What setting would you like for future WHQ releases?

ManlyMuppet88

I think anything magical makes it really easy to design the shifting mazes, so could be anything. 

But I like how hammerhal showed something significant. So I would vote for:

- Slaanesh (chaos) warriors on the hunt between dimensions, fighting their way to the caged Slaanesh. 

- a city in Ulgu. Endless secrets to discover, great chance for new models, it’s the realm of illusions so it can change all the time. 

- a witch hunt in an Azyr of Hush city. Just because of lore and de potential of cultist models like those in Blackstone Fortress 😍

- or inside a cogfort. Because come on!! How awesome would that be. Fluff wise chaos taken hold of the fortress it’s out of control running towards a city. It’s basically a train heist. Throwing enemies of the moving ford, entering by jumping off gryph Chargers onto the fort. Okay I’m off to watch that moving city movie, bye now! 

• Like 2

Whilst it does feel a bit reductive, your standard cave/dungeon setup does offer a lot of scope/flexibility for generative encounters, just need to throw in some interesting rooms to go with a load of windy tunnels and assembled in myriad ways.

I’m hoping when I get back to BXL there might be the Kill Team starter set waiting for me. Once I’ve had a few goes I was actually interested in not just using the Black Fortress models as a KT force but also maybe the tiles as well to create enclosed spaces for KT battles.

Sure someone’s already tried it but not seen anything (though can’t say I’ve looked hard). Could be cool to try the same with dungeon/cave tiles for Skirmish level AoS games.

Any of the other factions than Order adventuring against Order faction units....  (e.g. <Non-Order> vs Deepkin)

Alternately, Adversary Cards for all factions. IE Death, Destruction and most of all Order. 

It would allow you to play any scenario where you have good and bad versions of the same side ... (Fyreslayers vs Fyreslayers) and play put some of the book scenarios.

2020 will be the Chinese year of the rat, not that I’m expecting GW to base their marketing strategies around zodiacal signs but would be a surreptitious time to drop a Skaven BT (though obviously that’s not much succour if you’re desperate for one now).

Honestly I think what Hammerhal showed was that WHQ can have a hub zone (Cinderfall) and then have dungeons coming off that. What I'd like to see is a city zone with expandable dungeons/adventures coming off it. That way you can have a Chaos, Destruction or Death dungeons. A simple but flexible cave tileset, a flexible underground ruins set, a detailed map and maybe a realm of chaos tileset for that once in a while when the game takes you through a realm gate :)

This is real wish listing but right now I'm fascinated with Ghur and the Crawling City. I'd love to see that, it has interesting and varied Humans, Skaven, Duardin and was liberated by SCE. It's also moving so that mechanic would give reason for teh different dungeons. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been waiting for a WQ game against the dead since Malign Portents was announced. I'd really like new Deathrattle and Soulblight mini's to debut in such a game.  

But I'd also love it if they give us a Vermintide type of experience in the next WQ with lots of new Skaven miniatures. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As last year was more or less "the year of the Death faction" for AOS, I was really expecting something like Silver tower with death model.

Something that may fit silver tower random generated dungeon like "WHQ - Nagash black pyramid" with deathrattle opponent  or, after reading Soul War, "WHQ - Glymmsforge labyrinth" with nighhaunt opponents or even, due to malign portent dread solstices events "WHQ - Nagash prisons" with more or less anything you want as the story just let you know that lot of old powerfull long prisoner were released.

But nothing so far, so I really fear that GW missed a cool opportunity here.

Now, I cant stop hopping (even if almost sure that it wont happened), that something cool between WHQ and AoS RPG could get out. People in charge of the AoS RPG already confirmed that it will be possible to play it with models. So I cant avoid expecting something between WHQ - SoH and a AoS RPG "scenario box" to be released on day. Could be ore easy than pure RPG (and ideally without need of dedicated GM) with some stuff like tiles/maps and minis... But I know that i will probably never happened.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An anti-Order version of Warhammer Quest: breaking into Azyr. A skaven gnawhole? A small band of ne'er-do-wells somehow accessing an Azyr realmgate? Several Order citizens going where they shouldn't and earning Sigmar's ire?  Whatever the case, a harrowing journey fighting off Azyrite star-beasts, Devoted of Sigmar defenders, and as-yet-undisclosed Stormcast Eternals who guard precious secrets... definitely a fresh take on the formula.

I started writing a supplement for Silver Tower that was Sylvaneth based. Never got much beyond brain-storming. That theme was picked mainly because I have a Sylvaneth army and so a ready mix of adversaries.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more fan-made supplements for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I would almost like a direct update from the Original WQ to the modern WQ.  Same cast of characters models. 
I have two other things in mind as well one is a maze with some kind of big monster pushing the party on, so they  have to continue to what ever the end is. 
The other thing, and they could of course be related, is something in the theme of the second hellraiser movie. Not overly different from the other idea but with the new Slaanesh line on the way it came to mind. 
I had also thought about some kind of dungeon dive where the party was all Orcs.  "Orcs in the Underworld" I hadn't got past thinking up a fun title for it.
I just finished painting the Silver Tower set and am about to start painting the SoH set. Have yet to play so I don't know if my ideas can't already be played