AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Hahaha you dont need our seal of approve Malakithe lmao! 😅😉 Try your list out, youll get a feel what works and what doesnt. Then come back to us and tell us what YOU feel about those units and what YOU would change. We could keep changing your list for you but only you will know how they play in your hands. You might find Squig Herd awful and want Stabbas instead for instance. Just give your list a spin first. 

I know haha but I also value your opinions. Whether the Herd is awful or not I wouldnt swap them for plain boring Stabbas...pssssh

9 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I know haha but I also value your opinions. Whether the Herd is awful or not I wouldnt swap them for plain boring Stabbas...pssssh

Hahaha! Yeah im with you on that one!!! 🤣 I never want to paint 180 Goblins ever again..... Ive been having a blast painting these Squigs, they are so characterful and surprisingly easy to paint once youve got your scheme sorted. I have fully painted 10 Herd, 7 Hoppers, 2 Boingrots and now working on this Mangler in the space of a week and a half. Thats more than I painted the whole of last year haha!!!

Fundamentally what I think everyone needs to do is start to have some play tests with the book, figure out how youll use (or not use) the Bad Moon. Found out combos and strats that suit your play style. Get a feel for the army first hand. Ive seen loads of people pick up armies that are great in the Meta but they either cant master them, get bored of them or just do not have any luck with them at all. 

Now it may be hard for some people to get some games in around there work or personal lives which is fine, but what i find best is watching Batreps or spectating games at the club and get a first person understanding of that army. Its always good to see how an army operates in the flesh and not on the paper.

Long story short anyone one of us could grab 60 Stabbas with all the bells and whistles and fall flat on our faces as we arent good with them. But suddenly you take Spiderfang and against all odds your winning tournaments left right and centre as you are a tactical God with them.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Hahaha! Yeah im with you on that one!!! 🤣 I never want to paint 180 Goblins ever again..... Ive been having a blast painting these Squigs, they are so characterful and surprisingly easy to paint once youve got your scheme sorted. I have fully painted 10 Herd, 7 Hoppers, 2 Boingrots and now working on this Mangler in the space of a week and a half. Thats more than I painted the whole of last year haha!!!

Fundamentally what I think everyone needs to do is start to have some play tests with the book, figure out how youll use (or not use) the Bad Moon. Found out combos and strats that suit your play style. Get a feel for the army first hand. Ive seen loads of people pick up armies that are great in the Meta but they either cant master them, get bored of them or just do not have any luck with them at all. 

Now it may be hard for some people to get some games in around there work or personal lives which is fine, but what i find best is watching Batreps or spectating games at the club and get a first person understanding of that army. Its always good to see how an army operates in the flesh and not on the paper.

I want to see a list with 70 Herd...

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Why stop at 70..... 😉 1 Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig and 6 units of 24 Squig Herd. 145 Squigs and 450pts left over for a Mangler and some wizards 🤣

I got you...the true face of terror...
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 208

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I got you...the true face of terror...
Mortal Realm: Ghur
- General
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
Wounds: 208

If i ever saw that army in the flesh i would just let my opponent win, not because of all those wounds i would have to get through but because that would just be an awesome army, that person deserves to win.

Im halfway there... ive got 36 Herd, 20 Hoppers, 15 Boingrots and a Mangler Boss ☺️

Hello guys ! 

I was thinking about an squig themed army, I think about that

Loonboss on cave squig (110)

Loonboss on mangler squig (300)

Fungoid shaman (90)

5 squig hoppers (90)

5 squig hoppers (90)

20 squig hoppers (360)

10 boingrot bounderz (200)

Mangler squig (240)

stampede batallion (140) ( with the mangler, the 20 hoppers and the 2x10bounderz )

total: 1820

what do you think about it? do you reccomend squig herds? or maybe 3 fellwater troggoths to have smthing tankier? 

thanks a lot! 

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

If i ever saw that army in the flesh i would just let my opponent win, not because of all those wounds i would have to get through but because that would just be an awesome army, that person deserves to win.

Im halfway there... ive got 36 Herd, 20 Hoppers, 15 Boingrots and a Mangler Boss ☺️

I would just dump a bag of Skittles on the table and call them squigs cuz thats how I plan to paint them lol

Just now, Ushmagul said:

Hello guys ! 

I was thinking about an squig themed army, I think about that

Loonboss on cave squig (110)

Loonboss on mangler squig (300)

Fungoid shaman (90)

5 squig hoppers (90)

5 squig hoppers (90)

20 squig hoppers (360)

Mangler squig (240)

stampede batallion (140) ( with the mangler, the 20 hoppers and the 2x10bounderz )

total: 1820

what do you think about it? do you reccomend squig herds? or maybe 3 fellwater troggoths to have smthing tankier? 

thanks a lot! 

Thats a mighty big unit of Hoppers 😅

11 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

but do you think it would be great? I'm a little scare about the low bravery and the lack of armor, and i think of the madcap for trying to get more cp 

In all seriousness i would swap out the 2 units of 5 Hoppers for Squig Herd if your intentions are to hold objectives with them, saves your 20pts per squad. Next i would try get yourself 2 spell casters not just 1. This is for 2 unbinds and also because of 2 spells that are crucial to a Squig army..... Itchy Nuisance and Squig Lure. The first spell is the beginning of beating your low Bravery. You dog pile all your Squigs into 1 melee at a time and fight until there is nothing left, this pairs nicely with a Fight another Day Mangler Boss as now you have 2 combats that you arent being swung at in your turns. Next Squig Lure. This spell makes us Squig players less reliant on the Bad Moon, where as the our other sub factions need it a lot more. Mobility is key to Squig armies, its our one huge strength.

As for your fear of our lack of armour, thats a Gloomspite thing in general, none of units have a good save, we just have good damage output, once again Itchy Nuisance is your armour save, you arent being swung at if they enemy cant swing back after youve ganged up on him with 2 or more units destroying him. For your heavy hitter and tank you will want a Colossal Squig, Troll Hag or Rogue Idol. If you have the points for them take them, they are all durable and hit hard.

5 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

In all seriousness i would swap out the 2 units of 5 Hoppers for Squig Herd if your intentions are to hold objectives with them, saves your 20pts per squad. Next i would try get yourself 2 spell casters not just 1. This is for 2 unbinds and also because of 2 spells that are crucial to a Squig army..... Itchy Nuisance and Squig Lure. The first spell is the beginning of beating your low Bravery. You dog pile all your Squigs into 1 melee at a time and fight until there is nothing left, this pairs nicely with a Fight another Day Mangler Boss as now you have 2 combats that you arent being swung at in your turns. Next Squig Lure. This spell makes us Squig players less reliant on the Bad Moon, where as the our other sub factions need it a lot more. Mobility is key to Squig armies, its our one huge strength.

As for your fear of our lack of armour, thats a Gloomspite thing in general, none of units have a good save, we just have good damage output, once again Itchy Nuisance is your armour save, you arent being swung at if they enemy cant swing back after youve ganged up on him with 2 or more units destroying him. For your heavy hitter and tank you will want a Colossal Squig, Troll Hag or Rogue Idol. If you have the points for them take them, they are all durable and hit hard.

thanks a lot for the tips !  and you recommend an madcap shaman ? or should I take Skragrott.

should be necessary get at least one grot unit of stabbas? for the moon terrain effect, I think that is a waste not to use it.

I think that i can try to get an colossal squig ! 

I saw the fight another day is really great on mangler boss, what artifacts do you reccomend ? 

27 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

thanks a lot for the tips !  and you recommend an madcap shaman ? or should I take Skragrott.

should be necessary get at least one grot unit of stabbas? for the moon terrain effect, I think that is a waste not to use it.

I think that i can try to get an colossal squig ! 

I saw the fight another day is really great on mangler boss, what artifacts do you reccomend ? 

Ok i personally go for the Thermalrider Cloak, this may be odd to a lot of people but i view speed as its own form of defence. The extra 4" means he can deploy further back, out maneuver combat threats, fly over greater distances and reach the fight when i want to. With a run and a +3" extra move from the Boss on Giant Cave Squig hes averaging 17" of movement.

As for casters, if you arent taking Skraggrot i would go Fungoid over Madcap. More Durable, doesnt suffer MWs when he rolls a double to cast with his mushroom, has a chance of getting CPs, better in melee (when it comes to it). If your planning on taking a relic then yeah take the Madcap Shaman otherwise i think the extra 10pts is by far more worth it on a Fungoid.

Now Stabbas, i may not be the best one for that question, i havent had a time that i would have needed them instead of my Squig Herd as of yet, but like you i always want to use the other half of the Loonshrines abilities. But saying that the Shrine is free, so its more of a bonus than a need. If you want to try out some Stabbas go ahead! It will be nice to hear how they work in a Squig focused list.

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Ok i personally go for the Thermalrider Cloak, this may be odd to a lot of people but i view speed as its own form of defence. The extra 4" means he can deploy further back, out maneuver combat threats, fly over greater distances and reach the fight when i want to. With a run and a +3" extra move from the Boss on Giant Cave Squig hes averaging 17" of movement.

As for casters, if you arent taking Skraggrot i would go Fungoid over Madcap. More Durable, doesnt suffer MWs when he rolls a double to cast with his mushroom, has a chance of getting CPs, better in melee (when it comes to it). If your planning on taking a relic then yeah take the Madcap Shaman otherwise i think the extra 10pts is by far more worth it on a Fungoid.

Now Stabbas, i may not be the best one for that question, i havent had a time that i would have need them instead of my Squig Herd as of yet, but like you i always want to use the other half of the Loonshrines abilities. But saying that the Shrine is free, so its more of a bonus than a need. If you want to try out some Stabbas go ahead! It willbe nice to hear how they work in a Squig focused list.

thanks again Ekrund, I'll keep in mind all of that, but you wrote before that for the squig list would be nice  two casters, no? I understand that one  is the fungoid and the other a madcap? for the itchy nuissance + squig lure, I'm with you that the fungoid is better than the madcap 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

thanks again Ekrund, I'll keep in mind all of that, but you wrote before that for the squig list would be nice  two casters, no? I understand that one  is the fungoid and the other a madcap? for the itchy nuissance + squig lure, I'm with you that the fungoid is better than the madcap 

In my Squig list mine is 2 Fungoids. I should be having another series of matches this Saturday at the local club so ill let you know how my list plays, but literally everyone has jumped on the Gloomspite Bandwagon around here! I was the only Destruction player for miles, now everyone and there dog is playing them, and everyone is going Squig mad too!!! Lmao 🤣😅

Was literally arm wrestling a guy for the only Mangler box in the Gamesworkshop at 10am on the Saturday... 

19 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

In my Squig list mine is 2 Fungoids. I should be having another series of matches this Saturday at the local club so ill let you know how my list plays, but literally everyone has jumped on the Gloomspite Bandwagon around here! I was the only Destruction player for miles, now everyone and there dog is playing them, and everyone is going Squig mad too!!! Lmao 🤣😅

Was literally arm wrestling a guy for the only Mangler box in the Gamesworkshop at 10am on the Saturday... 

hahahaha good luck! , yeah let me know about the game, it is a pleasure talk in this topic! 

I've 2k point of ironjwz but this squigs really take my heart ! 

• Like 1

I hawe 2 ideas for an army one is mostly squig focused, second spider themed

List Summary

FullShort

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- General
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 154

Copy

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (100)
- General
- Trait: Monstrous Mount 
- Artefact: The Black Fang 
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
30 x Spider Riders (540)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
5 x Spider Riders (100)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
Arachnarok Spider with Flinger (270)
Spider Rider Skittermob (120)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 152

Copy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

At least we Destruction guys seem to be popular now.  😉 More power to us! 

But I guess we will get some new people in our ranks who will dedicate their hearts to Destruction. As soon as a new shiny army comes out, we will propably decrease in numbers again. 

I don't think Destruction players seem like the "play the popular faction"-players.  😄 

Edited by Infeston
  • Haha 1

Thinking about grot resurrection. Your opponent knows that as soon as he finishes off that unit of 60, another unit of 30 is coming back. In the right situations, an opponent might just stop attacking them when they are down to, say, 3 models. Either retreat or focus on another unit that has piled in.  Safer than risking another 30 grots popping out of the ground.

1 minute ago, a74xhx said:

Thinking about grot resurrection. Your opponent knows that as soon as he finishes off that unit of 60, another unit of 30 is coming back. In the right situations, an opponent might just stop attacking them when they are down to, say, 3 models. Either retreat or focus on another unit that has piled in.  Safer than risking another 30 grots popping out of the ground.

True, however because it occurs at the end of our turn we can charge them in and maximise the number of enemy models they are in contact with. Since you can't elect to NOT attack with models they are then forced to kill them and we still get our resurrection.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malakree said:

True, however because it occurs at the end of our turn we can charge them in and maximise the number of enemy models they are in contact with. Since you can't elect to NOT attack with models they are then forced to kill them and we still get our resurrection.

Ahh, true. Need to make sure you keep your other gitz away from that enemy unit when you do the charge too.

Sylvaneth units could teleport away, but if they were fighting over an objective, then the grots still keep it.

Probably still a valid tactic against the gitz, but very very situational :)

8 hours ago, Ushmagul said:

hahahaha good luck! , yeah let me know about the game, it is a pleasure talk in this topic! 

I've 2k point of ironjwz but this squigs really take my heart ! 

Yea im with you there, i have 2k of Ironjawz but Squigs are my love of 40K and AoS. If Ironjawz had armoured Squigs i would be in heaven right now lol!

17 minutes ago, Malakree said:

You can also kill your own unit with a truffle overdose from 2+ squads of sneaky snufflers!