When to check in drawn objectives

Twisted magpie

How soon can I check in objectives that I've drawn. I know that I can't do it at the point of drawing it. However can I check it in the turn after? Does this apply even if the condition happened before I drew? 

For instance if I get strong start in the middle of a round but the first model taken earlier was an enemy

It depends on the card. For example, you need to have Victorious Duel in hand in order to score it; you can’t pick it up later and score it if Skritch took Zarbag out of action earlier in the phase. The FAQ provides more information, although I don’t think it’s crystal clear.

Strong Start can be scored under these circumstances. The key portion of the FAQ answer, IMO, is this:

You can score these in a phase after drawing them, even if the condition was met earlier in the phase, as long as that condition is still met.

So Strong Start qualifies if the first fighter taken out of action in this phase was an enemy fighter (or a friendly fighter in the case of Martyred).

5 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

It depends on the card. For example, you need to have Victorious Duel in hand in order to score it; you can’t pick it up later and score it if Skritch took Zarbag out of action earlier in the phase. The FAQ provides more information, although I don’t think it’s crystal clear.

Strong Start can be scored under these circumstances. The key portion of the FAQ answer, IMO, is this:

You can score these in a phase after drawing them, even if the condition was met earlier in the phase, as long as that condition is still met.

This is in the FAQ:

Q: Can you score a ‘score this immediately’ objective if, as an
activation, you discard and draw an objective, and you meet the
conditions of that objective (e.g. if you draw Blood for the Blood
God! in an action phase in which three of your fighters have
made a Charge action)?
A: Yes.

So, I think your answer is yes.

Archived