tamurkhan horde army and maggotkin army book

Ajmaus

Question

New member here and i have a question regarding how tamurkhan horde allegiance and maggotkin interact together.

In the forgeworld index it says in the designer notes that all units in the maggotkin of nurgle book can be included in a tamurkhan horde army. However, special characters do not gain the tamurkhan horde special rule. 

My question is regarding warscroll battalions. I currently use a tallyband of nurgle for my 2k list but can i include the tallyband and be part of the tamurkhan horde allgiance. Basically can maggotkin warscroll battalions be included in a tamurkhan horde army.

Does the deaigners comentary saying you can include any units from the maggotkin army book apply to warscroll battalions in that book?

Thanks in advance loving AOS 2.0

Asked originally on the chaos forum but seemed more appropriate here

8 answers to this question

Is that correct? I thought it worked like the Stormhosts for Stormcast eternals? The text says:

After you have chosen the Maggotkin of Nurgle allegiance for your army, you can give it the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword.

Here it describes it as a keyword. And below that it says you can take these allegiance abilities alongside the allegiance abilities of Maggotkin.

So, as you have both Maggotkin and Tamurkhan allegiances, can't you take a maggotkin battalion?

On 1/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, Husserl said:

Is that correct? I thought it worked like the Stormhosts for Stormcast eternals? The text says:

Here it describes it as a keyword. And below that it says you can take these allegiance abilities alongside the allegiance abilities of Maggotkin.

So, as you have both Maggotkin and Tamurkhan allegiances, can't you take a maggotkin battalion?

This is what i want to know.. Because you have to be maggotkin first 

The wording seems to imply Tamurkhan's Horde works exactly like Stormhosts and Greatfrays (rather than cross allegiance factions like Clan Pestilens or Nighthaunt), so I believe that you can indeed use Nurgle Battalions.

Funny enough though RAW Tamurkhan's Horde doesn't work since there isn't such a thing as a "Maggotkin of Nurgle" Allegiance. Oh you FW writers!

4 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Funny enough though RAW Tamurkhan's Horde doesn't work since there isn't such a thing as a "Maggotkin of Nurgle" Allegiance. Oh you FW writers!

My post is a little off-topic, but you don't need Forgeworld to mess up with Allegiance. I only say Skaven Pestilence, where most of the time they only use the PESTILENCE Keyword and for the Allegiance Abilities SKAVEN PESTILENCE, so a Verminlord Corruptor can't be General in an SKAVEN PESTILENCE army, because he doesn't have the SKAVEN Keyword. 🙄

I'd go with yes, since you first choose the Maggotkin of Nurgle allegiance and then apply the Tamurkhan's Horde keyword to all units and you get to use the extra rules. You don't change allegiance or have any requirements you need to fulfill other then being a Nurgle army.

Works the same as any other Chamber/Coven/Thingy.

Archived