AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 minute ago, Furious said:

That's awesome, thanks for the answer - 58 pages is a lot to sift through for pretty simple but specific info.

Are any warscrolls toast? I see that the fanatics have been split into two types, and I'm guessing the old one is obsolete now? And that Gloomspire grots don't have a spear unit, those are Moonclan?

I'm getting most of my info off the AOS app, so I'm not sure what's fully up to date yet. I know there's no option for Gloomspire allegiance in Azyr.

The only war scroll that seems to be toast is the old sourbreath troggoth. I guess you could technically use as an ally to other armies that take troggoths as allies, but not in a gloomspite gitz army. I'm guess you could use them as rockgut now.

I don't know what you mean by no spears. The stabbas unit can take the stabbas or spears as weapon.

Hey boys, i'm fairly new to Warhammer  AOS and i'm planning my gitz List and i got some question : on AoS you have to pay for battalion, if i take a superbattalion do i have to repay the sub included battalion or i only pay for the superbattalion and the sub one are free as a reward ?  

What do you think of this list ? (i build them as sub superbattalion aren't free)

I was thinking of some kind of objective grabber reviving  stabbas with manglers squigs and boingrot as flanking power 

The fungoid shaman with the caudron played aggressivly as i suppose you can attribute cauldron wound to enemies nearby instead of ally. i would try to always keep the stabbas in the shrine range moving it with hand of gork. is it usefull to have moonclan skrap so ? or better take 

Leader :  skragott [220] 

Battleline :  3 x  20 Stabbas [ or 2 stabbas - 1 shootas] [390] + 2 x 5 loonsmasha fanatics [280] + 1 x 5 sporesplattas fanatics [ 120] 

Other :  2 x  5 boingrot bounderz [200] + fungoid shaman [90] with arachnocauldron endless spell [50] + 1x 5 sneakysnuffler [70]

behemoths : loonboss on manglers Squigs [300]

battalion : Skullmob [160] + moonclan Skrap [120]

total : 2000 pts

2nd possibility : same list but with squig rider instead of Skullmob 

As i move my shrine while moving the stabbas is it usefull to have moonclan skrap so ? or better take skullmob + Squig rider battalion ?

thanks for answer !

41 minutes ago, Furious said:

That's awesome, thanks for the answer - 58 pages is a lot to sift through for pretty simple but specific info.

Are any warscrolls toast? I see that the fanatics have been split into two types, and I'm guessing the old one is obsolete now? And that Gloomspire grots don't have a spear unit, those are Moonclan?

I'm getting most of my info off the AOS app, so I'm not sure what's fully up to date yet. I know there's no option for Gloomspire allegiance in Azyr.

I don't know a ton about pre-Gloomspite grots, but I don't think that too much was completely eliminated.  Sourbreath Troggoths are gone, I believe.  Squig Herds are a combined Squigs/Herders warscroll now.  There might be some more I'm missing.  Moonclan infantry are not Shootas and Stabbas.  Shootas are armed with bow and slitta, while Stabbas have a choice between Pokin' Spear and Stabba (I know that makes it confusing, since they're called Stabbas!).  Standard order of spears hit on 5+ but have 2" reach, while stabbas are 1" reach but hit on 4+.

The app is definitely not up to date.  There are only a few units in the Gloomspite list, and whiles they're all up to date there is a lot missing (various characters, mangler squigs, snufflers, and probably a lot more I'm forgetting).   The next round of pre-release starts tomorrow.  The app should hopefully update along with that, and I'm also hoping Warscroll Builder updates soon too!

Hope that helps!

EDIT - As an aside, some things seems to have gained, not new warscrolls but enough changes and distinction to be actual separate units.  The big case here is the Araknarok.  The 3 different versions all seem to have their uses, and aren't identical in rules/points anymore, so that's a plus!

Edited by FPC
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Ah ok so is it actually worth it to pay 300~ pts or more into battalion formation competivly speaking  ?

It can be. One of my ironjawz uses a super battalion.

You have to make sure you are able to properly take advantage of not just the battalion effects but also the extra cps and artefacts.

37 minutes ago, FPC said:

EDIT - As an aside, some things seems to have gained, not new warscrolls but enough changes and distinction to be actual separate units.  The big case here is the Araknarok.  The 3 different versions all seem to have their uses, and aren't identical in rules/points anymore, so that's a plus!

There's even more than 3 versions.  You get 5 separate warscrolls out of the one box, 4 spider and one grot.

Spider with flinger

Spider with grot crew

Spider with shaman

Spider alone (the masterpiece of the new set of scrolls)

Shaman on foot

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

There's even more than 3 versions.  You get 5 separate warscrolls out of the one box, 4 spider and one grot.

Spider with flinger

Spider with grot crew

Spider with shaman

Spider alone (the masterpiece of the new set of scrolls)

Shaman on foot

I'm liking the deep striking standalone spider. I might buy another kit to get that and the shaman on foot.

42 minutes ago, FPC said:

The app is definitely not up to date.  There are only a few units in the Gloomspite list, and whiles they're all up to date there is a lot missing (various characters, mangler squigs, snufflers, and probably a lot more I'm forgetting).   The next round of pre-release starts tomorrow.  The app should hopefully update along with that, and I'm also hoping Warscroll Builder updates soon too!

They usually wait to update the app until right around when the book is available at retail.  So that should be sometime after saturday.

1 hour ago, polishsausage said:

oh god, you do make sense and its sad,

15 BB generate 7.5mw on charge with 30 wounds 4+ 

the real question is: do you 3x5 Bounderz or 1x15 Bounderz
what would be advantages/disadvantages (if you don't mind explaining to a newb like me) 

I had a much longer post but my net died and I've turned my computer off.

Essentially the manglerboss is what's called a force multiplier, on his own he's alright but the more squigs he has around him the better his command ability gets.

Taking 15 boingrot bouncers on the charge (for simplicity) against a 4+ save rerolling 1s. Left is unbuffed the right is with +1 To wound from the manglerboss.

graph.php?q=r:435:60:1:m001&f=sr&s=graph.php?q=r:425:60:1:m001&f=sr&s=

So it goes from 9-15 with 70% expectation of 11+ damage to 12-19 and a 70% of 14+ damage.

So the command ability is worth +3 damage for the attacks from 15 boingrots. This ignores the manglerboss damage itself, just the command ability.

graph.php?q=r:435:60:1:m001;r:435:60:1:mgraph.php?q=r:425:60:1:m001;r:425:60:1:m

If we then up it to 30 boingrots we get +6 expected wounds. So given that boingrot are worth around 11 damage normally at 45 boingrot the command ability alone is probably worth more than another 15. At 60 its definetly worth more.

Obviously having 60 boingrot all getting full attacks while within the CA is unreasonable but all of this is ignoring the damage the mangler itself is doing.

So the worth of the mangler is dependent on how many other squigs units you have benefiting from the CA and how much space you have to work with.

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

They usually wait to update the app until right around when the book is available at retail.  So that should be sometime after saturday.

True.  I'm most concerned with updates to warscroll builder!  Really want to start toying around with some lists!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I'm liking the deep striking standalone spider. I might buy another kit to get that and the shaman on foot.

The Skitterstrand Arachnarok is a neat idea as a lone predator. I love that it isn't just a naked Arachnarok.  It lives in the nest of the Spider God and comes out from Shyish to hunt. I don't have one, but if I did I would paint it to be somewhat ghostly, like maybe an ethereal Black Widow.. 

Also gets you some good bits. The Howda and stuff can be used for terrain, the on foot shaman, and some spare grots for conversions.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Just a question;  although the Sourbreath Troggoths do not appear in the Gloomspite Gitz book,  they do still have a warscroll and points, so are they still a legitimate unit in game, simply without the Gloomspite Gitz keyword.  

They should still be legal to use for now. However it seems like GW is phasing them out, so I would expect them to go away come GHB2019

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Just a question;  although the Sourbreath Troggoths do not appear in the Gloomspite Gitz book,  they do still have a warscroll and points, so are they still a legitimate unit in game, simply without the Gloomspite Gitz keyword.  

They're still legal to play, but not in a Gloomspite Gitz army since they can't be taken in the army or as allies. But they are legal allies for every other destruction faction or in GA destruction armies. I suspect sourbreaths may not even show up in GHB 2019.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Nice, my old manger should look just fine on that size(100mm would have been pushing it) and maybe it will fall over less now.

even though I have to rebase mine, I am happy that the ball and chain on my Mangler isn't sticking out any more

My rockgut trolls will look a little wonky on 50mm bases, but shouldn't be too bad.

I wonder why the old metal warboss is still for sale. The new Loonboss on foot seems like his clear replacement(and I'll be using my old model as a Loonboss on foot) and they've not been shy about getting all the rest of the old duplicates out of the store. Maybe they have so much back log of the guy that they can't write it off yet or something.

34 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I wonder why the old metal warboss is still for sale. The new Loonboss on foot seems like his clear replacement(and I'll be using my old model as a Loonboss on foot) and they've not been shy about getting all the rest of the old duplicates out of the store. Maybe they have so much back log of the guy that they can't write it off yet or something.

Not sure but really disappointed the loonboss don't have an option that doesn't have that goofy helmet. im sure many like it but would have been nice to have an option, and that sprue seems sparse enough. I Guess anyone that doesn't like it better snap up a grot warboss=P I will probably play skarsnik since they have the same CA.  may eventually get goofhead for when i need the 30 points.