Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S133arcanite

AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Really cool idea, but that will probably be tough to fit on a 50mm round base.  You might consider using that project idea to represent something a bit larger.

Yea, that’s a fair point, it might get pretty busy. I had originally thought of representing a boss on a mangler, but that’s a really tall model, and I’m not sure I can pull off what I want there. Maybe it won’t be 8 squigs with antlers haha, I might have to “rein” it in a bit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

That reminds me that I need to pick up that command set.  It is one of the few Night Goblin models that I have never purchased.  I should snag it from Forgeworld before they discontinue it and force me to rummage around ebay.

Bit of a bargain ain't it! 

Even if only for the Heroes, both of which I could see myself using.

Shammy to hold the Mommet, Boss for his AOE Command Ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Malakree said:

@Mayple Personally I'd drop the manglers for another 40 stabbas, that unit of 60 is just so damn good at everything. Then split the Boigrots into 10x10x10 to let you be more flexible with the power and harder for your opponent to tie down in combat.

This is a Mangler (on the charge) vs 10 Boingrots (on the charge) and yes I realise I'm STILL being biased against Manglers.

graph.php?q=r:335:4:d6:m002;r:236:7:d3:mgraph.php?q=b:0.5:10:1:0;r:435:40:1:m002

I suspect this is more a case of the Boingrot bounders being the real standout unit of the book. It's such a great allrounder when combined with the Loonboss on Cave Squig/Squig Rider Stampede at a fantastic price.

Such a horrific list to try and deal with. If you can get 3 Boingrots, one from each unit to charge within 1" of something you average 22.5 mortals onto it. Yes the Loonboss on Mangler is here, I'm not arguing against it for theme lists, I think we can all agree that for Theme lists the Themeboss becomes amazing.

Are you counting the mortal wounds from the boingrots in that statistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thostos said:

 I was just checking it out,,had it for a year now but havent built it yet.I had forgotten that it comes with a Nightgoblin Shaman in a really cool pose:)

 

It has that one Night Goblin miscasting and exploding with magic, the banner guy, and the Squig Boss. All of them look great. Personally I feel the banner is too large for that grot, I would probably cut the pole, turn it into a staff, and make him another shaman. Save that cool banner for some terrain.

I love the Squig Boss too, but that spear looks flimsy and I would be afraid to break it. I would replace that with the new Boingrot lance and maybe try to fit a Boingrot helmet in the hood. Make him look armored and dead killy. Then again, they are sold out at the moment. ☺️

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are making it difficult to nail down a list lol i want lots of squigs. Id like the Troggboss but will probably have to swap for SpiderSham+WalkingSoupBowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to a Loonboss on giant cave squig stand-in, I'm currently working on a "mini-mangler" boss which uses two squigs from the squig hopper kit chained together and the boss hanging on for deal life. Stat-wise two squigs are almost identical to a giant cave squig anyway, so it should be pretty accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im at work and just tossing ideas around. I feel like im lacking something but im used to big scary punchy units as opposed to all the small gits. I just tossed in the Troggoths for lack of anything else and im not sold on the Madcap. With only 4w he will die to anything but lack of any other good squig synergy types heros leaves a gap to fill.  I figured I would keep it near the Herds for protection. The SpiderSham will take the Cauldron of course and follow the Bounderz who will be doing most of the work.


Leaders
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig 
- General
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider 
Madcap Shaman 

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd 
18 x Squig Herd 
10 x Squig Hoppers 

Units
15 x Boingrot Bounderz 
15 x Boingrot Bounderz 
3 x Rockgut Troggoths 


Battalions
Squigalanche 

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron 

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I open the book I want to try something new. At first I was just thinking about a competitive build. But now I'm getting nostalgic and leaning towards a thematic build with a nod towards the old world of Warhammer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Im at work and just tossing ideas around. I feel like im lacking something but im used to big scary punchy units as opposed to all the small gits. I just tossed in the Troggoths for lack of anything else and im not sold on the Madcap. With only 4w he will die to anything but lack of any other good squig synergy types heros leaves a gap to fill.  I figured I would keep it near the Herds for protection. The SpiderSham will take the Cauldron of course and follow the Bounderz who will be doing most of the work.


Leaders
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig 
- General
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider 
Madcap Shaman 

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd 
18 x Squig Herd 
10 x Squig Hoppers 

Units
15 x Boingrot Bounderz 
15 x Boingrot Bounderz 
3 x Rockgut Troggoths 


Battalions
Squigalanche 

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron 

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

Sounds fun, but you are over points or illegal. I think you meant to make your battalion a Squig Rider Stampede instead of a Squigalanche (the latter requiring at least one of the former). The stampede is 50 points more expensive, so some edits will need to be made.

Edited by KalmDown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KalmDown said:

Sounds fun, but you are over points or illegal. I think you meant to make your battalion a Squig Rider Stampede instead of a Squigalanche (the latter requiring at least one of the former). The stampede is 50 points more expensive, so some edits will need to be made.

ahh ****** your right lol time to adjust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Malakree said:

@Mayple Personally I'd drop the manglers for another 40 stabbas, that unit of 60 is just so damn good at everything. Then split the Boigrots into 10x10x10 to let you be more flexible with the power and harder for your opponent to tie down in combat.

This is a Mangler (on the charge) vs 10 Boingrots (on the charge) and yes I realise I'm STILL being biased against Manglers.

graph.php?q=r:335:4:d6:m002;r:236:7:d3:mgraph.php?q=b:0.5:10:1:0;r:435:40:1:m002

I suspect this is more a case of the Boingrot bounders being the real standout unit of the book. It's such a great allrounder when combined with the Loonboss on Cave Squig/Squig Rider Stampede at a fantastic price.

Such a horrific list to try and deal with. If you can get 3 Boingrots, one from each unit to charge within 1" of something you average 22.5 mortals onto it. Yes the Loonboss on Mangler is here, I'm not arguing against it for theme lists, I think we can all agree that for Theme lists the Themeboss becomes amazing.

Very interesting statistics! Especially nice is the reliable mortal wounds output of the Boingrots. Without having tried either of the two options, i still think there is some arguments for the Mangler:

1) If you end up getting charged the damage output of the mangler should be much higher compared to the boingrots. In general it should be possible to get charges off (even more if you have the bad moon) but if your opponent gets a double turn, or plays it smart by throwing some cheap unit between to soak up the mortal wounds it can easily happen.

2) The boingrots have terrible bravery, so bigger units are weak to magic and shooting. Somewhat equalized by the higher number of total wounds though.

3) If you decide on the loonboos on mangler, you can give him the Fight another day trait, charging in and then retreating. Seems like a super fun and strong combo.

4) If you go heavy on the squigs, i think there should be a threshold of squigs when the command ability of the loonboss justifies the cost and the loss of mortal wounds on the charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about:

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Troggoth Hag (380)
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
60 x Stabbas (360)

20 x Stabbas (130)

6 x Squig Herd (70)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 174

 

I`m testing this list right now with good effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I revised my list. Im still iffy on the Madcap. Its just so squishy. But if he does survive he can cast one or two of those great spells he has. The SpiderSham will have the Cauldron to back up the Loonboss and Bounderz as the mobile heavy hitters. I like seeing the Derpface Boss in the list as I think he is underrated. He can potentially destroy entire units and slay any non-mounted hero. He is also the tankiest hero/unit in the range. 

Its not as heavy on bodies as other lists but it brings confusion and target saturation. Ignore the Herds and they will rip you apart due to Itchy Nuisance being cast and right behind them is the Troggboss. The Bounderz will likely be in your face t1 at the earliest with the Loonboss CA plus Squig Lure so they will need attention drawn to deal with them, which will leave my other units free to do stuff. The Troggboss needs some dedicated firepower to take down which if he draws fire then he is doing his job. And lastly those that try to shoot the spider will have -1 to hit and then he will heal himself with the spider spell.

Edit: not sure what trait to give the General or what 2nd item to give to whoever.

Leaders
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- General
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Headdress of Many Eyes 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Dankhold Troggboss (300)

Battleline
18 x Squig Herd (210)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 168

Edited by Malakithe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- General
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Headdress of Many Eyes 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Dankhold Troggboss (300)

I would definitely give at least one artefact to that Troggboss, either Thermal Ridercloak or a defensive type item. It lets you use him to hold objectives on the battleplans which require a hero with an artefact. That said in your list I would desperately try to find a way to get the extra 80 points for a Hag instead, she will perform the same roll with significantly higher effect and bonus utility. Her -1 hit/save is everything your list wants.

EDIT: @Mayple 

 

Edited by Malakree
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Malakithe Hard to go wrong throwing an artifact on the Troggboss :) You're already investing some points into him. Might as well make him able to capture objectives on certain scenarios, and be even more of a problem to deal with. Be it Ghyrstrike (making him 2+/2+), Glowy Howzit (4+ save after save until you roll a 1), thermalri-..


Gosh darn it @Malakree! FOILED AGAIN! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Malakree @Mayple 

Good call though...just didnt know what item to give the big doofus. What about the trait for the general?

Edited by Malakithe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Malakithe - Really depends. Since your general doesn't really want to get involved in the fighting himself, but will want to use his command ability more or less every single round, it is probably a solid bet to go for either "Dead Shouty" to keep that machine rolling on its own, while you can safely spend your command points for other things (re-rolling charge rolls, battleshock, etc) - or "Fight Another day/Tough n Leathery" for survivability. Fight another day is really nice if you don't want to get locked down with your boss, and essentially turns him into Seraphon skinks, except he gets to attack before he runs away. Only go that route if you imagine he'll ever be in a vulnerable position to enemy close combat though, since "tough n leathery" will be your best lead-from-the-back style survival trait, and helps much better against shooting/magic. 

Personally I'd go for dead shouty. It just compliments your list really well. If it was a mangler, then I'd probably consider "fight another day" as a way to increase the threat level. 

Cunning plan does nothing for you. You know you'll be using his command ability anyway, so the dead shouty is just as good, and then surpasses it several times depending on how many rounds the boss stays alive. 

 


Edit: Mind that I would go dead shouty because I trust myself to keep him alive for at least one round, regardless of what my opponent tries to do (alpha striking shenanigans and such). If you doubt his ability to survive the first round, then tough n leathery will be your best option, since killing your loonboss before your first turn will put a serious speed bump (pun intended) on your squig assault. 

Edited by Mayple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 4:09 AM, dirkdragonslayer said:

Hello lads, I just got my Squig Hopper/Knight box and plan to build them as Knights. Not asking about tactics or anything but...

What are some good Grot Knightly order names?

Orda of da pointy stick?

Knights of da Bad Moon?

Defendas of da Eight Peaks?

Maybe someone good with puns can think of one.

Edit: Also these spare sword arms from the Hopper half seem like they would be great to add diversity to mobs of Stabbas with Stabbas. Or use the spare knight heads and Hopper weapons to convert Blood Bowl Gobbos into foot knights!

Da Lyin’ Rampantz

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 5:09 AM, dirkdragonslayer said:

Hello lads, I just got my Squig Hopper/Knight box and plan to build them as Knights. Not asking about tactics or anything but...

What are some good Grot Knightly order names?

Orda of da pointy stick?

Knights of da Bad Moon?

Defendas of da Eight Peaks?

Maybe someone good with puns can think of one.

Edit: Also these spare sword arms from the Hopper half seem like they would be great to add diversity to mobs of Stabbas with Stabbas. Or use the spare knight heads and Hopper weapons to convert Blood Bowl Gobbos into foot knights!

Slave-things of the under-empire,

Yes-yes😀🙃,

jokes aside how those the Warlordz boyz Sound to you, or maybe the kingz boyz?

edit: although I really like the name “orda of the pointy sticks” (reminds me of a certain dead faction ((Gw🧐)))

Edit: still love it though

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didnt find the time to buy/read through the battletome. but is it possible/viable to run a full squig list :D?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phlp said:

i didnt find the time to buy/read through the battletome. but is it possible/viable to run a full squig list :D?

or find the time to read literally any page on this topic?, where at least 1-2 squig lists seem to be featured on every page. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

or find the time to read literally any page on this topic?, where at least 1-2 squig lists seem to be featured on every page. 

thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...