AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, williegoat said:

I won against a mixed destruction list of Ogres and Beastclaw and then a game against a Beast of chaos list.  Realm spells helped me against the Beastclaw player.  The Beast of Chaos came down to me just being more experienced on the mission.

A unit of 30 girls killed 70 goblins when they had their buffs up. ( Mindrazor, reroll hits of 1 and all to wound.) I've yet to win against DoK since they came out last spring regardless of the army I'm playing. Again, this DoK player is really good and I play against him all the time. Just can't crack the code to beat them.

What was in your list? 

I'm going to a tournament soon and not being an experienced AOS player insight is a wonderful thing

18 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

What was in your list? 

I'm going to a tournament soon and not being an experienced AOS player insight is a wonderful thing

LEADERS:
70pts        Loonboss
70pts        Loonboss (Aetherquartz brooch)
90pts        Fungoid Cave Shaman    Spell:  Itchy Nuisance
220 pts    Skragrott The Loonking  GENERAL Spell: Hand of Gork

Battleline:
70pts        6 model Squig herd
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)

Other Units:
200pts    10 Boingrot Bounders
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
120pts    5 Sporesplatta  Fanatics
70pts      6 Sneaky snufflers

Endless Spells:
40pts     Geminids

1950 pts 

• Like 2

I have a game against flesh eater courts and 1000 points this Saturday and was hoping for some feedback on my list. Also not sure which artifact to take. 

leaders-

loonboss on mangler -300 points

-fight another day

Fungoid cave shaman- 90 points

battleline- 

cave squigs (x12) - 140 points

cave squigs (x6) - 70 points

other units- 

bounderz (x10) - 200 points

1000/1000

5 minutes ago, Killacat said:

I have a game against flesh eater courts and 1000 points this Saturday and was hoping for some feedback on my list. Also not sure which artifact to take. 

leaders-

loonboss on mangler -300 points

-fight another day

Fungoid cave shaman- 90 points

battleline- 

cave squigs (x12) - 140 points

cave squigs (x6) - 70 points

other units- 

1000/1000

Aetherquartz brooch on the shaman, or gryph feather on the boss if realm artifacts are live.  I assume you are bringing squig lure on the shaman?

26 minutes ago, Killacat said:

I was gunna bring hand or gork or whatever cuz of the random movements of most the army

Doppleganger on the Mangler, T1 teleport it into his face then you can bounce back out of combat after his attack. If your opponent then tries to put a dragon or something into him the turn after doppleganger and retreat again?

Hey,

So I've wanted to start a new army with Gloomspite Gitz, but, I'm very new to playing the game and would love some help! So far I have the new fanatics, arachnorok spider, 10 grot spider riders, squig herd, fungoid cave shaman and squig hopper/bounderz as well as the gloomspite endless spells.

Here was the army I was thinking of

5 Sporesplatta Fanatics

10 Grot spider riders

1 Arachnorok spider

10 Boingrot Bounderz

6 Squig herd

1 Loonboss on Mangler squigs

1 Fungoid cave shaman

2 units of 40 stabbas

20 Shootas

And Morks mighty mushroom

Since I have no idea what's actually good that's just based off some research I've done. I would love to see what armies you guys would use. Thanks!

Here's a list I've thought up, its mostly abusing our easy access to -1 to hit, with some casting muscle in skragrot and some heavy hitters in the squigs and trolls;

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- 3x Barbed Nets
20 x Stabbas (130)
- 3x Barbed Nets

Units
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 162

General game plan is to drop the trolls somewhere annoying for your opponent and then put some goblin helpers with nets behind them, throw geminids on top and you have -3 to hit, can be put to -4 if playing in the realm of light, in addition you can do this with the colossal and the mangler boss.

P.S @PlasticCraic told you I was still writing lists ;)

Edited by Garuun
  • Like 1

Looks good!  Would you consider a switch from the Colossal + Fungoid for a Troggoth Hag, get another source of -1 to hit out there?

Also Frank is the most accident prone Squig in the Mortal Realms, I don't think I've seen him make it into combat yet without exploding in some comical fashion on the way in :D

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Looks good!  Would you consider a switch from the Colossal + Fungoid for a Troggoth Hag, get another source of -1 to hit out there?

Also Frank is the most accident prone Squig in the Mortal Realms, I don't think I've seen him make it into combat yet without exploding in some comical fashion on the way in :D

I’m already worried I’m not going to have enough punch to take stuff that needs to be dead in a turn, plus having a bunch of CP to be able to play away from the shrine is nice.

And you are damn right about Frank, but he will have his day!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garuun said:

I’m already worried I’m not going to have enough punch to take stuff that needs to be dead in a turn, plus having a bunch of CP to be able to play away from the shrine is nice.

And you are damn right about Frank, but he will have his day!

I like the list, but I feel that if you are going to invest that much in units of Stabbas that you should have access to "I'm da boss now stab em good".  I would consider for this list to downgrade the Loonboss on Mangler into a standard Mangler (yeah, you lose the -1 from the charm - oh well) and then add in a normal Loonboss to hang out with the grots.

@Skabnoze grots aren’t there to be damage dealers, sure I could drop a cheap hero in, but 90% of their job is to either lock people out of objectives or combo with the anvil units, but I’ll see what shuffling of points I can do, because giving the squigs +1 to wound feels pretty important when I play in a meta of  players that are big on debuffing the ****** out of each other peoples units.

Also I have one big unit of grots just to have something that I can recycle into a reasonable amount of bodies when it inevitably dies

Edited by Garuun

@Garuun that’s fair.  It’s your list so if you are happy with it then that’s great.  I personally just like everything to be an offensive threat if possible - just for the purpose of flexibility.  So for that reason I don’t think I will ever field large blocks of grots without a Loonboss for them.  But that is just my opinion.

Edited by Skabnoze

13 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

Are the Grot Scuttlings from Warhammer Quest: SilverTower included in the Gloomspite Gitz rulebook???

12 hours ago, novakai said:

unfortunately no

not sure why. but at least you can use the Scuttlings as proxy for Stabbas and Shootas

The same reason Deathrunners and Poison Wind Mortar Weapon Team are not in the Skaven book. GW will not put minis in a Battletome if they do not sell the mini on their website.  All these minis were in box sets on mixed sprues, there is no chance of the sculpts coming back. 

• Like 1

I asked this question in the rules section but no response. Any answers?

Re loonshrine: "Is there anything that stops you from bringing back the unit in a round other than the one in which they were destroyed. If so, could you even do this after your entire army was wiped out? Cheers..."

Putting together a Squig/Moonclan list with emphasis on Squigs (played moonclan/spiderfang/gitmob under destruction before the drop). I love the fun of squigs and my opponents have fun against them, but I also want to be competitive enough for local tournaments. Basically a list that is enjoyable for a friendly (on both sides) but if played to the best of my abilities can place above average in a mid-tier tourney. Competitive HA! An unfamiliar possibility for destruction players before the new battle tome. I have a 1000pt. Spider Fang unit, and while I personally believe they are the most competitive faction in the grouping, they are a bore to play with and have wrecked a lot of the friendly games I have played either with standalone spider or coupled with moonclan horde spam. Not interested in using any realm artefacts, keeping it to battle tome. Also, want to avoid endless spells, but could consider Morks Mighty Mushroom. These are just personal preferences, to each his own.

So here's what I am thinking for a 70% Squig 30% Moonclan List:

Leaders:

300pts Loonboss on Mangler Squigs GENERAL

• Command Ability: Fight Another Day (2D6 Move post Attack)
  • Artefact: The Clammy Cowl (-1 Hit Rolls)

70pts Loonboss

• Artefact: Spiteful Prodder (D3 Mortal on +5 Shooting)

80pts Madcap Shaman

• Spell: Great Green Spite (D6 Mortal from +20 Models)

90pts Fungoid Cave Shaman

• Spell: Hand of Gork (Teleport 9" from enemy)

Battleline:

360pts 60x Grots

140pts 12x Squig Herd

180pts 10x Squig Hoppers BATTALION

Behemoths:

240pts Mangler Squigs BATTALION

Other Units:

200pts 10x Boingrot Bounderz BATTALION

200pts 10x Boingrot Bounderz BATTALION

Battalion:

140pts Squig Rider Stampede (Re-roll Move)

2000 Point Total

Strategy on Paper:

Loonboss on Mangler: Bull rush flank (hopefully elite unit), attack and feigned retreat with Fight Another Day, hopefully getting back towards objective. Clammy cowl debuffing shooting post retreat. Bite da Moon used to buff squigs discussed below.

Squig Rider Battalion: Bull rush opposite flank. Throw mangler squigs in first towards middle. Line up Hoppers in front of Bounderz running both on turn 1. Hopefully positioned to jump hoppers over enemy (re-roll movement) in turn 2 and charge Bounderz locking enemy in. That way the Mangler & Bounderz can create a sandwich for hoppers to jump back and forth in movement through turns 3-5. Wondering why no one is talking about this sandwich strategy between Bounderz charge mortals and hoppers constant move mortals? Maybe looks better on paper but I think it could work with even 2 units of five each for smaller lists which I am trying this weekend.

Loonboss + Madcap + 60 Grots: Tar pit in the middle with TONS of mortals. Madcaps +7 Spite on 20 models dealing out D6 mortals and +5 shooting D3 Mortals with Prodder will happen once or twice by turn 4. Biggest component is the 70pt Loonboss cost for Stab em Good, 6 wound roll Mortals on 20-30 attacks on average (Spears line in 3s across 10-15 models).

Fungoid Cave Shaman + 12 Squigs: Shaman sitting back +4 for 1 command point generator, casting hand or gork to teleport 12 squigs onto objective closest to Loonboss Mangler buffing up with Bite da Moon +1 wound rolls to hold objective. Spending command point on Inspiring Presence for 12 squigs to prevent fleeing mortal wounds. If I can't get hand of gork to go off until turn 3, will be running grots towards it and teleport the squigs behind enemy lines to flee on hero/wizards.

Command Points: +2 to start with battalion +2-3 more extra from shaman giving 9-10 per game. 5 going to battleshock and 4-5 going to Stab em Good and Bite da Moon.

Major Issues with Strategy:

1.) Loonboss on Mangler is only buffing wounds to squig herd, not rider battalion. Also making the Loonboss Mangler and any other hero too far away from battalion for inspiring presence. May need to clump all Squig strategy to one side and all Grot strategy to another side. Less fun but more practical.

2.) Madcap Shaman + Loonboss both need to be visible for their mortal wound output. Easy sniping target with low wounds characteristics. May need to hide the Loonboss inside Grots without artefact to guarantee Stab em Good and buff the Madcap with Spiteshroom Artefact instead (-1 to Hits within 3") and hope he doesn't get shot.

3.) Outflank/Teleport is going to be tough against this if I can't get the Squig group engaged fast enough. Not worried at all about the Grots, they can just retreat forward and keep losing models. An advanced player would teleport behind the Bounderz and lock them in before charge. My hope is that the regular mangler is scary enough to prevent this. If not, the mangler can intervene and let the Bounderz retreat forward.

4.) 7 Drop army with Battalion. Maybe add in Squigalanche to make it a 5 drop army with Moonclan but I am not benefitting enough from the extra artefacts and the -2 to drop isn't enough. Only way I could see using mega battalion is to list full squigs for the 1 drop but still won't have enough hero's in that case to benefit from the artefacts. Kind of stuck with a 5-10 drop list if I want to play all these awesome units.

Did I give enough detail :) What do you guys think?

On 2/16/2019 at 10:47 PM, Screwface said:

Re loonshrine: "Is there anything that stops you from bringing back the unit in a round other than the one in which they were destroyed. If so, could you even do this after your entire army was wiped out? Cheers..."

you roll at the end of every turn for each destroyed unit, as per the loonshrine warscroll

I come to you, friends and neighbors, in desperation. 

I love the gloomspite gitz a ton. They vibe with me utterly, and I was given a gift of 20 grot stabbas that I can’t wait to paint. I get so, SO obsessive about this stuff though, so I was hoping someone with a bit more experience could tell me if I’m making a tragic mistake. 

I’ve put together a 1k point list that’s as much painting goal as anything, and all I need, all I want, is for some to tell me wether this is a useless, wasted army.  If I could use this list to some effect, I would finally be able to relax again. Here it is:

-

fungoid cave shaman 90

loonboss on manglers 300

-

Stabbas (x20) 130

Squig Herd (x12) 140

-

loonsmasha fanatics (x5) 140

Boingrot bounderz (x10) 200

-

1000/1000 on the nose. 

Help me, friends. I have nowhere else to turn and information is scarce. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, Screwface said:

There's nothing in the ruling on the warscroll that says it can only be done on the turn they are destroyed... it says "at the end of each of your turns, you can pick one unit of Stabbas or Shootas that has been destroyed".  That isn't the same as something like "at the end of a turn in which a unit of Stabbas or Shootas was destroyed", which I think is how you are interpreting it. 

2 hours ago, Molochmaschine said:

I come to you, friends and neighbors, in desperation. 

I love the gloomspite gitz a ton. They vibe with me utterly, and I was given a gift of 20 grot stabbas that I can’t wait to paint. I get so, SO obsessive about this stuff though, so I was hoping someone with a bit more experience could tell me if I’m making a tragic mistake. 

I’ve put together a 1k point list that’s as much painting goal as anything, and all I need, all I want, is for some to tell me wether this is a useless, wasted army.  If I could use this list to some effect, I would finally be able to relax again. Here it is:

-

fungoid cave shaman 90

loonboss on manglers 300

-

Stabbas (x20) 130

Squig Herd (x12) 140

-

loonsmasha fanatics (x5) 140

Boingrot bounderz (x10) 200

-

1000/1000 on the nose. 

Help me, friends. I have nowhere else to turn and information is scarce. 

This looks great!  Only change I’d consider is the squig herds - maybe Stabbas instead (more survivable and 10 can come back if killed via loonshrine, and more models for objective holding).  

If you really want herders because the models are cool and for diversity and the mangler boss ability boost, maybe split the herders into two units for more flexible objective holders, or maybe hoppers instead and an endless spell.