The Eight Embers Clan

Lucio

Clan Grots are a rich tribe, harvesting rare fungi and lichens that grow on the edges of the magma vents. Their darkened skin a testament to their living conditions.

They prefer to wear red or orange robes, dyed with the local fungi to better blend into their surroundings, though some wear blacker robes due to the perpetual scorching heat.

The tribe isn't numerous, due to dangerous nature of their home, but is well equiped as their wares are in much demand with other tribes. So they tend to make up their numbers with squigs grown in the cooler, darker recesses which tend to bright yellows or purples having grown in areas rich in sulphur and potassium, and in areas where realmstone accumulates they cultivate a good relationship with the troggoths that make their home there.

To get started, we've got the Fungoid Shaman, who I've based on both a normal base, and an optional scenic base with a Scuttling servent who fetches his master's potions. The blue base is magnetised so it'll come away neatly and fit back securely when necessary

IMG_20190102_200019.jpg

• Like 2

Bit more work on the boss. With the tome out, decided his head crest is a Badloon Bossfungus and his weapon is carved loonstone (it'll eventually get a gloss finish to distinguish it from the fungus)

Not getting a lot of painting time, as my hands are particularly bad at the moment but slowly making progress. Once the boss is done, Squigs are next, sulphur yellow is the goal with those

IMG_20190113_222541.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got him finished.

My Loon Boss with Giant Cave Squig was just once a lowly Squig Herder for the tribe, until he was infested with the spores from a Badloon Bossfungus. As the fungus burrowed into his brain, he started to get ideas on how to attract bigger and bigger Squigs, using a cauldron of some of the tastiest fungus to recruit snotlings, who he used as bait to lure out the best squigs the clan had seen.

He claimed the biggest, nastiest one for himself, affectionally calling it Slobba, and his Moon Prodda's sickle shaped blade helps him harvest foes heads as easily as it does funghi.

IMG_20190119_151307.jpg

IMG_20190119_151316.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Drizug said:

Really nice loonboss with squig. Can I ask you what kind of base did you use?and what size?

Keep up with this great work!

60/65mm round base from the Shattered Dominion set coupled with the base rock from the kit.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I last updated, have had problems with my hands due to a trapped nerve that's made it hard to paint.

Still, got a few more done! My Fungoid shaman and detachable scenic base, plus Zarbag himself and a few of his gits.

If you're thinking "that's not Zarbag" he donated a couple of parts to my Loonboss with Giant Cave Squig, but I think my kitbash with what's left feels a lot like a grumpy old Madcap Shaman

IMG_20190323_121246.jpg

IMG_20190323_121328.jpg

IMG_20190323_121651.jpg

IMG_20190323_121655.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Taken a while but finally have Mollog's Mob all painted up. It was a challenge finding a flesh colour for Mollog that matches the Aqshy theme of the force but I think I hit the right balance.

Also included a group shot of Zarbag's Gitz

Now onto the "Night Goblin Command Squad" and the terrain piece

IMG_20190414_103325.jpg

IMG_20190414_103418.jpg

IMG_20190414_103709.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sir Snagboing de Splatt, a Loonboss on a Giant Cave Squig had a vision once in a fungus brew induced haze. He saw a horde of knights with fluttering pennants and big crested helms ride down a horde of Stabbas. The Madcap Shamans told him it was a sign from Da Bad Moon

Now he and his Knights that go Booooinnnggg all wear similar helms and practice this shivalry (stabbing people in the front not the back)

IMG_20190518_170232.jpg

IMG_20190518_170248.jpg

IMG_20190518_170300.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Next set of ruins is done, this one I was particularly happy with the brickwork on

What I may go back and do to these pieces is add some fungi growing from the edges to better represent it as Badmoon territory

IMG_20190525_080222.jpg

IMG_20190525_080233.jpg

IMG_20190525_080249.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Lucio said:

Taken a while but finally have Mollog's Mob all painted up. It was a challenge finding a flesh colour for Mollog that matches the Aqshy theme of the force but I think I hit the right balance.

Also included a group shot of Zarbag's Gitz

Now onto the "Night Goblin Command Squad" and the terrain piece

IMG_20190414_103325.jpg

IMG_20190414_103418.jpg

IMG_20190414_103709.jpg

That back tho!! Super cool idea and great execution 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, EpicMowse said:

These look wonderful, can’t wait to see the Knights that go BOOIIIIINNNGG when they are all completed. I love the color palate that you’re running with as well

Each Knight will be different, either in layout or colours or both