AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Speaking of Bonegrinders, I was just looking and I noticed that he now has the Gloomspite Gitz keywords.  That means that we can take him in lists without worrying about ally points.  And that means that we are no longer restricted to just a single one. 

Move over 4 Troll Hag army - here comes the 4 Bonegrinder Gargant army!!!

I just might have to do this...

So, 4 Bonegrinder Gargants comes to 1600 points.  If we use a moonclan general then we can take squigs as battleline so that is 180 for 3 min units.  That leaves 220 for whichever general you want and something else.  That is amazing...

4 Bonegrinders lol wtf man

15 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

4 Bonegrinders lol wtf man

Well, what can I say - I like giants.  And what is better than a giant?  An even bigger giant - thats what!

I have to say that I don't care for the Forgeworld model though.  I would probably end up getting a couple 3rd party models and also converting some.  I had been trying to decide if I should buy one of the ones I like or start on the conversion ideas that I have been thinking of.  Maybe I should just do all of the above!

16 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Well, what can I say - I like giants.  And what is better than a giant?  An even bigger giant - thats what!

I have to say that I don't care for the Forgeworld model though.  I would probably end up getting a couple 3rd party models and also converting some.  I had been trying to decide if I should buy one of the ones I like or start on the conversion ideas that I have been thinking of.  Maybe I should just do all of the above!

Conversion ideas! I wanted to give the Hag a mushroom bra and make mushrooms or pointy weapons and stuff poking out of her bag.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
Loonboss (70)
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 2x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers

Units
10 x Spider Riders (200)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 163

List for fun, mainly cause it uses most of the models I currently have. Looking to run Troggoths together for buffs (load out general with 'ragegrip' or extra attack depending on army facing) likewise the Spiderfang,  have the Stabbas and Loonboss buff and thought it would be fun to put the Shaman next to the aleguzzlers and bamf them behind enemy lines :)

58 minutes ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Loonboss 'Stab em good' command ability, making 6s do an additional mortal wound... if we were to put that on a unit of Stabbas that had fanatics hidden inside are the fanatics also buffed by this command ability? 

No.  Fanatics are a separate unit entirely.  They hide in a unit for deployment purposes, but they are still functionally a separate unit.  In addition, they do not have the grots keyword necessary to receive the Stab Em Good buff.

That said, the fanatics don’t really need that buff anyways.  They hit like a sack of bricks to the face without any buffs.

Kitbashed a Madcap Shaman, I'm really happy with how it came out. Planning on painting a magical energy type effect on some of the scenery, including the snotling's back. The snotling was just trying to take a nap under some mushrooms and is now running for its life to avoid being turned into magical fuel.

MadcapWIP01.jpg

MadcapWIP02.jpg

• Like 1

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- General
- Moon-cutta
- Trait: Fight Another Day
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Bonegrinder Gargant (400)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

- General
- Moon-cutta
Madcap Shaman (80)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Yes.  This is what I am talking about!

I’m not sure that the mommet will do much for this force though.  It is not really lacking for rend.

12 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

- General
- Moon-cutta
Madcap Shaman (80)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

I would swap one for a SpiderSham to mess with people even more via magic lol

FB_IMG_1547984013196.jpg

Edited by Malakithe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Fanatics hit like a sack of bricks to the face without any buffs.

After studying the book I find that the real star of Gloomspite Gitz is the Loonsmasha Fanatics. 
Taking 15 at 420 points might seem crazy. 

But at a 1000 point games it's extremely deadly.

Spoiler

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Trait: Tough 'n' Leathery 
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers

Units
15 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (420)
5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 74

This is a true gambler list. I do not know the meta for 1000 points games but anyone bring any big chunk of elite unit gonna be deleted by your Fanatics. Evocators or Tzaangor Enlightened?? No more worries. 
Most sane and knowledgeable players will not let you go first, knowing that you wanna Hand of Gork your Fanatics bomb. They will wanna kill your 4 wound Grot Shaman asap, but you will not let them by preventing line of sight.
So they must play guess-kill to delete the unit you hide the 15 Fanatics but sadly they can never find them in the Stabbas Grots. I believe there are lists out there that can take out one of 20 Stabbas in turn one just by shooting.
Against someone with a strong shooting list just hide those Fanatics in the Sneaky Snufflers, they will never see it coming before it is too late. Fanatics with a +2" to charge over a 6" distance is 75%. If you can get a hero near enough for a reroll charge, it will be 88% of charging..

By keeping the shaman  close to the Stabbas, they will be durable enough to hold their own, especially with the netters, the Mommet and the Night Shroud spell. If you can get the Germinids to hit also, you can potentially do -3 to hit for any melee lockdown..

In 2000 points game? I think it is really ridiculously effective and good. 15 D6 attacks is average 40-50 attacks. So far the best I ever rolled was 69 attacks. 
It is a ridiculous amount of damage with that rend -2 and D3 damage, I was easily doing 20-30 wounds.  Plus even if the enemy survive that you will get to pick to have a unit to combat first. After that I even got the 7 surviving Fanatics to charge another unit! 

Well just my review of the new rules for Fanatics. Absolutely love them.

So I've got together a pretty decent idea for the rest of my army. Squigalanche. It looks fun as hell, perhaps not 100% competitive though. What do you think? I've been told that Hoppers are a mistake and I should do all Bounderz, but that's no fun to spam the same unit over and over. 

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
15 x Squig Hoppers (270)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Squigalanche (90)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Quicksilver Swords (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 146

thinking about doing a Gobbapalooza build, my plans is just hand of mork 60 superbuff grots with battleshock immunity, rerolling charges, fanatics, and +1 attack at the enemy. and if they all die I hope I can roll that 4 to get them all back when I need them

Allegiance: Destruction - Mortal Realm: Hysh
LEADERS
Skragrott, The Loonking (220) - General - Lore of the Moonclans : The Hand of Gork
Madcap Shaman (80) - Artefact :  Moonface Mommet  - Lore of the Moonclans : Itchy Nuisance
Loonboss (70) - Artefact :  Aetherquartz Brooch 
Loonboss (70) - Artefact :  Lens of Refraction 
UNITS
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
60 x Stabbas (360) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields - 9 x  Barbed Nets - 1 x  Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1 x  Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130) - Stabbas & Moon Shields
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
20 x Shootas (130) - 3 x  Barbed Nets
BATTALIONS
Gobbapalooza (110)
Moonclan Skrap (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Balewind Vortex (40)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2     WOUNDS: 153
LEADERS: 4/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 0/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 3/3    ALLIES: 0/400

Edited by novakai

41 minutes ago, novakai said:

thinking about doing a Gobbapalooza build, my plans is just hand of mork 60 superbuff grots with battleshock immunity, rerolling charges, fanatics, and +1 attack at the enemy. and if they all die I hope I can roll that 4 to get them all back when I need them

LEADERS
Skragrott, The Loonking (220) - General - Lore of the Moonclans : The Hand of Gork
Madcap Shaman (80) - Artefact :  Moonface Mommet  - Lore of the Moonclans : Itchy Nuisance
UNITS
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
60 x Stabbas (360) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields - 9 x  Barbed Nets - 1 x  Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1 x  Badmoon Icon Bearers
BATTALIONS
Gobbapalooza (110)
Moonclan Skrap (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Balewind Vortex (40)

TheScrap.pdf

I'm not sure what to do for a full sized gobbopalooza list. Skragrott is a great caster and you want the moment but I cannot see the list doing enough damage.  Personally I'd drop the skrap and vortex then drop a unit of sporesplattas and increase the loonsmasha unit to 10.   Dropping a loonboss for 6 sneaky snufflers means more punch over all and simply putting 60 immune to battleshock grots in front of your opponents army stopping them moving far could be game winning, especially when 10 loon smashas  destroy a key unit as well.  

2 hours ago, novakai said:

LEADERS
UNITS
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
BATTALIONS
Gobbapalooza (110)
Moonclan Skrap (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Balewind Vortex (40)

If you want to use Moonclan Skrap, you must put in one or more Skullmob Horde Battalon.

So something I've noticed that might be of importance. A Loonboss on Mangler with 'Fight another Day' can make a move of 2d6 right after his attacks have been done and must move more than 3" away from any other unit. The battalion, Squigalanche, says that a unit under the Bad Moon is eligible to fight if within 6", instead of 3", and adds 3" to his pile in. So if a Mangler boss moves 4" away from a unit using his FAD move, he's still technically in combat with that unit, even if he can't make his attacks, since FAD doesn't mention anything about combat specifically.  Using this, can he lock down another unit into combat just by standing there menacingly? Since unless they have more than a 3" pile in, they can't engage him, but they have to pile in anyway, since they're in combat technically.

I don't think "In combat" is actually a thing in the rules though?  It's just something we talk about as players. 

The rules (Page 5) refer to a unit being "eligible to fight if it is within 3" of an enemy unit, or if it made a charge move in the same turn".  Not that they are "in combat".  So if they are not within 3" (or don't have a special rule that supercedes that), they are not eligible to be selected.

The Batallion rules gives a special exception to the Mangler, but it wouldn't affect your opponent's unit in any way.

I do like the Skullmob horde but it doesn't look like 60 Grot die fast enough for it to be useful

Loonboss with Giant Cave Squig (100) - Artefact :  Aetherquartz Brooch 
UNITS
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)
40 x Stabbas (260) - Stabbas & Moon Shields
5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
BATTALIONS
Gobbapalooza (110)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 171
LEADERS: 3/6    BATTLELINES: 2 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 0/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2    ALLIES: 0/400

I am also want to try a list with the Trog Hag

Allegiance: Destruction - Mortal Realm: Ghur
LEADERS
Troggoth Hag (380) - Artefact :  Gryph-feather Charm 
Madcap Shaman (80) - Artefact :  Moonface Mommet  - Lore of the Moonclans : Squig Lure
Loonboss with Giant Cave Squig (100)
UNITS
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
BATTALIONS
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Scuttletide (30)
TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 166
LEADERS: 4/6    BATTLELINES: 1 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 1/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2    ALLIES: 0/400

May belong in painting, but figured someone specifically in this channel may already have an answer.  Anyone come across a good speed painting process for that lighter color, some what washed out skin that the night goblins have?  Last time I did green skin was green wash over yellow base, which looked great for that bold 40k Ork skin, but not so much for these guys.

Someone posted one way back, but searching on mobile on a nearly 90 page thread?  Blarg.

Edited by InfernalStone
Added thought.

ok, here is where I ended. I have the cauldron do get some solid casting out of my hag.. I feel I have plenty of offense that I can double as objective holders (that are going to be a nightmare to peel off of objectives). Does it look like I am missing anything or have anything weighted to heavily?

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl  
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
Troggoth Hag (380)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets