinued models as part of their 'always support' pledge when AoS was released.

13 minutes ago, batcok said:

Given the multiple times that GW have declared that they are a company that makes and sells miniatures that won't happen.  

More likely the Legacy Warscroll Listings will be updated to include all discontinued models as part of their 'always support' pledge when AoS was released.

I think it's more likely they will turn it into a new Warhammer Legends pdf.

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:28 AM, EMMachine said:

I think, the Dispossessed would only need new Warriors, Thunderers and Quarrellers that fit with the Ironbreakers, Longbeards, Ironbreakers and Hammerers and they would mostly be fine.

Honestly I could see them just dropping the warriors and thunderers/quarrelers.

Longbeards, Hammerers, and Ironbreakers already look great as the basis for an army of armoured Dwarf infantry, just the same as the Irondrakes are an impressive-looking missile unit.

Most battletomes don't have more than that many options for infantry. I think purely from a design standpoint, there's not much to be added to the look of the army by making new kits for the basic Dwarf grunts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Honestly I could see them just dropping the warriors and thunderers/quarrelers.

Longbeards, Hammerers, and Ironbreakers already look great as the basis for an army of armoured Dwarf infantry, just the same as the Irondrakes are an impressive-looking missile unit.

Most battletomes don't have more than that many options for infantry. I think purely from a design standpoint, there's not much to be added to the look of the army by making new kits for the basic Dwarf grunts.

It would be a possibility, after it seems that we have lost the Sourbreath Troggoths with Gloomspite Gits, even it would be sad.

After that Dispossessed would be  only 7 remaining units if they wouldn't merge them again with parts of the Ironweld Arsenal.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, Barbossal said:

Some good thoughts here, I kind of agree that some of the old line still needs to be shunted off for AoS to really take on its own thing. Would be nice for them to more clearly define what is getting support. For example, I would love to get a Devoted of Sigmar army going, but the idea that they are no longer a worthwhile investment does stay my hand.

This completely. They could permanently damage their support base by dragging WFB armies that they still sell on square bases for a round base game along and then dumping them at a later date. I invested in Free Guild because I like the models but they're not overly competitive unless I run grand order alliance. Having 400 points of allies and then having tanks/guns/wizards as allies is poor form and needs to be cleaned up one way or another. It also capped my investment. Given the lack of certainty I have stopped at 2k points. In the past I've always gone to 3k or more depending on the range of models. 

Clarity is needed. I get it takes time and they want to stagger releases to maintain interest but if you're running old armies you have to be patient. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saxon said:

This completely. They could permanently damage their support base by dragging WFB armies that they still sell on square bases for a round base game along and then dumping them at a later date.

Trouble is, the Design Team don't necesscarily know what's going to happen in the future, and even when they do know, you can't tell the fans until it's closer to the time

For example, Gloomspite Grotz, about 15 months ago, the entire range went to web only, along with a significant chunk of the Moonclan. This to me suggests this is when they started fleshing out the idea, and the project was started. Until it was finishes, they wouldn't know whether or not they'd be a cool idea for existing models. Maybe Wolf Riders could become Shadow Wolves, who teleport around the battlefield. In the mean time, leave the models on sale because people are still buying them (heard somewhere that a kit has to sell 1 per store per year to stay in production)

When the project was finalised and the tooling laid up, they *could* take items out of sale, but why bother? It's bad business practice to scrap stock unnecessarily, so lets keep it on sale to let people who want it, buy it.

In the mean time, new players or players starting new armies, generally only pick the ones with battletomes to start (unless you like limiting your options)

• Like 1

Let us be honest here  as well... The new big rulebook has a description of all the subfactions that will  be around in the future for sure.  In what way they are combined, is something that can change. 

*edit* Although that doesn't seem foolproof, as gitmob grots are specifically mentioned in the big rulebook. 

Edited by Elmir

On 1/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, Artobans Ghost said:

I think it’s time to save the warscroll pdf’s for the green skins , etc for personal use when they go.

Do you think it would be considered poor form to use Greenskinz models with Bonesplitterz rules?

I am going to miss the snotlings. I hope they make new ones.

Forgive me, I'm not very well versed in AoS lore, but aren't Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz defined to a significant degree by how they are different than normal orruks? It seems like without a baseline orruk things might get a little weird, although I could certainly see them replacing the models. and changing up the units and rules quite a bit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gedrekt said:

Forgive me, I'm not very well versed in AoS lore, but aren't Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz defined to a significant degree by how they are different than normal orruks? It seems like without a baseline orruk things might get a little weird, although I could certainly see them replacing the models. and changing up the units and rules quite a bit.

Yeah I think that’s a pretty accurate summary,  but I still don’t think it means Orruks and Gitmob are safe from removal unfortunately.

By the way you can still find the war scrolls for the removed Goblin units through google, I’ve just saved them all.

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Unfortunately our Gitmob Grots are gone.

Does anyone know if they will be put in the legacy group with Bretonnia? 

No idea but they appear to have been completely deleted from both the app and the ghb in the case of the warmachines etc so they seem to have been fully removed.

Which is shady as all hell considering they were selling them 6 months ago. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrZakalwe said:

No idea but they appear to have been completely deleted from both the app and the ghb in the case of the warmachines etc so they seem to have been fully removed.

Which is shady as all hell considering they were selling them 6 months ago. 

I've just finished to paint 80 (60 archers and 20 spearmen) of them and their Grot Shaman. (And believe me wasn't so easy) 

I don't think this is a smart commercial idea. They delete an army and all its players (I played mixed Destruction)  in 1 minute. So I don't know why I should keep playing AoS if something that they sold me just few months ago can be deleted like that. 

• Like 1

I think the fact that Gitmob are gone indicates that a new army is in the works, probably to be released shortly. They included legacy and FW units in the GHB alongside Greenskinz, which went OOP the same time Gitmob did. It may be Grotbag Scuttler, sky-pirate Grots, or a classic Orcs and Goblins Greenskinz-Gitmob merger. 

It's a shame, though. I know this will invalidate matched play for some groups despite the old points being easily sourced. It's really annoying that they were removed from the app/warscroll builder; on-the-fly list building is difficult now. 

Really bad gesture towards the community. Gitmob are hard to source so sending them to OOP was offensive enough. The least they could do is work on some Firestorm centric allegiances to buff legacy armies and those lacking tomes right now, but I think that Firestorm has proven that GW doesn't care about supporting them. They could very easily have buffed Dispossessed or Wanderers a bit by including them in Lethisian Defenders, but decided merge four armies with tomes instead (poor KO, but their tome is better than anything Lethisian offers anyway). 

There really isn't any news in regards to them indicating that a new army is in the works released shortly.  There are a lot of legends armies now that did not get a new book.  There is no indication or reason why, they get binned when GW decides its time for them to get binned.   This is why I would never buy any models from a faction that don't have a tome.  

Edited by Dead Scribe
  • Like 2

It really doesn't make sense to me when there are things like Tomb Kings in the General's Handbook that don't even exist in the setting.  To get worse treatment than that honestly feels quite vindictive.

8 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

They delete an army and all its players (I played mixed Destruction)  in 1 minute. So I don't know why I should keep playing AoS if something that they sold me just few months ago can be deleted like that. 

Yep, I'm worried about what this means for things like the Dread Maw and Magma Dragon that I have in my collection.  They have no use in Matched Play other than Mixed Destruction, and deleting Gitmob is a huge nail in the coffin for Mixed Destro.

GW were proactively pimping Spear Chukkas as allies for Ironjawz on the stream less than 2 years ago, and now they've been binned with no communication whatsoever.  It does leave a sour taste to be honest.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

GW were proactively pimping Spear Chukkas as allies for Ironjawz on the stream less than 2 years ago, and now they've been binned with no communication whatsoever.  It does leave a sour taste to be honest.

Warhammer community were pushing Greenskinz less than a month before they stopped selling the Start Collecting. I got the start collecting and the Wyvern boss a month before that and kind of still want to do a combined Orruk army (do the little orruks greenskinned and the Ironjawz red skinned Warcraft III style with a Guldan style Weirdnob) but now can't get hold of the basic Orruk warriors. 

If basic Orruks ever come back I'll complete the army and buy the Ironjawz segment but until then It'll sit new in it's packaging gaining value for resale - I'm easy either way.

• Like 1

Loss of the standard orruk boyz kit from circulation killed my momentum for starting up 40k, strangely enough. I was mixing and matching my boyz for some visual pop.

I made this comparison image when I first opened up a box of AoS boyz last year.booty.png.7f16e1c1add03e12bbc8c8d42fcdcb6b.png

• Like 1