AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

the thing with squigs is that there not as much combat buff for them compare to Moonclan and Spiderfang armies, the only two are the Mangler boss Command ability and Sneaky Snuffler. their thing is really hitting the enemy fast and as hard they can to do a lot of damage.

TBH I thing most competent army list probably has to have a backbone of grot infantry (or even trolls) to hold the back line sturdy and support.

Squigs are a glass cannon type build I think. Hit them hard and fast before they can react but at the same time I think its wise to have adequate distractions and some tactical flexibility. 

Just as @Ekrund Oath Splitters said they are more points efficient as well per wound. The Herd caps at 48 wounds spread across 24 2w models and the only thing that beast them is a full 60 Stabbas. 

Squigs dont really need buffs which is nice cuz you can just send them off to do their own thing unit by unit instead of having Stabbas, plus heroes, plus support units trailing behind them

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Squigs are a glass cannon type build I think. Hit them hard and fast before they can react but at the same time I think its wise to have adequate distractions and some tactical flexibility. 

Just as @Ekrund Oath Splitters said they are more points efficient as well per wound. The Herd caps at 48 wounds spread across 24 2w models and the only thing that beast them is a full 60 Stabbas. 

Squigs dont really need buffs which is nice cuz you can just send them off to do their own thing unit by unit instead of having Stabbas, plus heroes, plus support units trailing behind them

If you add it all together, 60 Goblins + Loonboss + Sneaky Snufflers + Sporesplattas are a grand total of 620pts. Whilst yeah those 4 units can all do their own independent things like cap, attack, buff, etc its a lot of points in trying to get them good. For that many points you get 48 Squigs so 96 wounds and 60pts spare.

Its kind of an apples - oranges type of thing, yeah you can get 90 wounds worth of Goblins total when they come back from the Loonshrine but you already had that on the board with the Squig Herd. Durabilty and Offensive wise I view them as equals, it just depends on what you want in your list, a mobile self destruction Squig shaped brick that is always biting the enemy until there is no one left or a slow horde of Gobbos prison shanking the enemy in the gibblets.

I am still on the fence if I need a block of Goblins in my competitive Squig list.... There are advantages and disadvantages to both however in the end they both kind of do the same job,

10 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

If you compare the standard combat capabilities of each battleline unit I think thats why Squigs have less combat buffs than the other 2.

A Grot is 1 attack 4s and 3s for 6.5pts per wound

A Spider is 2 ranged attacks at 5s and 5s, 1 melee attack at 5s and 4s and 2 melee attacks at 4s and 4s with 6s to hit being a MW all for 10pts per wound

A Squig is 2 attacks 4s and 3s rend 1 for 5.83pts a wound

So just off a points per wound basis the humble cave Squig is beating the other 2 in combat naturally. What we are looking at is 24 wounds for 140pts, 20 wounds for 130pts and 20 wounds for 100pts. The Squigs being the most expensive option also has the best attacks without support from the Moon, spells or abilities.

That is the main difference between them and Spiderfang + Moonclan Grots, they dont need much support, they just do their thing from the get go, Once you start applying buffs to the other 2 options they start to outclass the Squigs but you can only every buff one unit with all the buffs unless you have CPs to spam abilities and you roll a 10+ to affect D3 Spiderfang units.

I understand they don't need much support but I feel like their offensive stats isn't really enough to chew through stuff fast enough unless your talking about the bounders (which I think are getting price increase), yes versus each other the squig are pretty good, but other faction out there have thing like negative to hit, ignoring rend and other things that prevent damage that the squig can fail to get damage in. I feel like you can't solely rely on alpha striking you opponent 

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

I understand they don't need much support but I feel like their offensive stats isn't really enough to chew through stuff fast enough unless your talking about the bounders (which I think are getting price increase), yes versus each other the squig are pretty good, but other faction out there have thing like negative to hit, ignoring rend and other things that prevent damage that the squig can fail to get damage in. I feel like you can't solely rely on alpha striking you opponent 

Im mainly on about Squig Herd which are a Battleline choice for any Moonclan General. Oh yeah totally agree they will not be alpha striking, the earliest they will be in combat is turn 2. Squigs (as in Herd) are meant to fight other peoples battleline choices, I wouldnt throw my Squigs into fights I know they wont do well in, that job is for Boingrot Bounders. Whilst a negative to hit is massive on the Squigs it also greatly affects your Goblins too, if you have spears you are suddenly loosing half of your hits where as a Squig is only loosing a third. Ignoring rend isn't particularly huge, its Ethereal units so LoN or NH, Ishlaan Guard, Bastiladons and Ethereal Amulet heroes. Ghosts arent that bad as they are generally 1 wound models with Chainrasps having a 5+ save and Grimghasts on a 4+. In additon when fighting Death you will most likely have more Squigs flee and hence cause more MWs. When a Squig runs away he is essentially trading 11.66pts for a MW on a 4+. Depending on what that MW hits determines if you are making that 11.66pts back. If 5 fleeing Squigs kill a Goregrunta thats kust slightly a bit inefficient with 58.33pts traded to kill a 50pt model, but that Grunta would of most likely killed another 3-4 Goblins if we switched the units over and the Grunta was left alive.

So yeah I agree with you that they may not be able to chew through tough things fast enough but vs say the likes of Witches, Skellies, Beastmen, Thralls, Ghouls and other Goblins, they will be having a right old feast. Thats where they shine.

Why do you think Bounders are getting a increase in cost? I think they are fairly balanced when all things are considered in the Gloomspite Gits Battletome. They are the heavy hitters if you dont have Loonsmashas or Trolls. If anything i would put the price for Loonsmashas down. If you compare a Boingrot Bounder to a Fellwater Troggoth, they are very similar in damage output. You get 10 wounds for 100pts for 4 attacks 4s and 3s -1 rend per model and a chance for a MW on the charge. The Trolls are paying 160pts for 12 wounds for 1 ranged attack 2s and 3s -2 rend and D3 damage and then 4 attacks 3s and 3s -1 rend 2 damage. The 60pts between them making them fairly similar with the Trolls being tougher in combat and also doing  more damage.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

To expand on @Ekrund Oath Splitters analysis. 

First point is points per wound and points per model.

1. Squig Herds - 5.8 p/w + 11.7 p/m
  2. Stabba Max - 6 p/w + 6 p/m
  3. Stabbas/Shootas - 6.5 p/w + 6.5 p/m
  4. Squig Hoppers - 9 p/w + 18 p/m
  5. Spider Riders - 10 p/w + 20 p/m
  6. BattleTroggs - 13.3 p/w + 53.3 p/m

The only thing of note here is that if you sort by points per model, instead of by wound, the squig herds drop to 3rd. This means for holding contested objectives or taking space the Stabbas/Shootas are better while holding safe objectives the squigs are better.

Next we run the damage table, assuming that all models in the unit are attacking and are unbuffed against a 4+ save with no rerolls. See the spoiler for full results and notes.

Spoiler

Squig Herds - 30.4 points per damage (Expected damage of 2.3)

graph.php?q=r:435:10:1:m000;r:554:2:1:m0 

Stabba Max (spears) - 30.6 points per damage (Expected damage of 11.75)

graph.php?q=r:524:51:1:m000;r:434:24:1:m

Stabbas (stabba) - 25 points per damage (Expected damage of 5.21)

graph.php?q=r:424:17:1:m000;r:434:6:1:m0

Shootas - 91.5 points per damage (Expected damage of 1.42)

graph.php?q=r:454:17:1:m000&f=isv&s=

Squig Hoppers - 35.6  points per damage (Expected damage of 2.53)

graph.php?q=r:554:4:1:m000;r:454:1:1:m00

Spider Riders - 28.5 points per damage (Expected damage of 3.51)

graph.php?q=r:544:4:1:m000;r:444:1:1:m00

Fellwater Troggoths - 16.1 points per damage (Expected damage of 9.89)

graph.php?q=r:236:3:d3:m000;r:335:12:2:m

Rockgut Troggoths - 20.9 points per damage (Expected damage of 7.67)

graph.php?q=r:336:6:3:m000;r:410:1:d3:m0

For Shootas only their ranged damage is accounted for while Spider Riders and Battletroggs have both ranged and melee damage included. This is based on the expected role of these units and whether it's reasonable to expect shootas to be in melee (it's not) or Troggoths to shoot while in melee (it is).

For the Stabbas/Shootas I assumed the maximum number of netters including the boss carrying the net, because that's clearly the best choice and not excluded by the warscrolls. +1 to hit with 3 net attacks is way better than +1 on a stabba/spear.

The only one where the modelling isn't going to be perfect is the Spider Riders specifically I reduced the spiders to hit value by 1 (so 5+) then ran a separate attack line for the mortals. So theoretically you could have the fangs both hit and mortal together however the variance produced by that SHOULD (I haven't worked it out) be small enough to not overly affect the results. Just remember that it will affect them in some small manner so the Spider Rider stats have some level of error included.

1. Fellwater Troggoths - 16.1 Points per Damage
  2. Rockgut Troggoths - 20.9 p/d
  3. Stabbas - 25 p/d
  4. Spider Riders - 28.5 p/d
  5. Squig Herds - 30.4 p/d
  6. Stabba Max - 30.6 p/d
  7. Squig Hoppers - 35.6 p/d
  8. Shootas - 91.5 p/d

This table is perhaps the most surprising to me, 20 Stabbas performs exceptionally well for it's value and when combined with the previous table is probably the most efficient unit in the army.

Troggoths really take it here for points per damage with Rockguts especially being amazing at it.

Shootas are terrible but it's hard to judge them because their role is different from every other unit here. They are the only real ranged damage dealer and their points per wound/model is pretty amazing.

Squig Herds beat out Squig Hoppers in both tables by a pretty hefty amount. The thing to note ofc is that one is cavalry and the other is not.

Conclusion

The different battleline units perform different roles. Our most standout unit is 20 Stabbas with the titular weapon, 2 nets and a boss using a net. These perform fantastically on both tables actually BEATING Fellwater Troggoths in terms of damage output for points spent.

Of them all the two units which don't perform seem up to snuff are the Squig Hoppers, who are way faster than anything else on the list, and shootas, whose damage sucks so bad it tanks them down even with the solid points/wound.

So yeah, gw have done a fantastic job with the battleline units. I'm shocked at how balanced the different options seem to be. Obviously once you start throwing in buffs everything starts to swing but I don't think any single arm of the Gitz has it better for the themed than another.

Edited by Malakree
******, I got the maths on the Fellwater Troggs wrong and it really skewed them down. Have edited below as well but take note.
  • Thanks 2

Okay I think im liking this list more. Slightly lacking on my other heavy magic lists but has added punch plus threat saturation.

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- General
- Trait: Dead Shouty 
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl 
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (320)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 186

7 minutes ago, Malakree said:

To expand on @Ekrund Oath Splitters analysis. 

First point is points per wound and points per model.

1. Squig Herds - 5.8 p/w + 11.7 p/m
  2. Stabba Max - 6 p/w + 6 p/m
  3. Stabbas/Shootas - 6.5 p/w + 6.5 p/m
  4. Squig Hoppers - 9 p/w + 18 p/m
  5. Spider Riders - 10 p/w + 20 p/m
  6. BattleTroggs - 13.3 p/w + 53.3 p/m

The only thing of note here is that if you sort by points per model, instead of by wound, the squig herds drop to 3rd. This means for holding contested objectives or taking space the Stabbas/Shootas are better while holding safe objectives the squigs are better.

Next we run the damage table, assuming that all models in the unit are attacking and are unbuffed against a 4+ save with no rerolls. See the spoiler for full results and notes.

Hide contents

Squig Herds - 30.4 points per damage (Expected damage of 2.3)

graph.php?q=r:435:10:1:m000;r:554:2:1:m0 

Stabba Max (spears) - 30.6 points per damage (Expected damage of 11.75)

graph.php?q=r:524:51:1:m000;r:434:24:1:m

Stabbas (stabba) - 25 points per damage (Expected damage of 5.21)

graph.php?q=r:424:17:1:m000;r:434:6:1:m0

Shootas - 91.5 points per damage (Expected damage of 1.42)

graph.php?q=r:454:17:1:m000&f=isv&s=

Squig Hoppers - 35.6  points per damage (Expected damage of 2.53)

graph.php?q=r:554:4:1:m000;r:454:1:1:m00

Spider Riders - 28.5 points per damage (Expected damage of 3.51)

graph.php?q=r:544:4:1:m000;r:444:1:1:m00

Fellwater Troggoths - 25.3 points per damage (Expected damage of 6.33)

graph.php?q=r:236:3:d3:m000;r:335:12:1:m

Rockgut Troggoths - 20.9 points per damage (Expected damage of 7.67)

graph.php?q=r:336:6:3:m000;r:410:1:d3:m0

For Shootas only their ranged damage is accounted for while Spider Riders and Battletroggs have both ranged and melee damage included. This is based on the expected role of these units and whether it's reasonable to expect shootas to be in melee (it's not) or Troggoths to shoot while in melee (it is).

For the Stabbas/Shootas I assumed the maximum number of netters including the boss carrying the net, because that's clearly the best choice and not excluded by the warscrolls. +1 to hit with 3 net attacks is way better than +1 on a stabba/spear.

The only one where the modelling isn't going to be perfect is the Spider Riders specifically I reduced the spiders to hit value by 1 (so 5+) then ran a separate attack line for the mortals. So theoretically you could have the fangs both hit and mortal together however the variance produced by that SHOULD (I haven't worked it out) be small enough to not overly affect the results. Just remember that it will affect them in some small manner so the Spider Rider stats have some level of error included.

1. Rockgut Troggoths - 20.9 Points per Damage
  2. Stabbas - 25 p/d
  3. Fellwater Troggoths - 25.3 p/d
  4. Spider Riders - 28.5 p/d
  5. Squig Herds - 30.4 p/d
  6. Stabba Max - 30.6 p/d
  7. Squig Hoppers - 35.6 p/d
  8. Shootas - 91.5 p/d

This table is perhaps the most surprising to me, 20 Stabbas performs exceptionally well for it's value and when combined with the previous table is probably the most efficient unit in the army.

Troggoths really take it here for points per damage with Rockguts especially being amazing at it.

Shootas are terrible but it's hard to judge them because their role is different from every other unit here. They are the only real ranged damage dealer and their points per wound/model is pretty amazing.

Squig Herds beat out Squig Hoppers in both tables by a pretty hefty amount. The thing to note ofc is that one is cavalry and the other is not.

Conclusion

The different battleline units perform different roles. Our most standout unit is 20 Stabbas with the titular weapon, 2 nets and a boss using a net. These perform fantastically on both tables actually BEATING Fellwater Troggoths in terms of damage output for points spent.

Of them all the two units which don't perform seem up to snuff are the Squig Hoppers, who are way faster than anything else on the list, and shootas, whose damage sucks so bad it tanks them down even with the solid points/wound.

So yeah, gw have done a fantastic job with the battleline units. I'm shocked at how balanced the different options seem to be. Obviously once you start throwing in buffs everything starts to swing but I don't think any single arm of the Gitz has it better for the themed than another.

Thanks for that Malakree, so if we combine the data for p/w + p/d what would the ranking table look like then? This is for the context of getting/holding objectives and also causing damage. I think this will help people decide on what battleline is best to take.

13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Okay I think im liking this list more. Slightly lacking on my other heavy magic lists but has added punch plus threat saturation.

- General
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Wounds: 186

Do you need the other 2 units of 12 Squig Herd Malakithe? How about instead you get another 10 Hoppers just for added mobility and saving you 100pts. Or have 2 units of 24 Squig Herd, 1 less drop, +1 more Bravery, better for giving buffs too and all activate as 1 for combat. Those 100pts then get you some more Boingrots if you were to swap them about for 10 Hoppers.

I also second Malakree's idea of swapping the Mangler out. I like to use mine but only for being my General as it is more survivable, quicker and buffs the army as well as being a beatstick. 

I assume the Rockguts are there for the sole purpose to crack armour?

18 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Thanks for that Malakree, so if we combine the data for p/w + p/d what would the ranking table look like then? This is for the context of getting/holding objectives and also causing damage. I think this will help people decide on what battleline is best to take.

That's such a fricking hard question to answer, it depends entirely on what you value and how exactly you weight the different numbers.

For example, you need to immediately exclude Shootas and Squig Hoppers because they just don't do the same thing as the rest of the list. Next you have to remove the Troggs because of the immense cost per MODEL, rather than wounds or damage, making them horrifically bad at holding objectives.

So the only serious statements I can make are the following.

• Spider Riders are better than Squig Hoppers, their movement is more consistent, damage is better and they have a better save which helps offset the slightly higher points per wound/model.
  • Fellwater are better than Rockguts.
  • 20 Stabbas are our best and most consistent unit. Taken independently they out-compete everything else.
  • Shootas damage output is bad, like really really bad. Only take them if you expect them to NEVER see melee combat as their awful damage is better than 0 ranged damage from the others.

For a mixed, no theme, army you would then get the following.

1. At least one unit of 20 Stabbas. Probably 2 (or a unit of 20 and a unit of 60).
  2. Spider Riders as your cavalry option.
  3. Fellwater Troggoths as your heavy armour cracking unit. 
  4. Squig Herds or Shootas as your backline objective holders.
Edited by Malakree
I messed up some of my maths above. This has thus changed!

Just having a thought, if we had more Horde costed battleline options i think then we might have seen an even closer debate for Stabbas over Squig Herd. Imagine if we had a Horde cost of 240 instead of the 280 you pay for 24 Squigs. All of sudden thats 5 p/w and 10 p/m. I do think that Shootas should of also had the Horde cost that Stabbas got, but i guess no one would of took 60 Shootas anyway as there damage output is quite lack luster.

8 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Do you need the other 2 units of 12 Squig Herd Malakithe? How about instead you get another 10 Hoppers just for added mobility and saving you 100pts. Or have 2 units of 24 Squig Herd, 1 less drop, +1 more Bravery, better for giving buffs too and all activate as 1 for combat. Those 100pts then get you some more Boingrots if you were to swap them about for 10 Hoppers.

I also second Malakree's idea of swapping the Mangler out. I like to use mine but only for being my General as it is more survivable, quicker and buffs the army as well as being a beatstick. 

I assume the Rockguts are there for the sole purpose to crack armour?

Im a bit confused on what your saying about swapping stuff lol

The idea with the Mangler was to use it as huge distraction and force the opponents hand to deal with it immediately but i could probably drop it in favor of more spread out bodies. Smaller looking threats wont look as nasty so might catch people off guard.

The Rockguts are there for cracking big guys, ranged MW, and being tanky heavy infantry. A good back up I would say slogging behind or between the Herds

So in prepping for my battletomb I started painting my grots, ran one test scheme and I think I’m sold! They still need some highlights and small details but 200 of em should look good! The only question is where in the mortal realms could red grots be plausible? I haven’t been keeping up and soon I’ll have to rebase em all to rounds. 

CBAB12D2-B98B-4F78-B9BA-4926830E5D2B.jpeg

9E627F95-CC2F-409B-8A06-FBC483B456A8.jpeg

D8CD4CD8-4985-4CD3-8245-267CEC881754.jpeg

• Like 5

So the shaman minis come with square bases, or that's what's listed on the site description. Do we have any idea how big the base is supposed to be? Common sense tells me 25, but the fungal shaman and loonboss both come on 32s. I very smartly rebased my old shamans on 25s and now I'm regretting it.

Also, now that the Rockguts are out, how much bigger are they than the old metal ones circa 2002 era? I have some of the old ones but if they'd just look weedy I won't mix them in.

2 minutes ago, Malakree said:

That's such a fricking hard question to answer, it depends entirely on what you value and how exactly you weight the different numbers.

For example, you need to immediately exclude Shootas and Squig Hoppers because they just don't do the same thing as the rest of the list. Next you have to remove the Troggs because of the immense cost per MODEL, rather than wounds or damage, making them horrifically bad at holding objectives.

So the only serious statements I can make are the following.

• Spider Riders are better than Squig Hoppers, their movement is more consistent, damage is better and they have a better save which helps offset the slightly higher points per wound/model.
  • Rockguts are better than Fellwaters specifically for units of 3. Fellwaters scale better into larger units.
  • 20 Stabbas are our best and most consistent unit. Taken independently they out-compete everything else.
  • Shootas damage output is bad, like really really bad. Only take them if you expect them to NEVER see melee combat as their awful damage is better than 0 ranged damage from the others.

For a mixed, no theme, army you would then get the following.

1. At least one unit of 20 Stabbas. Probably 2 (or a unit of 20 and a unit of 60).
  2. Spider Riders as your cavalry option.
  3. Rockgut Troggoths as your heavy armour cracking unit.
  4. Squig Herds or Shootas as your backline objective holders.

I know but someone has to ask the hard questions 😉😅😄😉 Its more for the benefit of the others here, interesting how Spider Riders are better than Squig Hoppers. The main reason I am favour of the Hoppers is purely for there MW chance being higher and when having there movement buffed and rerolled become reliably fast.

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I know but someone has to ask the hard questions 😉😅😄😉 Its more for the benefit of the others here, interesting how Spider Riders are better than Squig Hoppers. The main reason I am favour of the Hoppers is purely for there MW chance being higher and when having there movement buffed and rerolled become reliably fast.

Note. I went to check my Fellwater vs Rockguts scaling comment and realised I messed up my maths (Fellwaters do 2 damage with melee not 1) so it's changed the table massively.

As a result I also edited my other posts, so people don't see wrong information.

So the scaling comment unit wise for Rockguts vs Fellwater, since I was doing it anyway.

graph.php?q=r:236:6:d3:m000;r:335:24:2:m Fellwaters - 16.2 p/d

graph.php?q=r:336:12:3:m000;r:110:1:d3:m Rockguts - 20.9 p/d

So no real change in the valuation between the two for units of 6. At units of 9 there is a drop-off for Rockguts since they stop scaling their mortals. Only thing to note here is that if I were to increase the Saves and/or add rerolls then Rockguts would decrease less due to their inherently higher rend and the fact their d3 mortals are mortals. (2+ RR for example have them at 37 p/d and Fellwaters at 42.6)

Edited by Malakree
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Im a bit confused on what your saying about swapping stuff lol

The idea with the Mangler was to use it as huge distraction and force the opponents hand to deal with it immediately but i could probably drop it in favor of more spread out bodies. Smaller looking threats wont look as nasty so might catch people off guard.

The Rockguts are there for cracking big guys, ranged MW, and being tanky heavy infantry. A good back up I would say slogging behind or between the Herds

Well you currently have 4 battleline units, so what im saying is either merge the two units of twelve Herd together of remove them entirely for 10 Hoppers and gain 60pts back. The Mangler is good but the Boingrots are insanely good on the charge, if i had the option over the Manglerboss and Mangler i would go for the boss as it also acts like a Distraction Carnifex whilst also being harder to kill with artefacts and traits then the added benefit of buffing you large amount of Squigs. 2 units of 12 Herd seems slightly inferior to 1 larger unit due to being more drops, more activations and cant all be buffed as 1 unit. 

my opinion on the battleline are 

Spider-riders are fast and mobile Glasscannon that need the most support and synergy from the other Spiderfang units, good build in abilities

Moonclan stabbas are the most reliable options, the have a lot build in support with their equipment, require them to be in large unit for max effectiveness

Troggoths heavy hitters good against tanky units, has a blend of shooting, defensive, and offensive abilities kind of expensive

Squig, cheap offensive choices not as mobile as spider riders but just as good Glasscannon output, doesn't have the greatest build in abilities like the others do.

You guys are killing me lol okay changed it up a bit. Cleaned up the battleline/bodies. Added a huge boost to magic. Moar Bounderz. 

Mortal Realm: Ghur
- General
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Headdress of Many Eyes 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Madcap Shaman (80)
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Wounds: 172

EDIT: @Malakree

Edited by Malakithe

8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

- General
Madcap Shaman (80)

You appear to have 3 artefacts and 1 battalion.

Also if you aren't taking any other realm items then the Gryphfeather charm is better than the Headdress or Cowl. (same thing with +1" move)

EDIT: @Malakithe Adding this because it's hilarious to mess with you. You need to fit a Webspinner Shaman in so that he can take the Gift of da Spider God and your Arachnarok can grab Sneak Distraction!

EDIT2: 

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Oops lol yeah ill remove that. Hmm...so Gryphfeather on the Loonboss then to keep him alive better? 

Na on the Arachnarok for that sweet sweet -2 to hit!

Edited by Malakree

2 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Also if you aren't taking any other realm items then the Gryphfeather charm is better than the Headdress or Cowl. (same thing with +1" move)

Oops lol yeah ill remove that. Hmm...so Gryphfeather on the Loonboss then to keep him alive better? 

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

my opinion on the battleline are 

Spider-riders are fast and mobile Glasscannon that need the most support and synergy from the other Spiderfang units, good build in abilities

Moonclan stabbas are the most reliable options, the have a lot build in support with their equipment, require them to be in large unit for max effectiveness

Troggoths heavy hitters good against tanky units, has a blend of shooting, defensive, and offensive abilities kind of expensive

Squig, cheap offensive choices not as mobile as spider riders but just as good Glasscannon output, doesn't have the greatest build in abilities like the others do.

My opinions are:

Spider riders are on the slow side of things for light cavalry in AoS (10" move is pretty slow, but they ignore terrain when moving and get a +2" to run), but when given buffs they really can shine and be very potent.

Moonclan Stabbas are numerous, hard to shift when immune to Battleshock and can hit hard in larger numbers. Once again they are dependent on other units to boost there capabilities, when you start to loose these synergies the Stabbas begin to falter.

Troggoths hit like trucks (with Fellwater Trolls still taking my fancy as being the most damaging) and are somewhat resilient. They arent the toughest monstrous infantry out there but when behind a wall of chaff they become very good.

Squig Herd have access to reroll runs and charges whilst also having a good melee profile from the get go and a chance to do MWs when they run. They need less support than the other options which is an advantage. They can also reliably and consistently do damage to a wider scope of target that the Stabbas can but you must pick your fights more carefully.

Squig hoppers on average are just as fast as Spider Riders (10" / 11") but can be screwed over by there own random movement. They have the same melee capabilities of Squig Herd and can have get there MWs off easier than there counterparts and in some scenarios can get them off better than Spider Riders. When given buffs they become ever more reliable and a quick asset on the battlefield. However they are the most fragile for there p/w bracket with only a 6+ and a bravery of 4. They will need to strike first and they will need to destroy what they hit. OH AND THEY HAVE FLY. 

Ranking wise i would go:

1. Stabbas / Herd

2. Squig Hoppers

3. Fellwater Troggoths

4. Spider Riders

5. Rockgut Troggoths

This ranking is based on how they operate independently, with other units, holding the board and how many uses they can give. Mobility, offense, defence and synergy.

13 minutes ago, Malakree said:

EDIT: @Malakithe Adding this because it's hilarious to mess with you. You need to fit a Webspinner Shaman in so that he can take the Gift of da Spider God and your Arachnarok can grab Sneak Distraction!

Grrr lol I could just drop the Madcap and swap for the Webspinner. Though Nightshroud is kinda nuts to protect stuff like the Herds and Rockguts as they move up the field

EDIT: okay added him in to the post above. made some adjustments 

Edited by Malakithe

13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

You guys are killing me lol okay changed it up a bit. Cleaned up the battleline/bodies. Added a huge boost to magic. Moar Bounderz. And still at 180 wounds so wont be easy to chew through.

Leaders
- General
Madcap Shaman (80)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Wounds: 180

Hahaha you dont need our seal of approve Malakithe lmao! 😅😉 Try your list out, youll get a feel what works and what doesnt. Then come back to us and tell us what YOU feel about those units and what YOU would change. We could keep changing your list for you but only you will know how they play in your hands. You might find Squig Herd awful and want Stabbas instead for instance. Just give your list a spin first.