What warband is the most fun to play?

Kramer

I'm thinking of finally getting a new warband. What warband is the most fun to play?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think are the most fun to play? (not necessarily best, but fun)

• SEPULCHRAL GUARD
    • IRONSKULL’S BOYZ
    • THE CHOSEN AXES
    • SPITECLAW’S SWARM
    • THE FARSTRIDERS
    • MAGORE’S FIENDS
    • EYES OF THE NINE
    • ZARBAG’S GITZ

The background, it's just me playing against couple of mates. Looking to add some new to the game. Just for fun, although if they are fun to paint it's a bonus. Between us we have the started sets (although I might get Nightvault as well). So currently painting the 4 starter warbands

Personally like a bit of tactical gimmickery but a straight forward warband might help my friends who wan't play as often as well. 

In terms of straightforward, I don't think you get much straighter than Garrek's Reavers or Magore's Fiends.

I play Sepulchral Guard at the moment, and whilst they don't have magic I've managed to play both Objective and Offense with them with a few gimmicks to keep things fresh.

9 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

In terms of straightforward, I don't think you get much straighter than Garrek's Reavers or Magore's Fiends.

I play Sepulchral Guard at the moment, and whilst they don't have magic I've managed to play both Objective and Offense with them with a few gimmicks to keep things fresh.

Thanks for the tip! I do personally find Garrek's Reavers to be quite challenging but fun indeed! Magore's Fiends might be fun to paint as well! But from those two I'll probably do Sepulchral Guard first :) 

I had to choose Zarbag and his Gitz. Primarily because of the fanatic. That single model was a ton of fun to play. You never really know where he was going, but you can "sort of" guide him well enough. In one game he caused so much havoc in my opponents backfield killing chumps that my opponent had to choose whether to concentrate on the fanatic or the rest of the Gitz. 

If you can get an inspired "which is easy" fanatic into enemy territory, he is a legitimate threat to any model in the game. Was really fun to roll the 4 scatter dice and strategically figure out the best 3 results and what order to move him. At one point I thought I rolled 4 "bad results", but then looking at the board the results weren't bad once I played with the order. 

12 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

I had to choose Zarbag and his Gitz. Primarily because of the fanatic. That single model was a ton of fun to play. You never really know where he was going, but you can "sort of" guide him well enough. In one game he caused so much havoc in my opponents backfield killing chumps that my opponent had to choose whether to concentrate on the fanatic or the rest of the Gitz. 

If you can get an inspired "which is easy" fanatic into enemy territory, he is a legitimate threat to any model in the game. Was really fun to roll the 4 scatter dice and strategically figure out the best 3 results and what order to move him. At one point I thought I rolled 4 "bad results", but then looking at the board the results weren't bad once I played with the order. 

11 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

It’s Zarbag’s Gitz, and I don’t think it’s even close. They can be overwhelming for new players, however. 

Haha I did know roughly the rules for them but I just checked out the 'warscrolls' on the underworlds website. That does sound fun! But indeed tricky for a new player because with nine move when he moves characters there is going to be so much to look after while positioning i'm guessing?

Orruks.

The Easy Button of Underworlds.

They are fun because they just love to fight and even get better when hurt.  Your Gambit deck can be a semi-random collection of things that all lean toward killin' and you don't care what you get dealt. You don't have to think much at all and can just focus on bashin & hackin to a win. They are fun because you are not distracted by having to be a good player to succeed with them.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Orruks.

The Easy Button of Underworlds.

They are fun because they just love to fight and even get better when hurt.  Your Gambit deck can be a semi-random collection of things that all lean toward killin' and you don't care what you get dealt. You don't have to think much at all and can just focus on bashin & hackin to a win. They are fun because you are not distracted by having to be a good player to succeed with them.

Haha that's a brilliant description. Currently leaning a bit that way, because I never painted an Ork in my life as well. Thanks!

Archived