How to play Slyvaneth? so hard

WhiteBear

hi guys 

I played  Slyvaneth in South korea

Almost used Gnarlroot and Alarielle

i think, Alarielle is not  tough  , she isn't alive 2turn ...

How do I play to be competitive?

its my today loster Vs Jaw's

Almost destroyed on the second turn.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (80)
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Spirit of Durthu (380)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Spites 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Treelord Ancient (300)
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour 
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing

Battleline
10 x Dryads (100)
5 x Spite-Revenants (70)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (130)
Household (100)

Endless Spells
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70

• 3 weeks later...

120 views, no comments.  That says something.

There is a good long thread about Sylvaneth in AoS 2.0.  I would recommend going there and reading.  Just start to finish.  Based on your list I would say you are expecting Alarielle and Durthu to do all the heavy lifting and 10 dryads to do your objective camping and 2 units of TRs to go objective hoping your trying to catch heroes or small units at the edges off guard.  If that isn't working for you look at what is going wrong.  Watch some Bat Reps on Sylvaneth (there are many on  youtube) to see what they do.  You are correct about Alarielle, in that she seems tanky but suffers from being killable by something you gets the double-turn on you or focuses. 

1. Use your Wyldwoods as much as possible. Put down 3 at the start of the battle, and summon more every chance you get - they are fantastic defensive tools and can really limit the places your opponent can go. 

2. If Alarielle is dying by turn 2, something is wrong... she's only weak to mortal wounds. Not to mention, at a practical 400 points (after the free unit she can spit out on the first turn) she's still a steal. I'd like to see her spellcasting buffed, as it's just bizarre that a goddess of magic has no bonus to cast, but she's still quite good for her points. 

3. That list's model count is terribly, terribly low - 24 models in a 2k game? You need to cut some big heroes and probably take at least one Dryad block, as well as some Hunters. I know that Alarielle + Durthu is an attractive option, but it's just too many points - I would cut Durthu, take the Dryad unit up to 30, and take 3 Hunters. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did read this but it's very hard to reply to a thread saying "I keep losing with X army help me".

AoS has SO many variables going on, simply typing "this is how you play Sylvaneth" doesn't really help. Board positioning, army composition, scenarios, dice rolls, are you in realms..... it's a really long list to try and answer. 

I'd definitly cut the spite revs. They are weak alone and outside of the dreadwood batallion. Your list does not really exploit the battleshock modifiers.

Also: For a Gnarlroot, you got a quite lame hero phase.

Give Alarielle Throne of Vines instead of the second Regrowth. This synergies well with her Metamorphosis.

Give the branchwych a silverwood circlet and the reaping, and make her a little bomb behind a dryadline.

You have so many spells due to your batallion, but you can't use any because you have so many doubles.

You should really think about, what you do with these spells to do damage or hinder your opponent. Maybe endless spells like cogs or shackles could be good, if you play defensive.

Archived