Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so tonight I present the latest Orruk to join the ranks, Warchanta Warzag. His beatz are known throughout Mitzmanheim.

Edit: I just noticed that his teeth aren't painted... That's what considering a mini complete at 2am does for you!!! Photo will be edited tonight

image.png

image.png

Ok so the troll unit is complete, I really love how this unit looks, is has a real tough brawler look about it. I think it will have to be used as a "Too dumb to die" Sourbreath troll unit as they just look like they could stick out a good rumble and still be standing at the end of the night :)

image.png

image.png

Finally this evening I have managed to get the MawKrusha's body and wings finished and they have now been liberally bathed in good old Agrax Earthshade wash. It is worth noting at this point that I literally pour Agrax over every mini I paint. It doesn't matter what I'm painting our what colour it is, it gets Agraxed... I really love the earthy tones it gives each mini.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Next up its the Gore-Gruntas I've built 1 of the 6 I have (I think 9 is the optimum unit size so I may be adding more...). Anyway I simply love these minis, the size of them is immense and they are really going to look great thundering accross the battlefield soon!

image.png

So hobby time was very much restricted last night so I only managed to build the other two Gore Gruntas and sadly didn't get more paint on the MawKrusha. I love the unit of Pig Boyz they look so menacing, they will get undercoated white and then I'll get the Turquoise fur airbrushed on to the Pigz ready for all the other base coats. There is so much detail on the minis that the airbrush will really get in to all those hard to reach areas that the brush won't get to.

I also started putting the Brutes together, boy there is a serious amount of components to them, I sat for 4 hours and only got 2 Gruntas and 2 Brutes built (not sure if I'm a slow builder or not but they seem to take forever to put together).

Anyway here's a photo of the finished Waaaghh

IMG_20160507_074516.jpg

Regarding putting together models I'd say taking your time is better than rushing, that way you don't spot horrible mould lines when you come to paint.

The Maw-Krusha looks really good without the wings! Although better with, loving the paint job on him so far

Wing membranes done, turquoise has had its first highlight, should get the skin finished tonight, then it's the details including all 677 spines/horns (Seems GW have gone from skulls to horns)...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Afternoon folks, so for those of you who missed the news on Twitter, I decided that the MawKrusha needed the Turquoise body colour breaking up and following a direct request from Dictator Ming (@Thornshield) for the big blue brute to have white stripes like my Pig Boyz I sprang in to action and decorated the beast. I think you will agree that the stripes have really broken up the monotony of the turquoise and will tie different beast units together as the army grows. I'm really happy with how this model is coming together, however I now need to push on and get him finished for a group game on the 20th May where he will be leading the forces of destruction to war. #iloveadeadline

Anyway other progress was made on the first unit of 3 Gore Gruntas which have now been undercoated white and the Turquoise base coat has been airbrushed on the the piggyz (photo to follow). Thanks for all your interest in my little greenskin project it really does motivate me to improve and progress.  

2016-05-09 21.26.06.jpg

2016-05-09 21.26.20.jpg

2016-05-09 21.25.50.jpg

On 5/12/2016 at 7:43 AM, Walverine56 said:

Love the colours of the maw crusha.

Could you post a pic of the combined destruction army so far with the ogres and Orruks.

Good Shout.... Yes I think I might be able to do that! I'll get some photos up over the weekend.

And he's finished... I finally managed to get the Big Blue Brute finished in time to post him on Twitter as my #miniaturemonday. It seems he is well liked by the community as he was liked over 100+ times (my biggest ever tweet response) which is great. I'm super pleased with the results, the MawKrusha really is a great model to put together and paint (although the build is slightly more technical than others out there). But the results really speak for themselves. Now he's done I can concentrate on the 12 Gore Gruntas I have (3 of which are on the painting table as I type so stand by for updates...

2016-05-16 23.18.30.png

2016-05-16 23.19.32.png

Fantastic work bro!

Always a fan of your work Mitzy and these are right up there with the best. Really inspirational stuff, would love to get a game against these at a Tournament!

Love the colours chosen for the Maw-Krusha, currently mulling over a few options for mine, though I think I want to get some Brutes done first before treating myself to him.

Keep up the good work :) 

On 12 May 2016 at 7:43 AM, Walverine56 said:

Love the colours of the maw crusha.

Could you post a pic of the combined destruction army so far with the ogres and Orruks.

Ok so here goes, a photo of the MawKrusha with his minions:

image.png

4 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Fantastic work bro!

Always a fan of your work Mitzy and these are right up there with the best. Really inspirational stuff, would love to get a game against these at a Tournament!

Love the colours chosen for the Maw-Krusha, currently mulling over a few options for mine, though I think I want to get some Brutes done first before treating myself to him.

Keep up the good work :) 

High praise indeed Chris, how about you get your ****** to RAW in November and we cram a game in? Would be great to finally get a fixture against you, maybe for shots of vodka (because I know you love them ;) )??? 

12 hours ago, Mitzy said:

High praise indeed Chris, how about you get your ****** to RAW in November and we cram a game in? Would be great to finally get a fixture against you, maybe for shots of vodka (because I know you love them ;) )??? 

You're an animal Mitzy! I'm in.

I contacted Ming a while ago so am pretty sure I'll be seeing you boyz at RAW! I'll have to get you lot on the podcast nearer the time to talk about it if interested? If you have a group chat or something let the rest of them know and we'll sort it.

Anyway, get back to painting your Orruks! What's next?

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

You're an animal Mitzy! I'm in.

I contacted Ming a while ago so am pretty sure I'll be seeing you boyz at RAW! I'll have to get you lot on the podcast nearer the time to talk about it if interested? If you have a group chat or something let the rest of them know and we'll sort it.

Anyway, get back to painting your Orruks! What's next?

Definitely would be great to get on a show to talk RAW... We'll chat nearer the time for sure! Next up on the table are the Gore Gruntas (aka the Pig Boyz), #wipwednesday

2016-05-17 23.53.45.jpg

Looks like you've made a solid start there...you're hammering through this stuff. Like the blue fur a lot. Good shout to tie them in. Are you laying down base colours across the entire model and giving them the same wash all over?

I think I will have to pick a couple of boxes of these boyz up at some point!

Perhaps you should change you profile pic to a green filter, better befitting of your Orruk-y nature! ;) 

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Are you laying down base colours across the entire model and giving them the same wash all over?

Yes mate, that's how I have painted all of my miniatures, I also only use Agrax Earthshade (wash of the gods) the only time I use other washes is watered down with Lahmian Medium for specific small area glazes (like under eye sockets and stuff like that). I tend to by Agrax in bulk :)

Agrax.jpg

Archived