AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

14 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Troggboss so far has killed a Great unclean one with support from unit of boingrots, he killed 2 Bloodthirsters one game with help from a unit of rockguts, he's severely crippled multiple stormcast units, I've still yet to see what he can do against beasts like Nagash or Archaon but if he can get to them in good condition I think he could lay the hurt! 

I find spears better in 60s, 40s I debate between stabbas and spears and 20 definitely stabbas, they honestly exist as a resilient tarpit and bodies for objectives really but they do manage to chip some wounds off stuff which is all they're really for

I can just imagine him strangling the Great Unclean One! Like popping a zit. 😂😅 The Troggboss really excels at taking out high wound infantry armies like Stormcast, Ironjaws, Maggotkin Mortals and Bloodbound Mortals.

I feel like i need to add a block of Goblins to my 2k list but it goes against my theme....

15 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Yea I think thats the debate on Battalions. If they're too cheap or too good, they become auto takes (like the Everchosen battalions pre 2.0 nerf). If they're too overcosted or with marginal benefits, then they're just sitting there locking out additional artifacts (SCE struggle a lot with this, outside of like the cleansing phalanx)

Another thing to keep in mind is the shift of 1.0 battalions to 2.0. Modern battalions usually only give 1 benefit, vs the 2-3 benefits of older ones. So you do have to sit and think about gaining the one drop, artifact, cp, and one benefit vs the cost and composition of the battalion. And it does still appear to be a learning process on GWs part. BoC as another example being the next newest book has some very....odd battalion choices, from almost auto include to "why do I need to take 3 gors".

Fully agree with all of this Kenshin620, although i think the Gloomspite Battletome have quite a few useful and affordable battalions.

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Fully agree with all of this Kenshin620, although i think the Gloomspite Battletome have quite a few useful and affordable battalions.

Plus it is nice to actually have a variety of battalions! As opposed to say Legions of Nagash who have 6, 4 of which are legion specific and require Nagash or a Mortarch. I still can't believe they don't have a Necromancer+Zombie Battalion.

Though I am curious if the Gobbapalooza battalion is going to be a common thing from now on.

12 minutes ago, Mayple said:

What's the theme? ;)

Everything is either a squig is on a squig of course! Here is my Fungoid Shaman, im currently working on a boss on giant cave squig, i have 3 hoppers chained together and the boss is a new loonsmasha fanatic so it looks like he is being flung about.

And there is Big Timmy, the legend of all Gloomspite Nations across the realm!!! (Boingrot)

IMAG3236.jpg

IMAG3240.jpg

IMAG3237.jpg

IMAG3238.jpg

IMAG3239.jpg

IMAG3227.jpg

IMAG3229.jpg

IMAG3231.jpg

IMAG3235.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

For that squig its the one with multiple eyes, so i filled them in with liquid greenstuff and made some of his tusks broken. Greenstuffed a fur throw over him so the shroomancer can sit on him, and then any legs can go on any hopper so i mixed and matched the legs until i got a pose that looked like the squig is also scared and tripping out like the shaman. I am currently converting up the boogleye to be brainwashing a bunch of little squigs from the squigbuggy and he will be my 2nd Fungoid.

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

For that squig its the one with multiple eyes, so i filled them in with liquid greenstuff and made some of his tusks broken. Greenstuffed a fur throw over him so the shroomancer can sit on him, and then any legs can go on any hopper so i mixed and matched the legs until i got a pose that looked like the squig is also scared and tripping out like the shaman. I am currently converting up the boogleye to be brainwashing a bunch of little squigs from the squigbuggy and he will be my 2nd Fungoid.

How are you doing the Boss on Giant Squig? I hate that GW didnt update him along with everything else

2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I'd quite like a campaign book similar to that of the new Vigilus 40K book that contains new battalions for armies, would love to see some new ones for Khorne, Ironjawz etc, just to give them more variety and perhaps the opportunity to catch up to armies that are considered more "powerful"

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

How are you doing the Boss on Giant Squig? I hate that GW didnt update him along with everything else

3 hoppers chained together with 5mm chain stiffened up with super glue at each link. Remove the hands that attach to the neck of the squigs and smooth those areas down. Then im going to attach a Loonsmasha to the chain at its knot and use the my spare squig herder armoured head for his own. My theme is that everyone has a helmet, everyone has a squig. Wizards just need squigs haha 🤣

23 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

I'd quite like a campaign book similar to that of the new Vigilus 40K book that contains new battalions for armies, would love to see some new ones for Khorne, Ironjawz etc, just to give them more variety and perhaps the opportunity to catch up to armies that are considered more "powerful"

My Ironjawz could do with some GW lovin 😣 i think they are setting up Chamon as the next realm to be under the spot light, weve had Ashqy, Ghyran and Shyish explored. I think Ulgu will be uncovered more when Malerions Elves show up but Chamon is largely a mystery and i wouldnt have put the Gloomspites head honcho there, i would of gone for Ulgu myself so it seems like they want to expand upon Chamon a bit more which is nice. Lore of Metal and Beasts were always my favourite and then Heavans and Shadow.

5 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

My Ironjawz could do with some GW lovin 😣 i think they are setting up Chamon as the next realm to be under the spot light, weve had Ashqy, Ghyran and Shyish explored. I think Ulgu will be uncovered more when Malerions Elves show up but Chamon is largely a mystery and i wouldnt have put the Gloomspites head honcho there, i would of gone for Ulgu myself so it seems like they want to expand upon Chamon a bit more which is nice. Lore of Metal and Beasts were always my favourite and then Heavans and Shadow.

also Carrion Empire is set up in Chamon too, so we have Flesh eaters, Skaven, Gloomsipite Gitz, all fighting in that realm currently So it seems that GW  is maybe hinting at something.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, novakai said:

also Carrion Empire is set up in Chamon too, so we have Flesh eaters, Skaven, Gloomsipite Gitz, all fighting in that realm currently So it seems that GW  is maybe hinting at something.

Oh yea forgot that was also set there! They did say new endless spells will be available for everyone so maybe Chamon may have its own type of Necroquake that unleashes new sorts of magic... 🤔 Gloomspite vs Skaven or Dwarves may be an interesting prospect, re-ignite old grudges.

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Plus it is nice to actually have a variety of battalions! As opposed to say Legions of Nagash who have 6, 4 of which are legion specific and require Nagash or a Mortarch. I still can't believe they don't have a Necromancer+Zombie Battalion.

Though I am curious if the Gobbapalooza battalion is going to be a common thing from now on.

What are your thoughts on the Gobbapalooza both as the 5 models and the battalion. I like them but the Brewgit is the weak link thats kind of throwing me off including them in a list. Both the Shroomancer and Boogleye are amazing with the Scaremonger and Spiker being useful, but the Brewgit... well all he does is buff a Moonclan Grot Heroes which only seems useful for the Loonboss with Giant Cave Squig or Skraggrot, the rest of Grot heroes dont really want to be fighting. 

56 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

What are your thoughts on the Gobbapalooza both as the 5 models and the battalion. I like them but the Brewgit is the weak link thats kind of throwing me off including them in a list. Both the Shroomancer and Boogleye are amazing with the Scaremonger and Spiker being useful, but the Brewgit... well all he does is buff a Moonclan Grot Heroes which only seems useful for the Loonboss with Giant Cave Squig or Skraggrot, the rest of Grot heroes dont really want to be fighting. 

Agreed... If the loonboss on mangler had the grot keyword he'd suddenly become rather good ... Shame really

1 minute ago, CarkFish said:

Agreed... If the loonboss on mangler had the grot keyword he'd suddenly become rather good ... Shame really

Hahaha yeah its a shame 😄i have a sneaky suspicion that they made the Squigs different from the Grots for a semblance of balance. Having puffshroom frenzy, poison potions, reroll 1s to hit from the Bad Moon and Im Da Boss now Stab em up Good all affecting Squigs of various types + there normal benefits they have now may have been a bit too strong, oh and also attaching Fanatics as well, hence the removal of the Grot keyword on those units.

Especially for the likes of Squig Herd. Taking small little 6 Squig squads for 70pts each to charge up the Spiteful Prodder, or a large unit of 24 Squig Herd to boost The Great Green Spite, i dont think you would see masses of normal Moonclan Goblins except a token unit to benefit from the Loonshrine.

8 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Hahaha yeah its a shame 😄i have a sneaky suspicion that they made the Squigs different from the Grots for a semblance of balance. Having puffshroom frenzy, poison potions, reroll 1s to hit from the Bad Moon and Im Da Boss now Stab em up Good all affecting Squigs of various types + there normal benefits they have now may have been a bit too strong, oh and also attaching Fanatics as well, hence the removal of the Grot keyword on those units.

Especially for the likes of Squig Herd. Taking small little 6 Squig squads for 70pts each to charge up the Spiteful Prodder, or a large unit of 24 Squig Herd to boost The Great Green Spite, i dont think you would see masses of normal Moonclan Goblins except a token unit to benefit from the Loonshrine.

Hehe .. v true

A quick tip for those of you that, like me, don't like finecast or the current Loonboss on Giant Squig;

The Mangler Squig kit comes with several alternate faces for the squigs, and I've used the one I didn't use for the mangler squig for this little guy;

Billede+21-01-2019+00.15.08.jpg

The rider is an extra from the Mangler kit as well, except his mooncutta and head, which are from the Squig Hopper kit. The body of the squig is just a lump of milliput and the legs are from a River Troll. Obviously still needs a lot of sculpting, but the basis is definitely there, and Squigs are pretty easy to fill in the details on, when the face and legs are sorted. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Great Green Spite only requires the Gloomspite Gitz keyword so the 24 squig herd thing actually works. It's just a ridiculously expensive way to get it vs 60 stabbas, if you want pure squig it might be worth it though.

11 minutes ago, GuitaRasmus said:

A quick tip for those of you that, like me, don't like finecast or the current Loonboss on Giant Squig;

The Mangler Squig kit comes with several alternate faces for the squigs, and I've used the one I didn't use for the mangler squig for this little guy;

The rider is an extra from the Mangler kit as well, except his mooncutta and head, which are from the Squig Hopper kit. The body of the squig is just a lump of milliput and the legs are from a River Troll. Obviously still needs a lot of sculpting, but the basis is definitely there, and Squigs are pretty easy to fill in the details on, when the face and legs are sorted. 

That looks beastly!!!! Good use of the second mangler face, it looked very rodent like when i looked at it originally.

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

This is amazing! Really good job!