Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

43 minutes ago, Dez said:

I love it! I've been meaning to build one of these myself, and I love the idea of it being crewed...I'd actually considered using some 40k grots because I have tons of them and making the Idol more of a mechanical contraption than living embodiment.

Do it! It would be great to scratch build one, using steampunk esc cogs, wheels, belts and pulleys! 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's been a while... May and June are possibly the two busiest for me in terms of work so sadly I've not been able to commit much time to the army. I have been making slow progress on the Rogue Idol it's now very nearly done to the point where I can base him.

The howdah is complete and mounted, the Shaman crew member is also finished (bar his eyes), I really think that he looks very much in command of operations!

I need to add some chains to secure the howdah but this will be done once the crew are finished and glued in to position.

I'm really pleased so far with how it's come out, once mounted I will add flock and a bit of lichen to the body of the Idol to give him that mossey look.

image.png

image.png

And that's the Idol done... This model has really been a labour of love, I knew from the outset that I had to have a crew of Grots making use of the lofty heights to stick some sneaky wounds on "da enemi" and so the howdah idea sprung in to my head. I also knew that the Grots should have a shaman in their ranks who could be using the power of the Waaggh to animate the Idol, and what better mini than the new clam pack Grot shaman! It's such a lovely mini to paint and looks perfectly imposing in the corner of the structure. Anyway I hope that you like what I've done with it...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Amazing work @Mitzy that's so cool. Really like your Gore-gruntas as well. I really really need to get more paint on my Ironjawz and this thread is totally inspiring. I have been a bit stalled on some Ardboyz, but I'll crack through them next week and get on to some juicier stuff.

Really hope to get a game against this one day!

@Dez I too have thought of a mechanical idol. I have a 40K Gorkanaut sat around that I may try to do something with. I took a look over it the actually day and it would require a lot of work and I'm not convinced it would work regardless. Can't see myself playing 40K anytime soon so I may well butcher the thing and see what I can do down the line.

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Amazing work @Mitzy that's so cool. Really like your Gore-gruntas as well. I really really need to get more paint on my Ironjawz and this thread is totally inspiring. I have been a bit stalled on some Ardboyz, but I'll crack through them next week and get on to some juicier stuff.

Really hope to get a game against this one day!

Cheers @Chris Tomlin I'm super pleased with how the Idol came out!

It's funny but I got 10 Ardboyz done but the second batch of 10 are killing me, I keep looking at them but the thought of putting a brush to them is not at all appealing...

My only concern is how I get my list constructed for @Ben Alliance with the Generals Handbook not out until the 23rd and the event on the 7th August I am struggling to know what to take.

I really want to use the Idol in the list but if I stray out of the Ironjaws faction I need "core units" but only have 10 Ardboyz and 5 Boar Boyz so have no clue how to go.

Without another big treat (like the Idol or a second MawKrusha) Gordrakk is a sitting duck!

Help..........

Oh and we definitely need to get a game in... grudges at Alliance???

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

The Idol is so awesome though! I didn't see points for it in The Generals Handbook, hopefully Forge World will have some soon. Do those events let you do 'counts as', because you could use it as a Mawkrusha amirite? Then give it a cool artifact, like The Talisman of Protection which ignores Mortal Wounds on a 4+. 

@Chris Tomlin go ahead and take it apart :) I play Orks in 40K, the Gorka (or is it Morka?) naught is naught good.

8 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Cheers @Chris Tomlin I'm super pleased with how the Idol came out!

It's funny but I got 10 Ardboyz done but the second batch of 10 are killing me, I keep looking at them but the thought of putting a brush to them is not at all appealing...

Yeh you should be bro, that thing looks great. Ardboyz are kinda cool (the Great Weapon ones anyway, the others are a bit goofy), I'm not sure why I am dragging my heels with them.

10 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

My only concern is how I get my list constructed for @Ben Alliance with the Generals Handbook not out until the 23rd and the event on the 7th August I am struggling to know what to take.

I really want to use the Idol in the list but if I stray out of the Ironjaws faction I need "core units" but only have 10 Ardboyz and 5 Boar Boyz so have no clue how to go.

Without another big treat (like the Idol or a second MawKrusha) Gordrakk is a sitting duck!

Help..........

Yeh it's a tricky one. I guess you'll have to wait and see when GW release the pts for FW stuff. Not sure if @Ben is planning on pointing them up anyway. But yeh, doesn't get around your Battleline issue. Sounds like it'll be pure Ironjawz for you this time around as unfortunately Ardboyz and Boar Boyz are not Battleline (unless you have the relevant allegiance, though this does not help you here!).

13 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Oh and we definitely need to get a game in... grudges at Alliance???

Unfortunately I'm not at Alliance, a bit far for a one dayer, and mine is the day before it. Are you going to Brothers of Sigmar, the doubles event?

3 minutes ago, Dez said:

The Idol is so awesome though! I didn't see points for it in The Generals Handbook, hopefully Forge World will have some soon. Do those events let you do 'counts as', because you could use it as a Mawkrusha amirite? Then give it a cool artifact, like The Talisman of Protection which ignores Mortal Wounds on a 4+. 

@Chris Tomlin go ahead and take it apart :) I play Orks in 40K, the Gorka (or is it Morka?) naught is naught good.

For my event I will just times the SCGT points by 20 (with a few adjustments) if GW don't release FW points in time. Usually independent events are pretty cool with proxies as long as they are suitable. I'm not convinced Grot Shaman on rock pile will fit as a Megaboss on cabbage though. Its worth @Mitzy enquiring with the TO though.

Haha you're telling me re the Gorkanaut, looks cool but is junk. The Morkanaut with Big Mek is the better choice but doesn't look as cool as it loses the massive mega mega blaster thing! But I digress...

Thank you so much @HobbyHammer for selecting my MawKrusha to be featured on your Miniature Showcase page, I'm totally blown away at the love this chap has been getting, it really does inspire me to keep churning out the Orruks to my very best standard!

For those of you who are interested in how I achieved the finish I go in to a lot of detail in the article so feel free to have a look: http://hobbyhammer.com/search/label/showcase

Warning, you might want to buy shares in Agrax Earthshade...

Anyway thanks again Sean, I can't wait to see which model/models make it on to the thread!

36 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Thank you so much @HobbyHammer for selecting my MawKrusha to be featured on your Miniature Showcase page, I'm totally blown away at the love this chap has been getting, it really does inspire me to keep churning out the Orruks to my very best standard!

For those of you who are interested in how I achieved the finish I go in to a lot of detail in the article so feel free to have a look: http://hobbyhammer.com/search/label/showcase

Warning, you might want to buy shares in Agrax Earthshade...

Anyway thanks again Sean, I can't wait to see which model/models make it on to the thread!

No worries dude! Had great fun ogling over the pictures you sent me! and great answers too in the interview! Pleasure

So, not much to talk about in recent weeks as work and real life has taken priority over my hobby time :(

But, a week off work and a looming deadline for getting the army ready for Alliance on 7th August has helped kickstart my Ironjaws project :)

As the event is using the Generals Handbook I have decided to run a pure Ironjaws list (I'll quickly find out how competitive that will be!). I have settled on the following list:

• Gordrakk Fist of Gork (700)
  • Weirdnob Shaman (120)
  • Warchanter (80)
  • Gorefist Formation (120)
  • 9 X Gore Gruntas (540)
  • Ironfist Formation (60)
  • 5 X Orruk Brutes (180)
  • 10 X Orruk Ardboyz (180)
  • total (1980)

This list meant busting out the paint brushes and getting some models built and painted. First things first I started on the Gore Gruntas, with only three painted I built 6 and have spent the first half of the week working my way through them.

As usual I have spent an absolute age fully painting the minis ensuring I get all the base colours laid down. Once done I use a heavy wash of Agrax Earthshade to shade the entire miniature.

The next few days I'll be working on highlighting up all the colours and adding the detail.

Stop by tomorrow for the next update.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the list too so feel free to post any comments below.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Mitzy, big fan of your work here.

Anymore tips you'd like to dole out, especially for painting colors like turquoise (armor or fur), dat yellow armor, and orc-flesh?  

I envy folks that get to play that striking army--I assume you're over in merry ol' England??  I figure it would be harder to steal your thunder from way over in Minneapolis, MN, & I'm a beginning painter desperately looking for inspiration, & advice as painting still intimidates me.  

(Edited for clarity)

4 hours ago, Mitzy said:

• Gordrakk Fist of Gork (700)
  • Weirdnob Shaman (120)
  • Warchanter (80)
  • Gorefist Formation (120)
  • 9 X Gore Gruntas (540)
  • Ironfist Formation (60)
  • 5 X Orruk Brutes (180)
  • 10 X Orruk Ardboyz (180)
  • total (1980)

Hey @Mitzy,

I agree with @Dotification and @ChippyRick - this army is look great and has some real character.

Now unfortunately, I don't have my books to hand or anything, but I think you might have a bit of an illegal list there brother :( 

If I remember correctly you need 3-5 units to form an Ironfist and you only have two there with the Brutes and Ardboyz (the 3 Gore-gruntas are required to complete the Gorefist).

If I am right (it may just be that I've always used 3+ myself), a simple fix is to downgrade Gordrakk to a regular Cabbage freeing up 180 points for another Battleline unit of your choosing to fill out the Ironfist.

For your sakes, I hope I'm wrong!!

Chris

That is annoying. found this a but recently when you think you have got a good list then your missing something or forgot the points for the Batallion! Or worst, the Batallion points puts you 20 points over :( looking at you Everchosen book!! lol.

I know @Chris Tomlin has mentioned a few times in chats that dropping Gordrakk for the "little cabbage" gives you the right points from an additional battleline unit. shame but looking at the list not sure what else you would do with the 2 Batallions.

Archived