AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

48 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

He's fast, durable when given the helm of many eyes and the curse of the spider god spell is utterly amazing

Oof so it is. No way that’s not getting a nerf.

Seeing as ones always fail in those instances presumably it means re-rolling One’s abilities are moot? Is that how it’s being interpreted?

22 minutes ago, Nos said:

Oof so it is. No way that’s not getting a nerf.

Seeing as ones always fail in those instances presumably it means re-rolling One’s abilities are moot? Is that how it’s being interpreted?

How would it get nerfed though? Its a simple item. Not worded strangely or confusing. Unless they limited it to a range or something. And the warscroll hasnt changed at all. It has always been one of the best casters in all of Destruction 

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

How would it get nerfed though? Its a simple item. Not worded strangely or confusing. Unless they limited it to a range or something. And the warscroll hasnt changed at all. It has always been one of the best casters in all of Destruction 

I’m talking about Curse of the Spider God only, not the unit or item

16 hours ago, Mayple said:

But the Troggboss has one massive advantage over his counterparts: he is not a monster.

So all in all, he..

- Benefits from look out sir

- Benefits from cover (putting him at a 3+ save)

- Ignores harmfull spell effects on a 4+

- access to command traits as general, which the webspinner does not. This can give him a whole bunch of stuff, but notable options for durability is Loonskin (always affected by bad moon until it leaves the map, giving an extra command point each round, and doubling/re-rolling his regeneration) and Tough as rocks (+2 wounds)

- Access to a high risk/high reward artifact that gives him a 4+ ward save until he rolls a 1. Or instead, he can pick a realm artifact that gives him the same benefits as headdress of many eyes, so that is not exclusive to the webspinner. 

- Edit: benefits from defensive spells just as much as the webspinner. The healing is the only exclusive part of it, and the Troggboss matches that with his own healing. Worse healing on his own, matched with Loonskin.

So, without artifacts:

- Troggboss is the tankiest, because he's not a monster.

With artifacts/traits:

- Still tankiest. Becomes almost impossible to nuke with some luck. An extra command point each round is nothing to sneeze at. (hilarious how that translates to a tactical genius Troggboss slogging around the battlefield!)

I still dont find him as impossible to nuke as you make out, he is still going to die to the big bad close combat units out there that suddenly avoid his Look out sir benefits as it is the combat phase... If we go off a perfect scenario with the Badmoon affecting the whole board the Webspinner will have a -2 to hit in combat, is 2" quicker which does matter for helping to avoid/escape risky combats, can get a -3 to hit at 12" range vs shooting and heals d6 wounds on a 8 (with +2 to cast) and he will also have a +2 to unbind with the enemy wizard getting a -1 to cast so can nullify spells.

Now the same for the Troggboss, he takes the gryph feather charm, loonskin, is benefitting from look out sir and has a cheeky night shroud thrown on him like the Shaman above. Thats a -3 to hit with shooting and a -1 to hit in combat. If he charges you are only getting the 4+ save of which wont save him much from rend 1 and 2 attacks, and he only gets to heal if he is alive of which 12 wounds isnt hard to get through. Ive killed Treelords and Treelord ancients with ground breaking stomp in a single round of combat with Brutes and Witches of which Treelords are vastly tougher with the native 3+ save and same amount of wounds. If he does regen wounds he has a 50/50 chance of actually getting it off, if you reroll it you arent doubling the amount healed, the shaman just needs to roll a 8 with his modifiers to regain d6 back, he needs a 4+ to regain 2, 4 or 6 so 2/3rds the time he is getting equal to or less than the Shaman... 

Now lets talk about cover, whilst yes thats a good point, it will be very hard for him to get the benefits of cover as the game goes on. As you slowly waddle 6" (and maybe a run) up a turn to cover to cover you are limiting his mobility if you have to zigzag to different terrain pieces. You'll most likely get it turn 1 but not all armies shoot and not all armies will target him. If it were me ill be aiming at your other units on the board that pose a bigger threat. As i stated before if you charge with him you will loose the benefit of it and if you incorrectly position him a faster army with take that advantage whilst his pants are down. His innate spell defense is cute , but once again would you as an opponent target him with spells when you can simply affect other parts of your army which do what he does better?

Overall i personally think he is the weakest Hero out of the Mangler Boss, Webspinner Arok and himself. Hes the slowest, his buffs arent massive... adding 1 bravery to a bunch of goblins of all types wont help them not run away and rerolling 1s to hit for trolls is ok. The Mangler beats him in speed, damage and combat manipulation, the Arok buffs the army massively with spells and unbinds whilst also being good in combat and hard to hit.

If your taking a full Troll army sure take him, if your not, dont bother. As you mentioned the extra command points will be amazing for this army, we can use inspiring prescience when its needed, use the Loonshrine to override it, use a Boogleye to negate it. I just really cant see a use for him that isnt already covered somewhere else in the army... I wasnt impressed with him when we first saw his rules and i still hold that opinion now after watching people use him in my LGS today. Infact i fought against him today myself with my Squig List vs his Troll list and my Mangler Boss did a massive 17 damage to him, it was safe to say he was very dead inside the Squigs stomachs. 🤣😅😂 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

7 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I still dont find him as impossible to nuke as you make out, he is still going to die to the big bad close combat units out there that suddenly avoid his Look out sir benefits as it is the combat phase... If we go off a perfect scenario with the Badmoon affecting the whole board the Webspinner will have a -2 to hit in combat, is 2" quicker which does matter for helping to avoid/escape risky combats, can get a -3 to hit at 12" range vs shooting and heals d6 wounds on a 8 (with +2 to cast) and he will also have a +2 to unbind with the enemy wizard getting a -1 to cast so can nullify spells.

Now the same for the Troggboss, he takes the gryph feather charm, loonskin, is benefitting from look out sir and has a cheeky night shroud thrown on him like the Shaman above. Thats a -3 to hit with shooting and a -1 to hit in combat. If he charges you are only getting the 4+ save of which wont save him much from rend 1 and 2 attacks, and he only gets to heal if he is alive of which 12 wounds isnt hard to get through. Ive kill Treelords and Treelord ancients with ground breaking stomp in a single round of combat with Brutes and Witches of which Treelords are vastly tougher with the native 3+ save and same amount of wounds. If he does regen wounds he has a 50/50 chance of actually getting it off, if you reroll it you arent doubling the amount healed, the shaman just needs to roll a 8 with his modifiers to regain d6 back, he needs a 4+ to regain 2, 4 or 6 so 2/3rds the time he is getting equal to or less than the Shaman... 

Now lets talk about cover, whilst yes thats a good point, it will be very hard for him to get the benefits of cover as the game goes on. As you slowly waddle 6" (and maybe a run) up a turn to cover to cover you are limiting his mobility if you have to zigzag to different terrain pieces. You'll most likely get it turn 1 but not all armies shoot and not all armies will target him. If it were me ill be aiming at your other units on the board that pose a bigger threat. As i stated before if you charge with him you will loose the benefit of it and if you incorrectly position him a faster army with take that advantage whilst his pants are down. His innate spell defense is cute , but once again would you as an opponent target him with spells when you can simply affect other parts of your army which do what he does better?

Overall i personally think he is the weakest Hero out of the Mangler Boss, Webspinner Arok and himself. Hes the slowest, his buffs arent massive... adding 1 bravery to a bunch of goblins of all types wont help them not run away and rerolling 1s to hit for trolls is ok. The Mangler beats him in speed, damage and combat manipulation, the Arok buffs the army massively with spells and unbinds whilst also being good in combat and hard to hit.

If your taking a full Troll army sure take him, if your not, dont bother. As you mentioned the extra command points will be amazing for this army, we can use inspiring prescience when its needed, use the Loonshrine to override it, use a Boogleye to negate it. I just really cant see a use for him that isnt already covered somewhere else in the army... I wasnt impressed with him when we first saw his rules and i still hold that opinion now after watching people use him in my LGS today. Infact i fought against him today myself with my Squig List vs his Troll list and my Mangler Boss did a massive 17 damage to him, it was safe to say he was very dead inside the Squigs stomachs. 🤣😅😂 

What was your squig list?

14 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What was your squig list?

It was only a 1000pt list but it was the following:

Moonboss on Mangler with Fight another Day and Thermalrider Cloak

10 Squig Hoppers

10 Squig Hoppers

16 Squig herd with 4 herders

10 Boingrot Bounders

Today i fought against:

Opponent 1

Troggboss with Loonskin and Glowly Howzits

6 Fellwater Troggoths

3 Rockgut Troggoths

3 Rockgut Troggoths

Opponent 2

Spirit Torment with Ruler of the Spirit Hosts and Pendant of Fell Wind

Reikenor

20 Grimghast Reapers

3 Spirit Hosts

3 Spirit Hosts

10 Bladegheist Revenants 

Opponent 3

Bloodwrack Medusa with Mistress of Illusion, Shadow Stone and Mind Razor

Haq Queen with Catechism of Murder

Hag Queen with Martyrs Sacrifice

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Khinerai Heartrenders 

5 Khinerai Heartrenders 

5 Khinerai Heartrenders 

5 Khinerai Heartrenders 

In order i scored the following, Major win vs the Trolls, Minor win vs the Nighthaunt and Major loss vs the Daughters of Khaine.

@Ekrund Oath Splitters

Anything a Webspinner Shaman can do defensively, a Troggboss can do better. Any buff or combo that adds to survivability can also be applied to the Troggboss. The only thing unique to the webspinner is the healing spell, and that casting value 8 is one tough cookie. Different flavours, different purposes, but you're way off course if you claim that the Troggboss is -less- tanky than its counterparts. It is the one area where it actually shines 😛

Also whoever let you run a mangler squig at it should work on their positioning. 60mm is not difficult to protect. Anything in the game can die instantly if positioned poorly. 

Mangler squig is the nuke

Webspinner Spider is the utility

Troggboss is the anvil

Different tools, different jobs. Out of the three, he'd be the one I'd bring if I wanted my general to survive the duration of the battle while fighting just behind the front line. 

If I wanted to do something else, well, then I'd use something else 😛

Hey, so unfortunately due to funds I had to hold off on getting the gloomspite book but I was wondering if people think max blocks of night goblins is good for battle line and what kinda support should I give them? I have almost 300 night goblins so I can just spam the field with them but was wondering how they fair in the new book. What is good to support them? Every list I see is on the squig or troll kick so I was looking to give the foot soldiers love lol

3 minutes ago, solosam47 said:

Hey, so unfortunately due to funds I had to hold off on getting the gloomspite book but I was wondering if people think max blocks of night goblins is good for battle line and what kinda support should I give them? I have almost 300 night goblins so I can just spam the field with them but was wondering how they fair in the new book. What is good to support them? Every list I see is on the squig or troll kick so I was looking to give the foot soldiers love lol

The loonshrine makes you want to take at least some. 

A max block of stabbas is really good.

You can buff them sneaky snuffers and Sporesplatta Fanatics up to up their attacks. The more attacks the better spears are and the loonboss command ability are, the less buffs I think stabbing stabbas are the way to go.

The Shootas don’t get a discount at max unit size in points but some of the buffs apply to them both in shooting and in combat. Most seem to find them pricy but I want to love them but we will see. I’m still insanely spoiled from gitmob archers, going to be hard to say goodbye to those gits. I’m thinking I’ll probably go max netters and use the shooting as a extra attack.

The clamy hand command ability can let you roll to bring back up to two units in your hero phase with the shrine, and you get a roll at the end of your turn. You can only bring back a unit once, but you can keep trying until they are successful. The one battalion let’s one unit come back at full strength, it seems a little pricy to me in points but I’m going to give it a try anyway. 

Squigs, spiders and trolls have everyone all excited but it’s always been about Grot mobs for me!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

@Ekrund Oath Splitters

Anything a Webspinner Shaman can do defensively, a Troggboss can do better. Any buff or combo that adds to survivability can also be applied to the Troggboss. The only thing unique to the webspinner is the healing spell, and that casting value 8 is one tough cookie. Different flavours, different purposes, but you're way off course if you claim that the Troggboss is -less- tanky than its counterparts. It is the one area where it actually shines 😛

Also whoever let you run a mangler squig at it should work on their positioning. 60mm is not difficult to protect. Anything in the game can die instantly if positioned poorly. 

Mangler squig is the nuke

Webspinner Spider is the utility

Troggboss is the anvil

Different tools, different jobs. Out of the three, he'd be the one I'd bring if I wanted my general to survive the duration of the battle while fighting just behind the front line. 

If I wanted to do something else, well, then I'd use something else 😛

Its not that he is hes less tanky than his counterparts its that he is equal to that tankiness with a Manglerboss during combat but with Fight another Day the MB ignores retaliation entirely meaning he suffers 0 damage during that combat. It is only if he heals that he gains the advantage over the MB. An 8 may be a hard cast but arcane terrain can help boost that, the moon also and the cauldron as well. He is always getting his +1 to cast native so on average he is getting it off.

Having watched his 3 games he lost his Troggboss vs myself and the Daughters in a single round of combat. And in respond to his positioning it was fairly good, but when you have 20 hoppers leaping over your 6 fellwater screen turn 2 it hurts (12 MWs i did, won who gets to position the Bad Moon, put it on his quarter, turn 2 my hoppers go 4d6 of which one unit got 18" and the other with a CP 6" run got a 20" move, thats 3 dead Trolls and then my boss moved 17" and charged 6", squeezed through the gap my hoppers made in the movement phase by leaping from 2 different angles to get all models over his unit).

So in light of what ive said before i just dont see him being an anvil, maybe because i dont really see him benefitting my army or play style in any way shape or form. An anvil is like a VLoZD with the Ethereal Amulet, Stardrake with all the bells and whistles, Sequitors with all there defensive combos active, a Bastiladon with Celestial Rites. Something that will actually survive a crazy combat that would normally wipe out another unit in its class. For 60pts more you get 60 goblins, those lil gits are more an anvil then he will ever dream to be, and your going to get 30 back when they die. There are better generals out there in the book to choose from, whilst a goblin maybe more squishy he is easier to hide and will benefit you army more.

8 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Having watched his 3 games he lost his Troggboss vs myself and the Daughters in a single round of combat. And in respond to his positioning it was fairly good, but when you have 20 hoppers leaping over your 6 fellwater screen turn 2 it hurts (12 MWs i did, won who gets to position the Bad Moon, put it on his quarter, turn 2 my hoppers go 4d6 of which one unit got 18" and the other with a CP 6" run got a 20" move, thats 3 dead Trolls and then my boss moved 17" and charged 6", squeezed through the gap my hoppers made in the movement phase by leaping from 2 different angles to get all models over his unit).

Really shouldn't use this as any kind of proof. It will skew your insight. Your friend had no screen units. His prerogative, but his general was never going to survive, regardless of what model he used. Assume proper positioning when talking hypothetically, or we might as well write them all off as bad heroes that will die instantly to any hard-hitting combat focused unit in the game. 

16 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

So in light of what ive said before i just dont see him being an anvil

He is. Not by himself just standing out in the open, but that goes for any unit. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Things work in correlation with each-other beyond simple number crunching combo synergies. A hero that refuses to go away if given even the barest notion of support is one heck of a useful tool. 

25 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Its not that he is hes less tanky than his counterparts its that he is equal to that tankiness with a Manglerboss during combat but with Fight another Day the MB ignores retaliation entirely meaning he suffers 0 damage during that combat. It is only if he heals that he gains the advantage over the MB

If you ignore access to cover and look out sir, yes. If you account for them, no. Statistically superior to defensively, not equal to. 

28 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

An anvil is like a VLoZD with the Ethereal Amulet, Stardrake with all the bells and whistles, Sequitors with all there defensive combos active, a Bastiladon with Celestial Rites.

Seeing as how they're not available to Gloomspite Gitz, have wildly different roles, and exist within different armies (i.e: different faction playstyles and weaknesses) entirely. I can't really do much with that comparison. Arkhan is a better caster than Skragrot. Still using Skragrot 😛

35 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

An 8 may be a hard cast but arcane terrain can help boost that, the moon also and the cauldron as well. He is always getting his +1 to cast native so on average he is getting it off.

And on average, the double regeneration goes off too ;) Statistics are nice like that.  Additionally, regeneration can not be dispelled. 

39 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

maybe because i dont really see him benefitting my army or play style in any way shape or form.

Right on. Don't let that subjectivity cloud your perceptions though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Really shouldn't use this as any kind of proof. It will skew your insight. Your friend had no screen units. His prerogative, but his general was never going to survive, regardless of what model he used. Assume proper positioning when talking hypothetically, or we might as well write them all off as bad heroes that will die instantly to any hard-hitting combat focused unit in the game. 

He is. Not by himself just standing out in the open, but that goes for any unit. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Things work in correlation with each-other beyond simple number crunching combo synergies. A hero that refuses to go away if given even the barest notion of support is one heck of a useful tool. 

If you ignore access to cover and look out sir, yes. If you account for them, no. Statistically superior to defensively, not equal to. 

Seeing as how they're not available to Gloomspite Gitz, have wildly different roles, and exist within different armies (i.e: different faction playstyles and weaknesses) entirely. I can't really do much with that comparison. Arkhan is a better caster than Skragrot. Still using Skragrot 😛

And on average, the double regeneration goes off too ;) Statistics are nice like that.  Additionally, regeneration can not be dispelled. 

Right on. Don't let that subjectivity cloud your perceptions though. 

So far since the release of this book i have had 8 games ranging from 1000pts all the way up to 2000pts (4 1000pts, 1 1250pts, 2 1500pts and 1 2000pts),  mainly against Gloomspite Gits as there has now been a resurgence in Destruction players across Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe and Winsford which are the areas i usually play. Funnily enough 5 games so far have been against GGs (solo moonclan, solo troll, solo spiderfang, mixed and squig), and the people i regularly play against arent novices by any stretch of the imagination. 2 people out of those 5 players run the Troggboss, one of which has proxied him since the book came out with a custom giant conversion and the other only just built his yesterday when his order arrived at the LGS. When someone is running a pure Troll list he has no means of having goblin chaff to protect his boss when his army consists solely of Trolls. The other had his in a GG mixed army (of which is all wonderfully painted and converted).

So based on these "statistics" they have fallen flat on there faces against myself twice and vs other people that they have fought, and one of them has now demoted his boss to a normal Dankhold. My perceptions are based off ingame experience, neither of them had any bad dice rolls to speak of, they simply didnt do enough to warrant them being the general. Ive had one kill 4 of my Boingrots, Ive had one do nothing against me. I have witnessed this vs other armies that they have fought (my meta is flooded with LoN, DoK and MK...).

I was using my examples of peak efficiency to show the maximum difference between the Shaman and the Trogg, but in actual game terms i have seen both in action and i know which one i would place my bet on. Given enough correlation of the battlefield, tactics, baiting and army synergy you can make ANY character survivable, some need less help than others, some can just sit at the back of the board and be safe. That is not a privilege the Troggboss solely owns, with enough planning and luck you can make any of your heroes last the entirety of the game, but then you are trading away how much they affect the match too.

We could debate this all night and i fully respect your views on the Dankhold Troggboss, but me and many others in my gaming group see him as a weaker hero as a whole when viewing our options in context. He simply doesnt affect the battlefield in ways that the others do, he isnt much of a force multiplier, he isnt the most punchy of heroes. He might survive a combat and heal up, he reminds me very much of a jack of all trades type of hero, and thats where i see his downfall. He doesnt do anything well, what phase does he truly own? He cant master the movement phase, he doesnt participate in the shooting phase, his hero phase isnt the best and his combat phase is ok. When picking units i always aim to have mastery over 2 phases in particular.

By mastery i mean they excel greatly in these fields. For example the Mangler Boss with the right load-out and buffs has an amazing movement phase and an excellent combat phase. Add these both together and he is like a heat seeking missile, he will do what you need him to do, he dictates the terms, your opponent reacts. Forcing someone to act a certain way is key to this, he manipulates these phases and increased your odds of betting your enemy.

What i think everyone is truly missing right now is play testing. We are all just writing lists and making theories, but until you have your units on the board you cant make a definitive answer. Hell i would love to hear your games with your GGs and i encourage everyone to do the same as it helps everyone construct a list they are happy with. If you want me to i can give you an in-depth review of all 8 games i have participate in and give you a turn by turn overview of what happened. Im preparing for a 2k tournament on the 9th of February so i have been cramming in games left right and centre so i know my armies strengths and weaknesses (like how a squig list doesnt need the badmoon for example) and what armies are our kryptonite.

But to conclude on what we were originally talking about, i myself do not see any use for a Troggboss. I would rather have 6 Fellwater Troggoths instead, however if you can make him work let us know! I on the otherhand am not one to go off statistics. I like to mathammer like everyone else but when it comes down to it ingame experience trumps theoryhammer. 

• Like 1

Another List. Sorry in advance for list spams.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz LEADERS

• Skragrott, The Loonking (220) - General - Lore of the Moonclans : Call da Moon
  • Mollog (170)
  • Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90) - Artefact : Hammerblade - Lore of the Moonclans : Call da Moon
  • Zarbag (160) - Lore of the Moonclans : The Hand of Gork UNITS
  • 7 x Zarbag's Gitz (0)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 20 x Stabbas (130) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields - 3 x Barbed Nets - 1 x Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1 x Badmoon Icon Bearers
  • 20 x Stabbas (130) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields - 3 x Barbed Nets - 1 x Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1 x Badmoon Icon Bearers
  • 5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
  • 5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
  • 5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)
  • 5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
  • 1 x Dankhold Troggoths (220)
  • ENDLESS SPELLS Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (undefined)
  • Scuttletide (30)
  • Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

TOTAL: 2000 WOUNDS: 173

I like the idea of pulling off a lot of spells. thoughts? I think this would be great fun.

8 minutes ago, Nickmoss90 said:

Another List. Sorry in advance for list spams.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz LEADERS

• Skragrott, The Loonking (220) - General - Lore of the Moonclans : Call da Moon
  • Mollog (170)
  • Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90) - Artefact : Hammerblade - Lore of the Moonclans : Call da Moon
  • Zarbag (160) - Lore of the Moonclans : The Hand of Gork UNITS
  • 7 x Zarbag's Gitz (0)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 6 x Squig Herd (70)
  • 5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
  • 5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
  • 5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
  • 1 x Dankhold Troggoths (220)
  • ENDLESS SPELLS Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (undefined)
  • Scuttletide (30)
  • Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

TOTAL: 2000 WOUNDS: 173

I like the idea of pulling off a lot of spells. thoughts? I think this would be great fun.

It looks good although one thing i would suggest is merging the 2 squads of 5 boingrots into 1 squad. :) Bravery might be an issue but pin pointing all of your MW damage through 1 unit is most likely better than having 2 smaller squads try to do it.

Maybe explain the general gist of your list, what combos your aiming for, etc. Also interesting pick of the Hammerblade on the Fungoid, why did you choose that? And any reason for taking Call da Moon?

7 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

It looks good although one thing i would suggest is merging the 2 squads of 5 boingrots into 1 squad. :) Bravery might be an issue but pin pointing all of your MW damage through 1 unit is most likely better than having 2 smaller squads try to do it.

Maybe explain the general gist of your list, what combos your aiming for, etc. Also interesting pick of the Hammerblade on the Fungoid, why did you choose that? And any reason for taking Call da Moon?

Thanks for your reply.

I would join the squads of Boingrots together. I would use the faster hoppers to prevent enemy fast troops charging the Boingrots first.

The Hammerblade was a mistake sorry. I am not sure which I would take maybe the Talisman.

I like the idea of casting a lot of mortal wounds from a distance hence the three shamans. Squigs can be used in lots of different ways. Holding one unit to protect Skragrott from any back stabber units. 

Mollog and Dankhold tanking units to face off enemy large units.

Skragrott will use the cauldron, using any spell best in that current game. All three shamans can try cast off Scuttletide to prevent enemy troops from reinforcing/ attacking.

Zarbag gits can be used to stay on an objective etc.

I only have Skragrott curently. I added a picture today of my work in progress.

2 hours ago, Nickmoss90 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I would join the squads of Boingrots together. I would use the faster hoppers to prevent enemy fast troops charging the Boingrots first.

The Hammerblade was a mistake sorry. I am not sure which I would take maybe the Talisman.

I like the idea of casting a lot of mortal wounds from a distance hence the three shamans. Squigs can be used in lots of different ways. Holding one unit to protect Skragrott from any back stabber units. 

Mollog and Dankhold tanking units to face off enemy large units.

Skragrott will use the cauldron, using any spell best in that current game. All three shamans can try cast off Scuttletide to prevent enemy troops from reinforcing/ attacking.

Zarbag gits can be used to stay on an objective etc.

I only have Skragrott curently. I added a picture today of my work in progress.

Instead of giving Skraggrot Call Da Moon swap it out for another spell, if he is getting the cauldron anyway youll know all the spells so it would be better off getting another spell just incase you dont get the cauldron off. As for the artefact he could take what about Spell Mirror, Aetherquartz Brooch, Lens of Refraction or one of the items that give an additional unbind attempt. Either of those options are nice for him and so is the Moonface Mommet.

Zarbag will be the best candidate to cast Scuttletide when you use his +2 to cast once per game. Would it also be best to merge your 4 herds together for a 24 block? Lowers your drops and once they are in the thick of the fight when they flee youll get more chances to do mortal wounds. The same could also be done for the 2 20 gobbo units but thats a personal preference, however if your keeping them at 20 per squad its best if you go stabbas instead of spears.

I have a game against nighthaunt in a few days. I'm trying to figure out a list. So far I have: 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 176

I'm debating whether I should try to include my 2x squig gobbas or colossal squig. Also not 100% sure on the loonboss on giant cave squig or skragrott. Thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

I have a game against nighthaunt in a few days. I'm trying to figure out a list. So far I have: 

Leaders
- Moon-cutta
Madcap Shaman (80)
- General

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)

Units

Battalions

Endless Spells

I'm debating whether I should try to include my 2x squig gobbas or colossal squig. Also not 100% sure on the loonboss on giant cave squig or skragrott. Thoughts?

I'm running something very similiar but I do think that a loonboss on mangler isn't great as for those 60pts it gains the weakness of being a hero and only a few mediocre attacks. The cowl is good but a base mangler can be apart of the stampede for those important rerolls.   I think you will want to have squig lure to allow your squigs to work without the moon and the mushroom is very good but may back fire if you roll low.  

If you made that small change you could buy another shaman or a standard loonboss to use his command ability on the 60 grots

3 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

Leaders
- Moon-cutta
Madcap Shaman (80)
- General

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)

Units

Battalions

Endless Spells

What would you trade out for the colossal squig or the gobbas? From my game against them using squigs, i found that the MWs i dealt did the most damage, the rend of the squigs becomes useless. You want ways of dealing a lot of saves so snufflers with those 60 grots would be pretty good! Do you happen to know what your opponent will take? If he goes down the bravery route you may suffer looses that way unless you hung your shrine which then restricts your movement,or your willing to spend CPs on inspiring prescience.