AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

29 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

(Without wanting to offend all the Squig lovers) Is anyone here considering Squig free lists? I'd like to do just Grots, Magic, Trolls and Spiders. Am I kicking just myself in the face for thinking this? Or are there some Squig units that are essential?

What...no..squigs? IS THIS HERESY EVEN POSSIBLE!?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Bounderz + Loonboss on cave squig is the closest thing to essential you come with squigs :) I run three units of 10 bounderz myself, alongside a grot/troggoth army lead by a cunning  (loonskin) Troggboss. I could definitely see it working out when scaling down the squigs for more grots/troggoths/magic, so go for it :) hard to go wrong with more bodies anyway, if you're up for that.

That's 710 points in Squigs, which feels a little heavy (for me) at first glance. I guess with fewer squigs the Loonboss starts to become expensive for the smaller buff it's bringing.

I like the idea of using snufflers, Gobbapalooza and fanatics to boost my grots .... but those are for putting grots on the frontline, instead of using them to grab objective (I think).

Squigs are the cavalry, which I won't really be getting elsewhere if I drop them. So I'm wondering if this leaves me with more of a defensive destruction list, if such a thing is remotely possible.

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

What...no..squigs? IS THIS HERESY EVEN POSSIBLE!?

😜 Everyone in here seems so heavy on the squigs right now, with other build types being lost in the process. Ok, there are the Troggoth and Spiderfang threads, but they again lean more towards pure Trog and Spider lists.

10 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

😜 Everyone in here seems so heavy on the squigs right now, with other build types being lost in the process. Ok, there are the Troggoth and Spiderfang threads, but they again lean more towards pure Trog and Spider lists.

But have you seen their cute smiling faces? They are practically begging for our love and affection! Its like giving someone the puppy dog eyes...but with teeth.

Id like to find a good combination of Squig/Trogg. Spiders are the best at solo list due to how well all their stuff works together. Pure Troggs sounds fun and all but its probably not very effective. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

I like the idea of using snufflers, Gobbapalooza and fanatics to boost my grots .... but those are for putting grots on the frontline, instead of using them to grab objective (I think).

Or both ;)

24 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Squigs are the cavalry, which I won't really be getting elsewhere if I drop them. So I'm wondering if this leaves me with more of a defensive destruction list, if such a thing is remotely possible.

Stabbas are some of the most defensive units available :)  Don't mistake them for a glass cannon, as they're far more of an immovable wall of mud than a hard-hitting/weak-hitting squishy unit. Assuming you go at least 60 or 40 of them, of course. 

Hello fellow destructophist!

So after toying around with my Ironjawz around one year having basicly this two options: to magic or not to magic (looking at you @Malakree), the Gloomspite Gitz blast me away with all the options available.

Holy moly.

So after figuring out my paint scheme - after hitting "desert mushroom" into google and seeing thats a thing - will be dessert themed as my IJ, i finally tried to build my first 1000 points list.

So what do people think about this?

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
Zarbag (160)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 12x Barbed Nets
- 2x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
7 x Zarbag's Gitz (0)
5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 131

Idea is quite clear: In 1000 points people will freak out seeing 60 grots. If they identify them as "main problem", thats cool, because i've got my fancy boingrots and vice versa. So theres two power cells, 60 stabbas buffed with those sneaky sneaky snufflers and loonboss and the 10 boingrot bounerz.  Squig Herds and zarbags gitz are for objective grabbings, zarbag for cunnin', maybe hand of gork or something.

No idea for artifact to be honest, it's all so good and i'm just not used to "options" while playing Ironjawz. That's also the reason to not ever think of 2000 points right now as my small ummie brain would simply implode.

1 hour ago, a74xhx said:

That's 710 points in Squigs, which feels a little heavy (for me) at first glance. I guess with fewer squigs the Loonboss starts to become expensive for the smaller buff it's bringing.

How very dare you sir!!!! It is our duty to treat our Squig overlords with care and compassion! They are the most cutest and friendliest beings in the realms. Without them we are but mindless savages like those Ironjaw Orruks! Squigs have taught us the way of honour, chivalry, to respect one another, to make friends. They are the definition of carefree happiness, the other races should take after them and maybe there wouldnt be so much fighting thats going on. 🤣😉

But yeah, i think people are going squig heavy as 1.) less models to paint 2.) they look amazing and characterful and 3.) they are a very self sufficient army, you dont need much help from outside influences to get the job done. Simply theres no mukkin' about. The same goes for full Troggherds and Spiderfang lists, they all do their own thing very well and you dont have to stack affect after affect to make a unit really good.

There has been some good mixed lists on here (probably drowned in the Squig posts though) and Mayple's one look pretty tasty! You could probably replace his bounders with spiders and throw in a few more trolls and see how that goes, its just personal preference, like i for one love my unit of 15 Bounders but i probably wouldnt take 30 like Mayple 😉

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DerZauberer said:

Hello fellow destructophist!

So after toying around with my Ironjawz around one year having basicly this two options: to magic or not to magic (looking at you @Malakree), the Gloomspite Gitz blast me away with all the options available.

Holy moly.

Yeah, it really puts into perspective just how limited Ironjawz are. I can still do alright with them, will probably take them to heat 1 (as my Gloomspite won't be done) but I'm just after good games and a lot will hang on how Gork feels about stompin.

6 hours ago, DerZauberer said:

Idea is quite clear: In 1000 points people will freak out seeing 60 grots. If they identify them as "main problem", thats cool, because i've got my fancy boingrots and vice versa. So theres two power cells, 60 stabbas buffed with those sneaky sneaky snufflers and loonboss and the 10 boingrot bounerz.  Squig Herds and zarbags gitz are for objective grabbings, zarbag for cunnin', maybe hand of gork or something.

No idea for artifact to be honest, it's all so good and i'm just not used to "options" while playing Ironjawz. That's also the reason to not ever think of 2000 points right now as my small ummie brain would simply implode.

For command trait at 1k I'd take the free use of your command trait. Means you can throw it on the Grots every turn while still stacking up CP's for charges etc. Then either Ignix Skin (4++ vs mortals) or Gryphfeather charm (to stack -1 to hit with his own -1).

Spellwise take either Hand of Gork, to throw 60 grots across the field and laugh, or The Great Green Spite for d6 mortals with your block of 60 grots. Other than that you have a solid list, you could drop one squig herd unit for 1k (1 battleline needed)  for another unit of sneaky snufflers. 

4 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Webspinner shaman seems autoinclude for 80pts with his Curse of da Spider God. Can really mess up things.

It's good but not amazing. 2+ to hit isn't super common neither is 2+ to save, it actually turns out to be pretty niche given all the ways to stack up -hit and -save in the army.

7 hours ago, a74xhx said:

(Without wanting to offend all the Squig lovers) Is anyone here considering Squig free lists? I'd like to do just Grots, Magic, Trolls and Spiders. Am I kicking just myself in the face for thinking this? Or are there some Squig units that are essential?

It's completely within the realm of possibility. I'd say you want to have a basic theme for the army in Grots, Squigs, Spiderfang or Troggoths, but really that's just because it lets you make use of the themebuffs. This will end up with you running a detachment style army with some of the smaller battalions looking very nice.

As an example if you put 200 points into 10 Spider Riders then a scuttleboss and another 5 spider riders is 200 points which lets you get the Skitterswarm for 120. You now have a Spiderfang detachment of a scuttleboss with 3 units of 5 Spider Riders that all have 2" extra movement alongside an extra artefact/CP. Use the Artefact to put a Totem of the Spider God on your Scuttleboss to make them MW on 5+. That's 520 points for a fast moving detachment of Spiderfang, while probably not optimal it shows how the book allows for you to add that sort of small synergistic force to your army.

Realistically if you wanted to build a true mixed force it would probably end up looking like a Grot force, with quite a few of the Grot buffs supported by the other subfactions. Mollog is a fantastic addition to any none Troggoth army because he brings a lot of utility, good mortal wound output and the +1 bravery aura for only 170 points.

As an example.

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
Loonboss (70)
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields

Units

Total: 1060 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 14
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 143

This is a really solid basis for a list, you have a lot of magic and some good synergies for your stabbas. You also have 940 points spare to build in whatever extras you want. From here you could add Mollog and some Rockguts, an Arachnarok or go further into the Grot theme with Sporesplatta Fanatics and the Gobbapalooza.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

It's completely within the realm of possibility. I'd say you want to have a basic theme for the army in Grots, Squigs, Spiderfang or Troggoths, but really that's just because it lets you make use of the themebuffs. This will end up with you running a detachment style army with some of the smaller battalions looking very nice.

As an example if you put 200 points into 10 Spider Riders then a scuttleboss and another 5 spider riders is 200 points which lets you get the Skitterswarm for 120. You now have a Spiderfang detachment of a scuttleboss with 3 units of 5 Spider Riders that all have 2" extra movement alongside an extra artefact/CP. Use the Artefact to put a Totem of the Spider God on your Scuttleboss to make them MW on 5+. That's 520 points for a fast moving detachment of Spiderfang, while probably not optimal it shows how the book allows for you to add that sort of small synergistic force to your army.

Realistically if you wanted to build a true mixed force it would probably end up looking like a Grot force, with quite a few of the Grot buffs supported by the other subfactions. Mollog is a fantastic addition to any none Troggoth army because he brings a lot of utility, good mortal wound output and the +1 bravery aura for only 170 points.

As an example.

This is a really solid basis for a list, you have a lot of magic and some good synergies for your stabbas. You also have 940 points spare to build in whatever extras you want. From here you could add Mollog and some Rockguts, an Arachnarok or go further into the Grot theme with Sporesplatta Fanatics and the Gobbapalooza.

The big restriction in that list is you're stuck with three units of grots (or squig herd) for battleline. But switching to a new Trogg/Spider/Squig general makes the grot buffs slightly less useful and Skragrott loses some of his cool stuff.  Gah!   As a Sylvaneth player, this having lots of units and subfactions  to choose from is all new to me 😄

Mollog was already on the pre-order list too!

I have been toying with an idea of both use my Rogue Idol and the Gitmob Gitz by focusing on grots wizards.

The Rogue Idol will be counted as allies so the allegiance is intact and Skragrott is the general.

Do you think this list is any good? If so, is it good tournament material?

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
Madcap Shaman (80)
Webspinner Shaman (80)
Zarbag (160)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Stabbas (130)
20 x Stabbas (130)

Units
7 x Zarbag's Gitz (0)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 148

Thanks in advance and for all the good bits of advice in this thread 🙂

9 hours ago, a74xhx said:

I have a large enough army without buying any of the new stuff (still gonna buy more though!), that I will probably end up playing around with most of the different army builds in the Gloomspite book.  That means pure grots, pure squigs, mixed moonclan squigs & grots, pure spiders, pure trolls, and then the mix it all together builds.

To answer your question, I don't think any of the Squig units are essential.  People will probably tell you that Bounders are, but that is not true.  Many units in the army are essential to different builds, but no unit is essential to all army builds.  I do think if you want to play all grots then Sneaky Snufflers are going to generally be an important unit.  They do not have the Squig keyword so they are actually a Grot unit and not a Squig one - but the models are all leading Snufflesquigs so I could see someone feeling like they are a squig unit and not wanting to use them in an all Grot list.

If your issue is visuals and you just don't want squig creatures all throughout the army then it should not be too hard to convert up the Sneaky Snufflers unit so that they have some other creature or don't even include the squig on the models (they could be dowsing or finding mushrooms some other way).

8 hours ago, DerZauberer said:

So what do people think about this?

I like it.  List building at 1000 pts is quite constrained and an interesting concept.  That said, I would probably fiddle around with this and try to get a unit of Fanatics into the list.  They are just so destructive and seem like they would be even more so a low points game such as this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yeah, it really puts into perspective just how limited Ironjawz are. I can still do alright with them, will probably take them to heat 1 (as my Gloomspite won't be done) but I'm just after good games and a lot will hang on how Gork feels about stompin.

All of the early books are fairly limited.  It's just part of the growing pains of the system.  On the bright side, the design team did a really good job with the themes and models for all of the early ranges (even Fyreslayers - although they do need more visual variety in that range) so they all seem to have a good foundation to build from.  I expect we will start to see some of the original released factions get brought up to speed with the new stuff at some point (hopefully not too far off).  Honestly, I am pretty excited to see what GW can come up with for an Ironjawz expansion & rework.

27 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

I have been toying with an idea of both use my Rogue Idol and the Gitmob Gitz by focusing on grots wizards.

The Rogue Idol will be counted as allies so the allegiance is intact and Skragrott is the general.

Do you think this list is any good? If so, is it good tournament material?

Thanks in advance and for all the good bits of advice in this thread 🙂

This seems to me like you will struggle with objectives as your main units of grots are small enough that they can be fairly easily blown off the table and they are too small for the Loonshrine to really recycle them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I like it.  List building at 1000 pts is quite constrained and an interesting concept.  That said, I would probably fiddle around with this and try to get a unit of Fanatics into the list.  They are just so destructive and seem like they would be even more so a low points game such as this.

It's just 1000 points because i'm some kind of "slow-grower" and  still have unfinished Ironjawz on my pile of shame. But as soon as my Ironjawz are completed i'm jumping right into 60 grots!

I had a list with fanatics as well for 1000 points:

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Wounds: 116

But it's thin on board presence as i think, as you want Loonboss, Stabbas and Snufflers in the left eye and boingrot in the right eye.

Only the Fungoid and one minimum unit of squigs is maybe a bit thin. But it's definitly one of those two lists i'll try.

For 2000 points i think i'll simply build on this idea, make a big mounted squig detachment with loonboss on mangler and more support like the gobbapalooza and sporesplattas for the 60 unit grots. I think you don't need more then 60 grots, it should do all the tricks and be a real anchor of your army. Maybe it's enough to just slot in the minimum squig herds for battleline and expand wether A: you add on mobile squig stuff or B: add on making your grotblob get high on attack with shroomies.

Something like this?

Leaders
- General
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
Loonboss (70)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Spiker (48)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 180

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I have a large enough army without buying any of the new stuff (still gonna buy more though!), that I will probably end up playing around with most of the different army builds in the Gloomspite book.  That means pure grots, pure squigs, mixed moonclan squigs & grots, pure spiders, pure trolls, and then the mix it all together builds.

To answer your question, I don't think any of the Squig units are essential.  People will probably tell you that Bounders are, but that is not true.  Many units in the army are essential to different builds, but no unit is essential to all army builds.  I do think if you want to play all grots then Sneaky Snufflers are going to generally be an important unit.  They do not have the Squig keyword so they are actually a Grot unit and not a Squig one - but the models are all leading Snufflesquigs so I could see someone feeling like they are a squig unit and not wanting to use them in an all Grot list.

If your issue is visuals and you just don't want squig creatures all throughout the army then it should not be too hard to convert up the Sneaky Snufflers unit so that they have some other creature or don't even include the squig on the models (they could be dowsing or finding mushrooms some other way).

Yeah, Snufflers definitely get a free pass! They're grots with pets, and the buffs work nicely with grots too.

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

But have you seen their cute smiling faces? They are practically begging for our love and affection! Its like giving someone the puppy dog eyes...but with teeth.

Id like to find a good combination of Squig/Trogg. Spiders are the best at solo list due to how well all their stuff works together. Pure Troggs sounds fun and all but its probably not very effective. 

Squiq/Trogg lists are what I’m trying to work out right now. Haven’t really made a list that I like yet. 

The closest I’ve come is:

Troggboss

Fungoid 

Loonboss mangler

Loonboss cave squig

3x 3 Rockguts 

2x10 Bounderz

10 Hoppers

Stampede

2 hours ago, a74xhx said:

The big restriction in that list is you're stuck with three units of grots (or squig herd) for battleline. But switching to a new Trogg/Spider/Squig general makes the grot buffs slightly less useful and Skragrott loses some of his cool stuff.  Gah!   As a Sylvaneth player, this having lots of units and subfactions  to choose from is all new to me 😄

Mollog was already on the pre-order list too!

My point is that you are generally going to have one or two of the themes be dominant and in doing so will want to bring some buffs to support that/those theme. This doesn't mean you need to go heavily into them but you will want to bring supporting pieces for which ever ends up the largest part.

So if you have Skragrott and a unit of 60 Stabbas then the Gobbapalooza becomes amazing, you don't NEED to take them but you do need to justify not taking them. If you decide to take them then the Sneaky Snufflers go up in value as do Sporesplattas and Loonboss. If you just pick up Skragrott and his 60 Stabbas that's 580 points, to take the entire supporting cast is another 500 points. You are now running a Grot theme. 

From here you could fully invest in the Grot theme, grabbing another big unit of Stabbas some Fanatics and maybe even a battalion. If you decide not to go down that route you could instead add in a second theme, a Dankhold Troggboss and some Rockgut Troggoths is a great way to add some real tank busting to your army, make the Troggboss your general and tool him up for death dealing!

Finally you could decide that you are happy with the Grots forming the basis of your army then diversify into a much broader range to try and cover all your basis. A Webspinner on Arachnarok for the spells/monster, a couple of Troggoths to give you the punch, some Boingrots to fill the cavalry role.

Gloomspite Gitz has an immense amount of options. I do think you will want to pick at least one theme which you run as the basis of your army, you've said you don't want it to be Squigs and that's a perfectly fine aesthetic choice. Personally I won't go for Squigs because after tomb kings I swore I would never get anything which didn't look super sturdy again.

The initial list I'm looking at is this.

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Blow 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
20 x Shootas (130)
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)

Battalions
Troggherd (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 154

I've obviously gone for a Troggoth theme with 1120 points sunk into them. However I've also taken other things to cover some of the areas which Troggoths struggle with. Obvious example being the Three Moonclan Wizard, for 4 spells a turn base. I've then picked up 80 grots to give me bodies, wounds and board coverage. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, a base formed around a theme. Troggherd and the RR1's to hit from the Troggboss then augmented with things to fill the army out.

Look at what it is about the Gloomspite which really attracts you, is it a particular theme or a model you really like, then build up from there. If you need anymore help don't hesitate to post here. While the bunch of them are salivating with and over their Squigs there's still a ton of good information buried in the thread. Same is true for Troggoths and Spiderfang threads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Squiq/Trogg lists are what I’m trying to work out right now. Haven’t really made a list that I like yet. 

The closest I’ve come is:

Troggboss

Fungoid 

Loonboss mangler

Loonboss cave squig

3x 3 Rockguts 

2x10 Bounderz

10 Hoppers

Stampede

The concept sounds easy enough but its still difficult to fit in what i want. You could go a couple different ways. Squigs with supporting Troggs and Troggs with supporting Squigs. For me I like more bodies so I would go Loonboss on Giant then maybe Herds/Hoppers for battleline. Toss in Bounderz then fill the rest with Troggs and some wizards

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malakree said:

My point is that you are generally going to have one or two of the themes be dominant and in doing so will want to bring some buffs to support that/those theme. This doesn't mean you need to go heavily into them but you will want to bring supporting pieces for which ever ends up the largest part.

So if you have Skragrott and a unit of 60 Stabbas then the Gobbapalooza becomes amazing, you don't NEED to take them but you do need to justify not taking them. If you decide to take them then the Sneaky Snufflers go up in value as do Sporesplattas and Loonboss. If you just pick up Skragrott and his 60 Stabbas that's 580 points, to take the entire supporting cast is another 500 points. You are now running a Grot theme. 

From here you could fully invest in the Grot theme, grabbing another big unit of Stabbas some Fanatics and maybe even a battalion. If you decide not to go down that route you could instead add in a second theme, a Dankhold Troggboss and some Rockgut Troggoths is a great way to add some real tank busting to your army, make the Troggboss your general and tool him up for death dealing!

Finally you could decide that you are happy with the Grots forming the basis of your army then diversify into a much broader range to try and cover all your basis. A Webspinner on Arachnarok for the spells/monster, a couple of Troggoths to give you the punch, some Boingrots to fill the cavalry role.

Gloomspite Gitz has an immense amount of options. I do think you will want to pick at least one theme which you run as the basis of your army, you've said you don't want it to be Squigs and that's a perfectly fine aesthetic choice. Personally I won't go for Squigs because after tomb kings I swore I would never get anything which didn't look super sturdy again.

The initial list I'm looking at is this.

I've obviously gone for a Troggoth theme with 1120 points sunk into them. However I've also taken other things to cover some of the areas which Troggoths struggle with. Obvious example being the Three Moonclan Wizard, for 4 spells a turn base. I've then picked up 80 grots to give me bodies, wounds and board coverage. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, a base formed around a theme. Troggherd and the RR1's to hit from the Troggboss then augmented with things to fill the army out.

Look at what it is about the Gloomspite which really attracts you, is it a particular theme or a model you really like, then build up from there. If you need anymore help don't hesitate to post here. While the bunch of them are salivating with and over their Squigs there's still a ton of good information buried in the thread. Same is true for Troggoths and Spiderfang threads.

That's a nice list for me to start from (and includes everything I already bought too!). I'm going to see what gets lost when I try to squeeze in Hag/Mollog/Gobbapolooza/Snufflers/fanatics/some spiders.

I'm not sold on the Troggherd battalion yet...... Not sold on the ability it brings. It can't guarantee me first turn, so I might as well assume I'm going second and plan for it (the one drop Sylvaneth player in me is twitching). If I keep Fungoid and Skragrott in then I don't need that command point. So, it becomes 180 points for an artefact. For that I could take Mollog.

If that extra artefact becomes essential, and I take Gobbapolooza, then maybe the Gobbapolooza battalion at 110 points is more useful than Troggherd.

Edited by a74xhx

12 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

I'm not sold on the Troggherd battalion yet...... Not sold on the ability it brings. It can't guarantee me first turn, so I might as well assume I'm going second and plan for it (the one drop Sylvaneth player in me is twitching). If I keep Fungoid and Skragrott in then I don't need that command point. So, it becomes 180 points for an artefact. For that I could take Mollog.

I'm mainly using it to see how I feel and because it's 180 points of models I don't need to paint before I play! My other variation is 20 more shootas (hence my unwillingness to commit to it) and the arachnocauldron.

More bodies/wounds and a +2 with full spell list for Skragrott!

Edit: Also as he's not the general you don't get the loonkings CP generation.

Edited by Malakree

7 hours ago, Malakithe said:

The concept sounds easy enough but its still difficult to fit in what i want. You could go a couple different ways. Squigs with supporting Troggs and Troggs with supporting Squigs. For me I like more bodies so I would go Loonboss on Giant then maybe Herds/Hoppers for battleline. Toss in Bounderz then fill the rest with Troggs and some wizards

I wish the Loonboss could ride a Giant haha!🤣 Give the Giant a Moon shaped iron helmet and his hands replaced with ball and chains, like that Troll from the 3rd Hobbit film ahahaha!! That would be so cool.

I wish he had units of Bat Squigs too, only 1 wound compared to a Cave Squig but the same number of attacks and then some sort of distribution ability where they mess up the enemies shooting, kind of like how Bat Swarms work.

Another cool one would be Trogglings or Half Troggs. Smaller than normal Trolls with maybe like 2 wounds each that act as the horde filler units for pure Troggherds! Same with Spiderfang, they should of got Spiderlings, or an Arok Queen who could birth her clutches of eggs like in Total War Warhammer, just to give those 2 subfactions some more ummphh when working solo.

Yes the book is amazing and i know the Squigs got lucky with most of the attention in new models but some more love for the other 2 would of been so cool!

We got the following new kits (most of the Moonclan can be used by everyone but there primary focus is Moonclan:

Loonshrine - Universal

Skraggrot - Moonclan

Loonboss - Moonclan

Gobbappalooza - Moonclan

Fanatics - Moonclan

Sneaky Snufflers - Moonclan 

Mangler Squigs - Squig

Squig Hoppers - Squig

Squig Herd - Squig

Dankhold Troggoth - Troll

Rockguts - Troll

Mollog - Troll

Endless Spells - Universal

A MASSIVE release but if more new spider and troll units were done the book would of been perfect! Not complaining btw haha i love this army, by far my favourite of AoS for character, balance, army list compositions, colour schemes and whackiness!

• Like 1