AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

36 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

My rockgut trolls will look a little wonky on 50mm bases, but shouldn't be too bad.

I wonder why the old metal warboss is still for sale. The new Loonboss on foot seems like his clear replacement(and I'll be using my old model as a Loonboss on foot) and they've not been shy about getting all the rest of the old duplicates out of the store. Maybe they have so much back log of the guy that they can't write it off yet or something.

Maybe someone at the office still likes it?

I mean they still sell Malagor as a generic Great Bray Shaman despite having a plastic Great Bray Shaman.

3 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm upset that the loonboss cannot have sword and board or 2 mooncuttas as it nullifies both my classic loonboss models.  

I'm thinking that the rockgut troggs with sneaky snufflers buffs will hurt alot

Sneaky snuffler can't use their buff on Rockguts since they don't have the Moonclan keyword

17 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Not sure but really disappointed the loonboss don't have an option that doesn't have that goofy helmet. im sure many like it but would have been nice to have an option, and that sprue seems sparse enough. I Guess anyone that doesn't like it better snap up a grot warboss=P I will probably play skarsnik since they have the same CA.  may eventually get goofhead for when i need the 30 points. 

yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the helmet either, but looking at the sprue, the head it a separate piece that goes inside the helmet and it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to take the helmet off. I don't know how complete that head is(the zoom in detail on the picture isn't great), but if it's not complete, it shouldn't be too hard to get another head on there. A gitmob head with just a helmet on top of his head would do nicely. I'd also redo the basing, because I think it's a bit much. While GW is getting amazing detail out of plastic these days and that's great, I think they're letting go to their heads sometimes and overdesign a bit. Of course I'll probably stick with my old metal guy and while he might see the table more now that he's not wasting points on options he doesn't have on the old messy warscroll, I'll probably be sticking with my guy on the giant cave squig so my hoppers are battleline.

I think recently GW are going away with small hero model with different weapon options for some reason ( probably less plastic pieces ) the only time they every give you different weapon options now is on very big character models like the GUO and the Megaboss on Maw Krusha

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the helmet either, but looking at the sprue, the head it a separate piece that goes inside the helmet and it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to take the helmet off. I don't know how complete that head is(the zoom in detail on the picture isn't great), but if it's not complete, it shouldn't be too hard to get another head on there. A gitmob head with just a helmet on top of his head would do nicely. I'd also redo the basing, because I think it's a bit much. While GW is getting amazing detail out of plastic these days and that's great, I think they're letting go to their heads sometimes and overdesign a bit. Of course I'll probably stick with my old metal guy and while he might see the table more now that he's not wasting points on options he doesn't have on the old messy warscroll, I'll probably be sticking with my guy on the giant cave squig so my hoppers are battleline.

Luckily I have some spare heads from the old Fanatic set to replace the helmet with. It's a neat helmet and all, it just doesn't look right without a Night Gobbo hood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Wait a minute, Dankhold is only 60mm? I thought he was going to be much bigger than that! Maybe Throgg on a large scenic base CAN be a Troggboss...

Dankhold, while "literally and figuratively a Monster", is not a Monster at all, so he doesn't get a huge base.  Monsters get huge bases.

1 hour ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm upset that the loonboss cannot have sword and board or 2 mooncuttas as it nullifies both my classic loonboss models.  

Actually, since there is only 1 option for a warboss on foot that has no squig, I would say you could play any warboss on foot that has no squig, and there is no ambiguity. There actually aren't any weapon options for any of the grot heroes now, so your opponent shouldn't care what weapons are modeled.  
Here is the flow chart for determining  visually if a model is a loonboss:

1.  is it a single grot model? yes
  2.  is it a wizard? no
  3.  is there a Squig? no
  4. It is a "Loonboss"

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

And so the rebasing begins. I've got 80mm and 50mm bases on order for Mangers and stone trolls, but I got my hoppers and warboss started on 32mm. Had to go with bloodbowl bases because GW stopped selling slotted bases.

2019-01-11 19.14.19.jpg

Do you need slotted 25mm bases?  I probably have a few hundred in bins that most likely won’t ever see the light of day.  GW has thoroughly turned me into a pack-rat when it comes to anything that might one day make a good model or terrain conversion....

For the first time ever I have not bought any models at the time of the release for  a new army I want. Just the book and cards. I learned from my mistake when I bought everything from the Idoneth deepkin and Kharadron overlords release and ended up not using half of the stuff....

I really want a competitive build for this army 😊

• Like 1

Just now, Smashin' said:

Just received my order of squigs, I was not expecting it but the squig dice seem to be made of rubber... so be careful, THEY BOUNCE!!! 🤣

As any true squig should!

15 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

For the first time ever I have not bought any models at the time of the release for  a new army I want. Just the book and cards. I learned from my mistake when I bought everything from the Idoneth deepkin and Kharadron overlords release and ended up not using half of the stuff....

My person guess would be a Moonclan army either Grots with Troggoth Hag and some support or a Squig army with some Stabbas for numbers.

22 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

And yet you bought the stuff that will be obsolete within weeks lol i never buy the dumb cards now. Warscrolls change way too often and too fast

9 minutes ago, Smashin' said:

Just received my order of squigs, I was not expecting it but the squig dice seem to be made of rubber... so be careful, THEY BOUNCE!!! 🤣

Well, they are cheaper than squig hoppers, so put a  moonclan grots on top of them and voilà.

EDIT: Or  just use tham as Cave Squigs.

Edited by michu

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

And yet you bought the stuff that will be obsolete within weeks lol i never buy the dumb cards now. Warscrolls change way too often and too fast

Well not really a problem for me. I really like the tokens you get 😊 and I don't want to regret not buying them when they are sold out. 

31 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I buy the cards and then the eCodex. Cards are to save time when playing

12 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Loonsmasha Fanatics Vs Sporesplatta Fanatics? What do you prefer?

¿Por qué no los dos?

I'll play both of these units: sporesplatta between my units of stabbas and my characters and at least 1 unit of loonmasha ready to destroy everything during any turn. I think the skulkmob is way better with a big unit of 60 than with 3 units of 40 (or less) so right now I'm not sure I'll use it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Loonsmasha Fanatics Vs Sporesplatta Fanatics? What do you prefer?

If you are running a Moonclan Grot army you probably want at least one of each.

That said they perform different rolls so it's tricky to compare them. Loonsmashas are a combat unit which is there to dissuade or punish enemy charges. Sporesplattas are a utility unit which screens and buffs your units.

The fact they are built out of the same kit is incidental when comparing the two.