AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

7 hours ago, Matt Large said:

There's nothing in the ruling on the warscroll that says it can only be done on the turn they are destroyed... it says "at the end of each of your turns, you can pick one unit of Stabbas or Shootas that has been destroyed".  That isn't the same as something like "at the end of a turn in which a unit of Stabbas or Shootas was destroyed", which I think is how you are interpreting it. 

No I favour playing it RAW as you described but it just seems a bit weird that my opponent could have brought back half the unit after his entire army had been wiped out.

Edited by Screwface

8 hours ago, Molochmaschine said:

I come to you, friends and neighbors, in desperation. 

I love the gloomspite gitz a ton. They vibe with me utterly, and I was given a gift of 20 grot stabbas that I can’t wait to paint. I get so, SO obsessive about this stuff though, so I was hoping someone with a bit more experience could tell me if I’m making a tragic mistake. 

I’ve put together a 1k point list that’s as much painting goal as anything, and all I need, all I want, is for some to tell me wether this is a useless, wasted army.  If I could use this list to some effect, I would finally be able to relax again. Here it is:

-

fungoid cave shaman 90

loonboss on manglers 300

-

Stabbas (x20) 130

Squig Herd (x12) 140

-

loonsmasha fanatics (x5) 140

Boingrot bounderz (x10) 200

-

1000/1000 on the nose. 

Help me, friends. I have nowhere else to turn and information is scarce. 

Your list seems to be very deadly! If you want to make it fightier you can swap one of the Squigs Herd for Snufflers. 

Their ability to plus 1 attacks can be awesome, given to your small unit of Squigs or Mangler or Bounderz! 

Plus the models look great!

Plus you can put fanatics in them, to the surprise of your enemy who thought it was in your stabbas!!!! 

Hand of Gork those Snufflers and your enemy might just think that you wanna use their special ability. Then unleash your fanatics!!

Edited by gnaleinad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ChatBatFun said:

I’ve been thinking about the sneaky snufflers looncap mushrooms ability,  can you  effectively do an unlimited about of 2d6 mortal wounds to friendly moonclan units?

So have I 😎. But they can only use it once per unit of Snufflers..

Having 4 units of Snufflers can really do a very deadly combo..

A block of 60 stabbas can take a 6d6 mortal for a +4 to their attacks.

That's gonna be 63 attacks just from the netters.

The trick here is to get those 60 stabbas within 12".

• Like 1

I’m taking the gitz to a small 1k point tournament this weekend. It’s going to be on 4x4 boards and I know there’s going to be horde lists, DoK and plague monks, amongst other things.  I think I’ve settled on this list:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder  
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
24 x Squig Herd (280)

Units
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

the plan is to hand of gork the squigs into the enemy’s backfield and use the grots as a tar pit in the mid board. Then cast the mushroom where it’ll do the most damage and try to snipe characters with the green spite and the spiteful prodded. Use the fanatics to delay charges.  

Thoughts? I was tempted to bring bounders and a mangler but I’m concerned they’d get overwhelmed by hordes. 

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. This is my list so far. I'm missing a hero to put an artifact on, and 370 points. 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur 
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Squig Rider Stampede (140)

Total: 1630 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 8
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 134

I have a couple options in mind. 

>Snufflers - Could take two of them. Buff the manglers or herds so they actually do some decent damage.

>Mork's Mighty Mushroom - Really nice area denial/horde killer. Slightly difficult to cast at a 6, and would like to have another caster as well. 

>12 more squigs to each unit -  Probably the most braindead decision but hey, its another 12 wounds so whatever. Squigzz

>Dankhold Troggboss - Expensive but strong as hell. Access to -2 rend, and can be really hard to kill. Bit of an investment though. 

>Madcap/Fungoid - Another caster is always nice, and with the Madcap I can take the Mommet and give out -1 rend to stuff within range. Probably use in addition to Mork's and use Itchy Nuisance for the second spell. 

What do you guys think? 

I feel most lists benefit from at least 2 casters. Another shaman would give you some more utility and is cheap as chips. After that I’d do a boss on Squig and another set of Squig riders (think that should fit, don’t have my book on hand) this is just for more consistency of command abilities and objective scoring. If you are worried about drops then I’d just up Squig units like you said and still add at least the boss on Squig 

EDIT:  Emailed GW customer services. They said it's in metal. Going to make converting harder, but it's only £6, so probably worth the risk.

Anyone know if this guy comes as finecast or metal?

Considering putting another grot on top of that little "platform". Having it in finecast means it'll be much easier to mess about with.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Moonclan-Grot-Warboss

"This set contains 1 Grot Warboss armed with Moon-slicer and is supplied with a 25mm square base.

This miniature is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Super Glue and Citadel Paints."

99060209176_NightGoblinwithGreatAxeNEW01

Edited by a74xhx

Mangler Squigs with or without Loonboss.  Trying to decide and maybe can get some insight from those with more knowledge.

I'm only planning on having one unit of Boingrot Bounders and 1 or 2 squig herd units.  (Not sure if I'm going to combine or split them)  If that's all I have or even if less, is the extra pop of the Loonboss worth it, when I probably won't get a lot of action out of his command ability or should I shave the points and go with a base Mangler?

47 minutes ago, InfernalStone said:

Mangler Squigs with or without Loonboss.  Trying to decide and maybe can get some insight from those with more knowledge.

I'm only planning on having one unit of Boingrot Bounders and 1 or 2 squig herd units.  (Not sure if I'm going to combine or split them)  If that's all I have or even if less, is the extra pop of the Loonboss worth it, when I probably won't get a lot of action out of his command ability or should I shave the points and go with a base Mangler?

I've played a couple games with the mangler boss and really like the "Fight another day" command trait and then a protection artefact, usually -1 to hit (clammy cowl or gryphfeather charm is better) but now thinking about a mortal wound save instead since I've taken more wounds from magic than melee given that Fight Another Day allows you to leave combat before getting hit.   The command ability is great but not as critical a factor as the command trait.

If you're not wanting to give the mangler boss the fight another day command trait, then I'm not sure  it's worth the extra 60 points so would suggest the regular mangler. 

11 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Considering putting another grot on top of that little "platform". Having it in finecast means it'll be much easier to mess about with.

What little platform?? 

1 hour ago, InfernalStone said:

Seems like it would be quite an easy magnetization project even for a beginner. Just put a magnet under the buts.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, a74xhx said:

EDIT:  Emailed GW customer services. They said it's in metal. Going to make converting harder, but it's only £6, so probably worth the risk.

Anyone know if this guy comes as finecast or metal?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Moonclan-Grot-Warboss

"This set contains 1 Grot Warboss armed with Moon-slicer and is supplied with a 25mm square base.

This miniature is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Super Glue and Citadel Paints."

99060209176_NightGoblinwithGreatAxeNEW01

Metal mate, I recently bought one myself for my Gloomspite!

14 hours ago, sorokyl said:

What little platform?? 

Wasn't quite sure how to describe it. The horizontal piece of wood above the Warboss' head with the two skulls on either side. I'd like to stick a stabba body standing on top of that, between the skulls.  I suspect he'll not quite fit, which means getting more creative.

1 hour ago, Troggboss GorGor said:

Metal mate, I recently bought one myself for my Gloomspite!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, a74xhx said:

I'd like to stick a stabba body standing on top of that, between the skulls.  I suspect he'll not quite fit, which means getting more creative.

I don't think it would look very good. They are similar in size and the stabbas pose is too static for standing on a pole.  I agree a snotling would work better, and you can find them in various kits as extra bits. 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, williegoat said:

LEADERS:
70pts        Loonboss
70pts        Loonboss (Aetherquartz brooch)
90pts        Fungoid Cave Shaman    Spell:  Itchy Nuisance
220 pts    Skragrott The Loonking  GENERAL Spell: Hand of Gork

Battleline:
70pts        6 model Squig herd
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)

Other Units:
200pts    10 Boingrot Bounders
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
120pts    5 Sporesplatta  Fanatics
70pts      6 Sneaky snufflers

Endless Spells:
40pts     Geminids

1950 pts 

I really love this list! Well rounded.

Did you feel like you benefitted from the extra CP or had enough from Skragrott and Fungoid?

I really want to justify bringing in Sneaky Snufflers and Sporesplattas because I love their abilities, but I’m worried about how they hold up. Only example I have seen with Sporespallats is MWG  easily out in T1. How did the 2 do with longevity for you? 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, Killacat said:

I have a game against flesh eater courts and 1000 points this Saturday and was hoping for some feedback on my list. Also not sure which artifact to take. 

leaders-

loonboss on mangler -300 points

-fight another day

Fungoid cave shaman- 90 points

battleline- 

cave squigs (x12) - 140 points

cave squigs (x6) - 70 points

other units- 

bounderz (x10) - 200 points

bounderz (x10) - 200 points

1000/1000

I feel inclined as you do to take Fight Another Day with Loonboss on Mangler for the CT. It is just so strong on him. However, the models so tall he is an easy line of sight wherever he is. So if your feigned retreat is 2D6 your definitely getting shot at, perfect target for <18” power houses like Ballistas. I really feel like you have to take Clammy Cowl on him -1 to all hits for your artifact. Now FEC doesn’t have shooting, but I have to bet that they take a terrorghiest who is going to flap down on you. With only 2 hero’s and your fungoid held back generating command points, you really want to do what you can to keep the mangler alive while staying offensive. He isn’t going to remove a full unit of crypt ghouls on first try so they are regenerating. Your goal to be to hit the terrorgheist hard and weather his inevitable T2 hit back. Trying it out next week but the Facehammer guys really pounded that one into my head. If you do, I think you try your best to get him falling back towards and obejective and replacing the target with bounderz on the charge. My list for a tournament on the 9th puts hand of gork on the wizard so I can get my cave squigs to that objective too. Then you can use the Loonboss Manglers Bite Da Moon for +1 to wound and you should have 2-3 squig units within 18”. 

Edited by TailoredTackle
spelling

23 minutes ago, TailoredTackle said:

I really love this list! Well rounded.

Did you feel like you benefitted from the extra CP or had enough from Skragrott and Fungoid?

I really want to justify bringing in Sneaky Snufflers and Sporesplattas because I love their abilities, but I’m worried about how they hold up. Only example I have seen with Sporespallats is MWG  easily out in T1. How did the 2 do with longevity for you? 

I felt like I had plenty of CP.   there’s not a lot of punch in the list but I still like it.   

The sporeolatta help the grots and snuggles can put their buff on the bounders.

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Why not a Snotling?

53 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I don't think it would look very good. They are similar in size and the stabbas pose is too static for standing on a pole.  I agree a snotling would work better, and you can find them in various kits as extra bits. 

Hmm... yeah. I'll have a look, see what's out there. I'm new to all things destruction and all things small and green, so not quite sure what there is out there.

Advantage I have with Stabba, is that now I've used one somewhere else as an extra, I've got 19 left to use up elsewhere :)

2 minutes ago, williegoat said:

I felt like I had plenty of CP.   there’s not a lot of punch in the list but I still like it.   

The sporeolatta help the grots and snuggles can put their buff on the bounders.

Yeah I get the break out, so your keeping the splattas  behind the unit for the +1 attacks? For 140 I feel like I have to keep them uprfront so they can use the screening ability. But then they just get shot off by T1/T2 with a 6+ save 1 wound. Assume it would be cheaper to just use 2x snufflers for the same buff purpose.