The Great TGA Christmas Thread!

Overread

Merry Christmas one and all! For all who celebrate this time of feasting and festive cheer and for all who might not celebrate ,but who can share in the giving and receiving and copious food and gifts (or store discounts the day after ;)). 

I hope you've all had a great time, even those of us who might be trapped at work or far from family I wish you all a Merry Christmas 

And also lets share what we got! The hobby loots are always good to hear about :)

Myself got a Daughters of Khaine Battleforce! More khinari, more witches and more snakes!!! 

The best present that I got was the announcement of a battletome for a niche subfaction that I have played since the 90s and that I never expected to become a full-fledged faction.

It took over 25 years, but Games Workshop finally figured out the best present to give me!

I bought myself a half-off Shattered Dominion objectives set, and from my wife I got a pack of Runewars Rune Golems to use as "counts as" Kurnoth Hunters for my upcoming Dwarf skirmish warband.

I was going to go and blow some Christmas bonus money on the rest of the Dwarf warband (a Runelord, a box of Ironbreakers and probably the Chosen Axes, or at least the bitz for a couple of Vulkite Berzerkers to be used as more 'normal' slayers) but I promised myself I would paint the dozen or so models I need to get my other three warbands up to snuff, first before I dig myself further into a backlog.

My lovely Lady Wife received an Arkanaut Company and some Stormcast Liberators.  She gifted me with a PlagueClaw Catapult which will be built into a Warp Lightning Cannon to go along with my Clan Skryre forces (got a Doomwheel and Spiteclaw's Swarm for my birthday in November) :)

My girlfriend was kind enough to present me with a Lord of Change, and I had the good fortune from a gift exchange at our local Warhammer store receive a second one as well. Other gifts included the Admech battleforce, two boxes of Chaos Warriors, a Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot, an Ironstrider Ballistarius, the Beasts of Chaos Endless Spells, and the GW paint storage box.

I think I will be spending all of 2019 painting. I don't even want to look at the backlog of models.

21 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Very hobby light for me (had visitors and family bits to contend with) and hobby loot was fairly light too - a few books and other supplies.  I clearly need to finish more stuff before I'll get more xD

The true sign your family loves you ;) 
(At least that's what i'm telling myself)

I got a dremel and a new hand drill for pinning. Pretty excited for that as I have an exalted greater daemon of slaanesh that my friend gave me that is dire need of pinning and green stuffing.

I got both the large paint handle and the smaller paint handle with Doc Oct arms. 

Model wise, I got Phoenix terminators, Mark 4 marines, and a start collecting of Slaanesh. I bought a Wrath and Rapture half as a xmas gift to myself.

I personally can't wait to paint up the pair of Rune Golems from Runewars I got as a gift, which I have been meaning to get for a long time.  They fit together absolutely perfectly, and it's a bit of a shame they are more like boardgame plastic than HIPs like GW minis, but I think with a strong-bonding primer like Armypainter uses they will work just fine.

I'm working on a Duardin warband for skirmish, and I will be basing them on 50mm rounds and using them as allied-in Kurnoth Hunters.  A human comes up abut to their waist.  Now I just need to grab a box of Ironbreakers with my Xmas bonus fun-money, as they will work great as the core of a warband to make 6x Ironbreakers, 3x Irondrakes, and a Warden King from just one box.

rwm04-07_preview1.png

Archived