Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ManlyMuppet88

What setting would you like for future WHQ releases?

What it says on the box. Assuming that GW release more WHQ games set in the mortal realms, what setting would you like to see?

I’d love a Sylvaneth themed forest or a Goblin infested cave system. 

There's a lot to be said for the dungeon flexibility (and many of the design ideas) of Blackstone fortress. How about going to the Realm of Chaos, and taking the fight to them?

• Like 1

I think anything magical makes it really easy to design the shifting mazes, so could be anything. 

But I like how hammerhal showed something significant. So I would vote for:

- Slaanesh (chaos) warriors on the hunt between dimensions, fighting their way to the caged Slaanesh. 

- a city in Ulgu. Endless secrets to discover, great chance for new models, it’s the realm of illusions so it can change all the time. 

- a witch hunt in an Azyr of Hush city. Just because of lore and de potential of cultist models like those in Blackstone Fortress 😍

- or inside a cogfort. Because come on!! How awesome would that be. Fluff wise chaos taken hold of the fortress it’s out of control running towards a city. It’s basically a train heist. Throwing enemies of the moving ford, entering by jumping off gryph Chargers onto the fort. Okay I’m off to watch that moving city movie, bye now! 

• Like 1

Whilst it does feel a bit reductive, your standard cave/dungeon setup does offer a lot of scope/flexibility for generative encounters, just need to throw in some interesting rooms to go with a load of windy tunnels and assembled in myriad ways.

I’m hoping when I get back to BXL there might be the Kill Team starter set waiting for me. Once I’ve had a few goes I was actually interested in not just using the Black Fortress models as a KT force but also maybe the tiles as well to create enclosed spaces for KT battles.

Sure someone’s already tried it but not seen anything (though can’t say I’ve looked hard). Could be cool to try the same with dungeon/cave tiles for Skirmish level AoS games.

No chaos. Too much chaos, all the time.

Either Death (with plastic updated vampires as exclusive minis), or Destruction (including a good panel of green skins). Like Descent v2 alternating outdoor and indoor (cave, mausoleum, maze...)

• Like 1

Any of the other factions than Order adventuring against Order faction units....  (e.g. <Non-Order> vs Deepkin)

Alternately, Adversary Cards for all factions. IE Death, Destruction and most of all Order. 

It would allow you to play any scenario where you have good and bad versions of the same side ... (Fyreslayers vs Fyreslayers) and play put some of the book scenarios.

A jungle in the realm of life. Using a system like blackstone where The initial cards are exploring the jungle and then the battle cards are eg temples, villages etc to explore

20 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

No chaos. Too much chaos, all the time.

If you exclude the skaven forces I’ll happily agree with you.😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Well, a skaven centered WHQ with some exclusive minis to prepare for their future battletome would be very cool and deserved as they are iconic

2020 will be the Chinese year of the rat, not that I’m expecting GW to base their marketing strategies around zodiacal signs but would be a surreptitious time to drop a Skaven BT (though obviously that’s not much succour if you’re desperate for one now).

The Cogforts seem to have grabbed everyone’s imagination. Kinda like the idea of a set where the “sides” are reversed too - nobody is the villain in their own story.

Skaven/Grotz as hardcore environmentalists boarding and sabotaging a cogfort that is busy destroying acres of forested land whilst burning fossil fuels and extracting realmstone would be an extraordinary twist worthy of several chef’s kisses.

• Like 1

Honestly I think what Hammerhal showed was that WHQ can have a hub zone (Cinderfall) and then have dungeons coming off that. What I'd like to see is a city zone with expandable dungeons/adventures coming off it. That way you can have a Chaos, Destruction or Death dungeons. A simple but flexible cave tileset, a flexible underground ruins set, a detailed map and maybe a realm of chaos tileset for that once in a while when the game takes you through a realm gate :)

This is real wish listing but right now I'm fascinated with Ghur and the Crawling City. I'd love to see that, it has interesting and varied Humans, Skaven, Duardin and was liberated by SCE. It's also moving so that mechanic would give reason for teh different dungeons. 

• Like 1

Well, after watching the Gloomspite Gits lore trailer I think the Fungal Asylum would make for a pretty cool setting.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well, I've been waiting for a WQ game against the dead since Malign Portents was announced. I'd really like new Deathrattle and Soulblight mini's to debut in such a game.  

But I'd also love it if they give us a Vermintide type of experience in the next WQ with lots of new Skaven miniatures. 

• Like 1