Speculation: Steamhead Duardins

Turgol

Here's an idea:

The dwarves reamaining were whittled away by the atrocities of the chaos raids and various other pressures. Meaning they're elite.

However, they're not without ingenuity and so they built automatons.

We've kind of accepted a golem will pop up as a large beast...

But what if it's topsy turvy?

What if it's like a summoner and an army. There's an elite Dwarf unit - heavily armoured, heavily weaponed. Few.

There's the 'cogsmiths' and they via engineering blended with their own form of magic (runes being augmented in AoS?) have created ranks of automatons. Small and large.

Kind of like lord castellant and gryph hound. Each type of dwarf hero has a specific role and they have automatons that reflect that.

So instead of masses of dwarves and big whizzbang engineering, will we see very, very few dwarves with mini-golem armies?

That's the route I took with my custom Silver Tower character.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I just want more Dwarves!

At the moment my force is built around the Dispossesed with Fyreslayers.

There have been many ideas bouncing around since the lead up to the final WFB Dwarf book that still seem to have some traction to them so things like bear cav and golems sound feasible (and really cool!)

For the Dispossesed I think it will be a case of sticking with what is already available like the hammerers/longbeards and the Ironbreakers/Irondrakes boxes but maybe with a new box for the thunderers and quarrelers as they are not available at the moment from what I know (that and they are a very old kit now)

15 minutes ago, HunterB said:

For the Dispossesed I think it will be a case of sticking with what is already available like the hammerers/longbeards and the Ironbreakers/Irondrakes boxes but maybe with a new box for the thunderers and quarrelers as they are not available at the moment from what I know (that and they are a very old kit now)

This, plus a new monstrous cavalry (ram/boar/mechanical mounted dwarfs) or some kind of Golem (runic or dwarfs in a machine) along with a new 'centerpiece' model (think throne of power) and I will be very happy. 

Archived