Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S133arcanite

AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

1 hour ago, williegoat said:

I won against a mixed destruction list of Ogres and Beastclaw and then a game against a Beast of chaos list.  Realm spells helped me against the Beastclaw player.  The Beast of Chaos came down to me just being more experienced on the mission.

A unit of 30 girls killed 70 goblins when they had their buffs up. ( Mindrazor, reroll hits of 1 and all to wound.) I've yet to win against DoK since they came out last spring regardless of the army I'm playing. Again, this DoK player is really good and I play against him all the time. Just can't crack the code to beat them.

What was in your list? 

I'm going to a tournament soon and not being an experienced AOS player insight is a wonderful thing

18 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

What was in your list? 

I'm going to a tournament soon and not being an experienced AOS player insight is a wonderful thing

LEADERS:
70pts        Loonboss
70pts        Loonboss (Aetherquartz brooch)
90pts        Fungoid Cave Shaman    Spell:  Itchy Nuisance
220 pts    Skragrott The Loonking  GENERAL Spell: Hand of Gork

Battleline:
70pts        6 model Squig herd
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)
360pts    60 Stabbas(pokin spears)

Other Units:
200pts    10 Boingrot Bounders
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
140pts    5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
120pts    5 Sporesplatta  Fanatics
70pts      6 Sneaky snufflers

Endless Spells:
40pts     Geminids

1950 pts 

• Like 1

I have a game against flesh eater courts and 1000 points this Saturday and was hoping for some feedback on my list. Also not sure which artifact to take. 

leaders-

loonboss on mangler -300 points

-fight another day

Fungoid cave shaman- 90 points

battleline- 

cave squigs (x12) - 140 points

cave squigs (x6) - 70 points

other units- 

bounderz (x10) - 200 points

1000/1000

5 minutes ago, Killacat said:

I have a game against flesh eater courts and 1000 points this Saturday and was hoping for some feedback on my list. Also not sure which artifact to take. 

leaders-

loonboss on mangler -300 points

-fight another day

Fungoid cave shaman- 90 points

battleline- 

cave squigs (x12) - 140 points

cave squigs (x6) - 70 points

other units- 

1000/1000

Aetherquartz brooch on the shaman, or gryph feather on the boss if realm artifacts are live.  I assume you are bringing squig lure on the shaman?

21 minutes ago, williegoat said:

Aetherquartz brooch on the shaman, or gryph feather on the boss if realm artifacts are live.  I assume you are bringing squig lure on the shaman?

I was gunna bring hand or gork or whatever cuz of the random movements of most the army

26 minutes ago, Killacat said:

I was gunna bring hand or gork or whatever cuz of the random movements of most the army

Doppleganger on the Mangler, T1 teleport it into his face then you can bounce back out of combat after his attack. If your opponent then tries to put a dragon or something into him the turn after doppleganger and retreat again?

Hey,

So I've wanted to start a new army with Gloomspite Gitz, but, I'm very new to playing the game and would love some help! So far I have the new fanatics, arachnorok spider, 10 grot spider riders, squig herd, fungoid cave shaman and squig hopper/bounderz as well as the gloomspite endless spells.

Here was the army I was thinking of

5 Sporesplatta Fanatics

10 Grot spider riders

1 Arachnorok spider

10 Boingrot Bounderz

6 Squig herd

1 Loonboss on Mangler squigs

1 Fungoid cave shaman

2 units of 40 stabbas

20 Shootas

And Morks mighty mushroom

Since I have no idea what's actually good that's just based off some research I've done. I would love to see what armies you guys would use. Thanks!

Here's a list I've thought up, its mostly abusing our easy access to -1 to hit, with some casting muscle in skragrot and some heavy hitters in the squigs and trolls;

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- 3x Barbed Nets
20 x Stabbas (130)
- 3x Barbed Nets

Units
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 162

General game plan is to drop the trolls somewhere annoying for your opponent and then put some goblin helpers with nets behind them, throw geminids on top and you have -3 to hit, can be put to -4 if playing in the realm of light, in addition you can do this with the colossal and the mangler boss.

P.S @PlasticCraic told you I was still writing lists ;)

Edited by Garuun
  • Like 1

Looks good!  Would you consider a switch from the Colossal + Fungoid for a Troggoth Hag, get another source of -1 to hit out there?

Also Frank is the most accident prone Squig in the Mortal Realms, I don't think I've seen him make it into combat yet without exploding in some comical fashion on the way in :D

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Looks good!  Would you consider a switch from the Colossal + Fungoid for a Troggoth Hag, get another source of -1 to hit out there?

Also Frank is the most accident prone Squig in the Mortal Realms, I don't think I've seen him make it into combat yet without exploding in some comical fashion on the way in :D

I’m already worried I’m not going to have enough punch to take stuff that needs to be dead in a turn, plus having a bunch of CP to be able to play away from the shrine is nice.

And you are damn right about Frank, but he will have his day!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garuun said:

I’m already worried I’m not going to have enough punch to take stuff that needs to be dead in a turn, plus having a bunch of CP to be able to play away from the shrine is nice.

And you are damn right about Frank, but he will have his day!

I like the list, but I feel that if you are going to invest that much in units of Stabbas that you should have access to "I'm da boss now stab em good".  I would consider for this list to downgrade the Loonboss on Mangler into a standard Mangler (yeah, you lose the -1 from the charm - oh well) and then add in a normal Loonboss to hang out with the grots.

@Skabnoze grots aren’t there to be damage dealers, sure I could drop a cheap hero in, but 90% of their job is to either lock people out of objectives or combo with the anvil units, but I’ll see what shuffling of points I can do, because giving the squigs +1 to wound feels pretty important when I play in a meta of  players that are big on debuffing the ****** out of each other peoples units.

Also I have one big unit of grots just to have something that I can recycle into a reasonable amount of bodies when it inevitably dies

Edited by Garuun

@Garuun that’s fair.  It’s your list so if you are happy with it then that’s great.  I personally just like everything to be an offensive threat if possible - just for the purpose of flexibility.  So for that reason I don’t think I will ever field large blocks of grots without a Loonboss for them.  But that is just my opinion.

Edited by Skabnoze

Are the Grot Scuttlings from Warhammer Quest: SilverTower included in the Gloomspite Gitz rulebook???

1 hour ago, Wraith01 said:

Are the Grot Scuttlings from Warhammer Quest: SilverTower included in the Gloomspite Gitz rulebook???

unfortunately no

not sure why. but at least you can use the Scuttlings as proxy for Stabbas and Shootas

• Like 1

So I'm mainly running all squigs, but I've recently came into a Troggboss and a box of Rockguts. Does mixing trolls and squigs work well? How should I use them? 

13 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

12 hours ago, novakai said:

unfortunately no

not sure why. but at least you can use the Scuttlings as proxy for Stabbas and Shootas

The same reason Deathrunners and Poison Wind Mortar Weapon Team are not in the Skaven book. GW will not put minis in a Battletome if they do not sell the mini on their website.  All these minis were in box sets on mixed sprues, there is no chance of the sculpts coming back.