Starting Death LoB or SoulBlight

wakadaka

Ran this at a little one dayer, tabled a Nagash and a Arkhan list (though he won on points and with some dubious first turn multi-casting of endless spells), tabled all but Morathi of a hard as nails DoK list (also lost this to some overly generous tape measure action). Point is, having blocks of 40 skeles isn’t essential, nor is having massive monsters. Black knights can be bought back easy, and they can’t kill your vamp lord if they can’t see / get to him.

Also, 5 buffed blood knights with  31 attacks hitting on 3’s, 3’s with -1 doing D3 damage is bad ass.

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Trait: Aristocracy of Blood  
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- Mount: Steed
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
10 x Dire Wolves (120)

Units
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
15 x Black Knights (360)

Behemoths
Mortis Engine (180)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 162

2 hours ago, Charlo said:

Sorry! I'm at work and clearly not awake my dude!

Good talk, good talk... now please commence steering that bus through the city and don´t look at you phone any longer

;-D

1 hour ago, warhammernerd said:

Ran this at a little one dayer

Mean list, the 30 wolves are such a pain, all my opponents hate it, when I field 3x5 or a 10 strong unit.

The amount of positioning options are well beyond my tactical acumen, but done right, this list is brutal.

Congrats to your devious mind

Genuinely think big monsters is a trap when running blood knights. Need bodies! Just gotta keep VL alive for at least one Black Knight summon. Which means you need to throw the Black knight grenade ASAP, and be super mindful about VL & grave site positioning.  Also want to make sure he lives until at least turn two to guarantee Blood knight charges with his Aristocracy of Blood and +1 A buff. The dire wolves are a brilliant 60 wound screen for first turn. List is thin in command points, which means holding back till turn 2 is ideal, then change buffed black knights and Blood knights. Devastating.

Archived